Spyder Garage

Default Note of Caution for BajaRon Swaybars

Just a note of caution. I ordered one of the RT BajaRon Swaybar kits from Lamonster because several forum users said it would work on the F3. When it arrived, I had second thoughts and contacted Ron at BajaRon to ask about the installations and instructions. Turns out the bar will physically fit, but it is way to stiff for the F3 and can cause problems per Ron. He does not recommend putting an RT Swaybar on the F3. If you're looking for a BajaRon Swaybar for the F3, contact Ron at fyredad@hotmail.com and order one directly from him to avoid any problems.

Chris

Spyder Garage

I believe the comment is that an OEM RT swaybar is an upgrade for the OEM F3 bar.
    Or of course the RonBar designed for the F3 is better still.

That's my opinion, I could be wrong. If I am somebody here will let me know in about 2 minutes or less.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    I believe the comment is that an OEM RT swaybar is an upgrade for the OEM F3 bar.
    Or of course the RonBar designed for the F3 is better still.

That's my opinion, I could be wrong. If I am somebody here will let me know in about 2 minutes or less.
    Thats the way I understood it too
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ca8920 View Post
    Just a note of caution. I ordered one of the RT BajaRon Swaybar kits from Lamonster because several forum users said it would work on the F3. When it arrived, I had second thoughts and contacted Ron at BajaRon to ask about the installations and instructions. Turns out the bar will physically fit, but it is way to stiff for the F3 and can cause problems per Ron. He does not recommend putting an RT Swaybar on the F3. If you're looking for a BajaRon Swaybar for the F3, contact Ron at fyredad@hotmail.com and order one directly from him to avoid any problems.

Chris
    Sorry but the problem is you ordered a RT bar for your F3, it's not listed on my site for the F3 and if you would have emailed me or called I would have told you that. Now you can use a stock take off RT bar on a F3, that's what I have on mine and I've installed about a dozen of them on F3's and they work great and will save you some money. I have no problem with you going directly to Ron for the bar but don't blame us for selling you the wrong bar when it was never listed in the F3 drop down menu for a F3.

Spyder Garage

Had Pitbull install take off RT sway bars on both of our F3. This bike sticks in the twisties compared to the stock sway bar.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default which RT bar

Might be a silly question - does it matter which year of RT take-off bar is used for the F3? eg 2013 (twin) or 2014-5 (triple) ? Thanks, info on here is always wonderful and often entertaining too...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    Might be a silly question - does it matter which year of RT take-off bar is used for the F3? eg 2013 (twin) or 2014-5 (triple) ? Thanks, info on here is always wonderful and often entertaining too...
    It has to be a 2013 or later, a 2010-2012 won't work as they went to a new style frame in 2013 and those bars work well on the F3. I would also recommend the billet links with the bar too, we don't upgrade the swaybar without adding the billet links.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Sorry but the problem is you ordered a RT bar for your F3, it's not listed on my site for the F3 and if you would have emailed me or called I would have told you that. Now you can use a stock take off RT bar on a F3, that's what I have on mine and I've installed about a dozen of them on F3's and they work great and will save you some money. I have no problem with you going directly to Ron for the bar but don't blame us for selling you the wrong bar when it was never listed in the F3 drop down menu for a F3.
    I can tell you from past experience from purchasing items from Lamonster Garage that I have had nothing but a great experience. The items purchased are of the highest quality and they look great on my 2015 RT Limited.
    I have contacted Lamont with questions and he has promptly answered them. Even living in Canada the packages have been promptly delivered.

Spyder Garage

Default Swaybar

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Ouch..... I wasn't blaming you for anything. I made the mistake of ordering the wrong Swaybar, simple as that. I ordered the wrong bar because some forum members said it would fit. I just didn't want anyone to put the wrong bar on their F3, it's a safety issue, nothing more, nothing less.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know.....

Thanks for posting that the RT and F3 bars are not the same. is a bit confusing that the RT oem bar is an upgrade for the F3. Still the best way to go is the BajaRon bar and links...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    I can tell you from past experience from purchasing items from Lamonster Garage that I have had nothing but a great experience. The items purchased are of the highest quality and they look great on my 2015 RT Limited.
    I have contacted Lamont with questions and he has promptly answered them. Even living in Canada the packages have been promptly delivered.
    Totally!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ouch..... I wasn't blaming you for anything. I made the mistake of ordering the wrong Swaybar, simple as that. I ordered the wrong bar because some forum members said it would fit. I just didn't want anyone to put the wrong bar on their F3, it's a safety issue, nothing more, nothing less.

Chris
    Chris,
    Thanks for stepping up, and admitting what happened... It might just help someone else!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Chris
    I just had my dealer replace my OEM F3S sway bar for a 14RT bar purchased from a forum member. Substantial improvement in the curves with no "diving". QUESTION: Just what long term problem should I expect according to Baja Ron because "it is way too stiff" ??? Seems his sway bar is a larger diameter than the RT sway Bar from his pictures. Don't know. Just curious.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Chris,
    Thanks for stepping up, and admitting what happened... It might just help someone else!
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blickdave View Post
    I just had my dealer replace my OEM F3S sway bar for a 14RT bar purchased from a forum member. Substantial improvement in the curves with no "diving". QUESTION: Just what long term problem should I expect according to Baja Ron because "it is way too stiff" ??? Seems his sway bar is a larger diameter than the RT sway Bar from his pictures. Don't know. Just curious.
    Wow! A little bit of confusion goes a long way. It's not really anyone's fault. Everyone is trying to help. What happens is a person will have 1 part of the jig-saw puzzle but think they have the whole picture. It isn't until you have all the puzzle pieces assembled correctly that you get the true picture. It never hurts to ask if you are not sure. And that is precisely what Chris did. And I am glad he did. Regardless of where you get your sway bar kit. It is important that you get the correct one for your application. The BajaRon Custom Sway Bar kits are Spyder model and year specific.

It is very important to differentiate between the OEM (Stock) BRP sway bars and my BajaRon Custom Sway bar kits. They are not the same thing.

The OEM 2013-2015 RT sway bar fits and works well on the F3. It is not too stiff.

My F3 sway bar is actually stiffer than the 2013-2015 OEM RT bar.

When Chris called me I had no idea where he got the bar. I assumed he purchased it from me. I later discovered that he purchased it from Lamonster's Garage. But the place of purchase really doesn't matter. Chris readily admits that he selected the bar clearly listed for the 2013-2015 RT. He did not realize that the information he'd seen about putting the RT bar on an F3 dealt with the OEM (Stock) RT sway bar, not the BajaRon RT bar.

The real message here is that the correct sway bar installed on the Spyder model it is designed for will give you better handling, easier steering and better control. But you can have too much of a good thing. A too stiff sway bar is not good.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 09-18-2015 at 04:41 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Ron for adding the puzzle piece that was missing ( Chris ordered a Baja Ron RT bar from Lamonster for an F3). Can I rest easy that the stock RT bar I put on my F3 is better than the stock F3 bar and will work fine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blickdave View Post
    Thanks Ron for adding the puzzle piece that was missing ( Chris ordered a Baja Ron RT bar from Lamonster for an F3). Can I rest easy that the stock RT bar I put on my F3 is better than the stock F3 bar and will work fine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, the stock RT bar is better than the stock F3 bar and works fine. You are good to go!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...