Spyder Garage

Default Shoulda know better

Ok just fair warning , yesterday I had a quest simply get part number for brakelight bulb to see if something I wanted to try would fit. 12dealerships later still no luck, not much anyway,
    Info I did find: [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]520000758[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)] 12vHDP21/5w (printed on bulb parts guy read me from one on shelf) also said was oval in shape not round like most others[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]BRP#410504100 I also contacted my local batteries +bulbs to see if the BRP # would refer to anything else....nada same said for auto zone & orailys they ask me to bring in bulb & can compare from there. * Note my bulb is not bad im just looking for info* not a simple process to get bulb out fyi. Espesically for something as simple & fragile as a light bulb! Its common knowledge tha bulbs need to be replaced perodicly, & what I learned was BRP absolutly ignorant process to do so. Every parts desk was digging though diagrams & could find assemblys, turn signal post,& license plate stuff just not the tail/brake light bulb. Im not done & will share what I find & my project results, but best not to wait till a bulb goes out to have this pain on top of it. [/COLOR]
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Possibly a dumb question, but did you try an Auto parts store? Most of them have a pretty good supply of different bulbs.
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Ok just fair warning , yesterday I had a quest simply get part number for brakelight bulb to see if something I wanted to try would fit. 12dealerships later still no luck, not much anyway,
    Info I did find: [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]520000758[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)] 12vHDP21/5w (printed on bulb parts guy read me from one on shelf) also said was oval in shape not round like most others[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]BRP#410504100 I also contacted my local batteries +bulbs to see if the BRP # would refer to anything else....nada same said for auto zone & orailys they ask me to bring in bulb & can compare from there. * Note my bulb is not bad im just looking for info* not a simple process to get bulb out fyi. Espesically for something as simple & fragile as a light bulb! Its common knowledge tha bulbs need to be replaced perodicly, & what I learned was BRP absolutly ignorant process to do so. Every parts desk was digging though diagrams & could find assemblys, turn signal post,& license plate stuff just not the tail/brake light bulb. Im not done & will share what I find & my project results, but best not to wait till a bulb goes out to have this pain on top of it. [/COLOR]
    Your post is extremely difficult to read. Also no model year for your Spyder that I can see.

My 2013 STL takes a 1157 bulb for brake and taillight.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Agree..!!

17916 in wagner electric, 1157 in GE pretty much standard brake/running light bulb for cars , bikes and trucks. These are incandecent bulbs there are other brands as well. Most autoparts have refference catalogs you can check and crossrefference. They all have the 1157...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Listed in profile

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Your post is extremely difficult to read. Also no model year for your Spyder that I can see.

My 2013 STL takes a 1157 bulb for brake and taillight.
    listed in my profile thx fyi we have same bike & my bulb is not out I was looking for the size with out having to remove ,ez call a dealer right¿ then I discovered a kink in information. (Aggervated I admit OCD & prusued to investigate, "How many dealers does it take to find a bulb?") appogies for diffucult reading I was/am irked @ this & posting from small phone fyi.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ingramwc View Post
    Possibly a dumb question, but did you try an Auto parts store? Most of them have a pretty good supply of different bulbs.
    not a dumb question thx & yes I did commonly its the 1157 but simply getting that info from BRP was the start of my problem. Removing bulb is no simple task & a dealer should be able to tell me simple info, but many were not. The auto shops could not cross referance with out part numbers that BRP apperantly wont share. They asked me to bring in bulb, is my next option

Spyder Garage

Default License Plate Light

Also, FYI the license plate light is a 5008.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    listed in my profile thx fyi we have same bike & my bulb is not out I was looking for the size with out having to remove ,ez call a dealer right¿ then I discovered a kink in information. (Aggervated I admit OCD & prusued to investigate, "How many dealers does it take to find a bulb?") appogies for diffucult reading I was/am irked @ this & posting from small phone fyi.
    May I suggest you put your Spyder info into the Signature. Model, year and mods are helpfull.

I am puzzled why you would think that a BRP dealer parts desk would know anything other than the BRP part number. They have no reason to know that.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

My expeirance parts desk & techs(when they try to help) learn what else works & can help customers return. re usually impressed, respect customers (taking care of vehicle) that dont need help till replacing major items (they like farkles too).

Will do signature thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock