Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    The F3-T looks really good tho like Canada I'm waiting, not hopefully, for the Oz price. And (I know I've mentioned this before) if Oz only brings the SE6 in the 'Limited' I know the price will be up near the RT! I do hope we get std F3-T in electronic shift.

A question if I may re u-fit.
    I know (from husband's F3) that I will need the short reach bars which are listed at about USD150 (so a lot more in Oz) - CAN I just order the F3-T with the short reach bars and not have the original ones at all?? ie if "u-fit" is meant to tailor the bike to me, why does it seem in reality to be "u-accessorise with bits we sell you" --- I'd much rather order the bar as part of the rrp of the bike than have it as an added cost accessory. Same goes for the link bits for the foot position. I hope I've got this wrong, so some clarification sought, please.
    You make a good point. My guess is you would have to bring this up to your dealer. I know the dealers have to buy the controls and they are not part of the package when they order a F3, they all come the same.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    They are now saying that the F3 is optimized for a single rider about 250 lb limit. Two up on occasionally and if the rider is heavier or rides two up all the time they should go with the F3-T.
    There is a shock upgrade for the current F3 that has more load capacity at a very reasonable price, around $250 I think they said.

Hey Lamont, new guy here and to motorcycle/trike riding in general, looking at buying a a Spyder one day. This point is of interest to me, since I am on the heavy side ( Even with weight loss, I think I'll probably still end up around 225+). And riding two-up is a consideration I do have. Are the upgraded shocks referring to the FOX Podium shocks from Can-Am? Or different one that's not listed on the Can-Am Build and Price tool? Additionally, would all three wheels need shock upgrades, or just front or back?

As for my opinions on the 2016 line up. I like the new RSS colors, that "Gold Wheat" trim looks good. It is now something I'm considering

The ST-S, I'm really not impressed, especially since there's now the F3-T, and I need more a of reason beyond "RS with Footboards, and a factory installed radio kit" to buy it

The F3.... well on one hand, now I no longer have to worry about the question of "huh, do I try turning the F3-S into a pseudo-touring machine one day, or dedicated riding machine". The -S is now clearly better suited for the shorter trips, and riding for the sake of riding, and the -T for the weekend trips/vacations without having to tow it on a trailer to the location.
    Of course, they also then had to introduce all the new F3 options and parts, and I kinda like most of the "Bonneville" set up suggestion Can-Am has on their Youtube page (granted, I'd probably skip the silencer and handlebar option). And with most of the options mentioned in that video it looks nice. It also cost at around $30,000 at MSRP

The F3-T looks pretty good too. And the inclusion of saddlebags and the ability to add a trailer is something I like. So that's definitely being considered as well

And the RT. Well, I do like the RT-S Special series.
    Last edited by Alt Eisen; 09-20-2015 at 05:42 PM.

Spyder Garage

Click Here for the 2016 Catalog and Videos

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Alt Eisen View Post
    Hey Lamont, new guy here and to motorcycle/trike riding in general, looking at buying a a Spyder one day. This point is of interest to me, since I am on the heavy side ( Even with weight loss, I think I'll probably still end up around 225+). And riding two-up is a consideration I do have. Are the upgraded shocks referring to the FOX Podium shocks from Can-Am? Or different one that's not listed on the Can-Am Build and Price tool? Additionally, would all three wheels need shock upgrades, or just front or back?

As for my opinions on the 2016 line up. I like the new RSS colors, that "Gold Wheat" trim looks good. It is now something I'm considering

The ST-S, I'm really not impressed, especially since there's now the F3-T, and I need more a of reason beyond "RS with Footboards, and a factory installed radio kit" to buy it

The F3.... well on one hand, now I no longer have to worry about the question of "huh, do I try turning the F3-S into a pseudo-touring machine one day, or dedicated riding machine". The -S is now clearly better suited for the shorter trips, and riding for the sake of riding, and the -T for the weekend trips/vacations without having to tow it on a trailer to the location.
    Of course, they also then had to introduce all the new F3 options and parts, and I kinda like most of the "Bonneville" set up suggestion Can-Am has on their Youtube page (granted, I'd probably skip the silencer and handlebar option). And with most of the options mentioned in that video it looks nice. It also cost at around $30,000 at MSRP

The F3-T looks pretty good too. And the inclusion of saddlebags and the ability to add a trailer is something I like. So that's definitely being considered as well

And the RT. Well, I do like the RT-S Special series.
    My guess is the F3-T would fit you well. It has a new swingarm that includes an airbag and you'll be able to tow.

Base price is right at $23K

http://www.spyderlovers.com/pdf/2016F3pricing.pdf

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks - just what Jeff's F3S needs - looked in catalogue (thanks for link) and could only find Fox for rear at almost $1K. Maybe it's not in the catalogue yet or maybe I need another breakfast-coffee??

They are now saying that the F3 is optimized for a single rider about 250 lb limit. Two up on occasionally and if the rider is heavier or rides two up all the time they should go with the F3-T.
    There is a shock upgrade for the current F3 that has more load capacity at a very reasonable price, around $250 I think they said.

Spyder Garage

Thanks - just what Jeff's F3S needs - looked in catalogue (thanks for link) and could only find Fox for rear at almost $1K. Maybe it's not in the catalogue yet or maybe I need another breakfast-coffee??
    I don't see it in there either but the guy I talked to said in the next couple of weeks it would be available from your dealer.

Spyder Garage

Rider 2016 Can AM Spyder review. Click Here

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

So now you can use the GPS as MP3 player too.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Hitch and Swingarm

Am I see the pictures right? The round tubular swingarm has been dropped and they went back to a rectangle tube type so that the standard hitch would fit.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Am I see the pictures right? The round tubular swingarm has been dropped and they went back to a rectangle tube type so that the standard hitch would fit.
    Only on the T and Limited model. The hitch looks the same but it's not, different part number.

Spyder Garage

Only on the T and Limited model. The hitch looks the same but it's not, different part number.
    Got it. Not all F3 can get the hitch.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Is the red version the limited?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Is the red version the limited?

Looks like the Intense Red Pearl is both in the F3-T and F3-Limited versions.

There is a different shade (Can Am RED) on the F3-S version.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-21-2015 at 02:05 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

pics courtesy Naomi of Ledgewood Powersports - questions - the backrest (white bike) - looks like it swivels to be passenger or rider ?? The Back End (red bike) - is this one standard? looks great

Gotta say it's growing on me, look forward to seeing it some time next year

That looks really good.

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default my hybrid

OK I've decided - what I THINK I want is the SE6 F3S front-end with the F3-T back end ... somehow just don't like the rt-style console/mirrors arrangement tho I can see the benefits (glovebox etc), but really like the bags and fender arrangement of the back end. Might change my mind when they arrive in Oz next year for us to actually see them, but just thought I'd put in my tuppence-worth for BRP to make sure they make me one for 2017 Oh and with, of course, the F3T's better rear shock and trailerability... just thought I'd best finish off my "wish list"

Spyder Garage

F3T Limited Black Matte is sick! The unfortunate thing is the $29k price tag makes me sick.
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lamont, any idea on how wide the f3t is from bag to bag? Is it just me or is it a lot wider than the RT?? Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Lamont, any idea on how wide the f3t is from bag to bag? Is it just me or is it a lot wider than the RT?? Thanks
    I don't know for sure but I can tell you in person nothing looks out of place. I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm going to do to make it better

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default another qu

I've read the brochure and done a pretend-build (for the purposes I lived temporarily in Virginia ! ) and am a little confused.

Does the F3T get the usb thing in the glovebox?
    And does it get basic speakers??

I see the F3T Ltd gets fancier speakers & radio but don't need that.
    On the build it seems to add over $1K to the base F3T for fancy speakers/woofers/radio etc, so makes me think there is a basic speaker/usb unit on the plain F3T (for itunes and gps)??

Spyder Garage

I wonder what issues they will have next year

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwall View Post
    F3T Limited Black Matte is sick! The unfortunate thing is the $29k price tag makes me sick.
    It's a little less than that.

Spyder Garage

I think this a great price for what you're getting I think.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    It might just look wider, because it sits lower.
    I'll drab a measurement off my RT, and at least we'll know what the benchmark is.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Click Here for the 2016 Catalog and Videos
    Lamonster,

Does the glove box lock on the F3-T?