Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Yep! I have the Blue Ridge with a MRA Sport Xcreen and it works well....I like the adjustability.

I also very much like these screens and the main reason is the 18 colours available (I can see Flamingo Babe with a pink one!!)

The price is also very good. WOW!!! 18 Colours!!

Spyder Garage

Ordered a 19" high windshield today. Chose the wide version untinted. Was told it would be ready tomorrow or Friday at the latest. Hopefully I'll have it by Monday. I too believe the shape of the Blue Ridge is the best looking of the available models. That's really why I went this route. Along with I can use the original mounting hardware.

Spyder Garage

Default Windshield

Quote Originally Posted by stebrock View Post
    Ordered a 19" high windshield today. Chose the wide version untinted. Was told it would be ready tomorrow or Friday at the latest. Hopefully I'll have it by Monday. I too believe the shape of the Blue Ridge is the best looking of the available models. That's really why I went this route. Along with I can use the original mounting hardware.
    Please let us know how you like it when you get it. I'm seriously considering one.

Spyder Garage

Any update? Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

heres the 17" tall version, i still need a taller one , im selling it for $250 free shipping if anyone wants it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ultimojustin View Post
    heres the 17" tall version, i still need a taller one , im selling it for $250 free shipping if anyone wants it
    How tall are you? Trying to get a reference point.
    2015 Spyder F3
    Stripe kit, windshield, backrest, u-fit #4

Spyder Garage

I am 6 feet tall but i am a picky guy who likes virtually no wind hitting me when im out touring.

Spyder Garage

Ordering is like buying a "pig in a poke". I wanted one 19" from the bottom of instrument cluster as shown in an earlier post. At 5'-11" this would put it just below my eyes. The one I received is way too tall (by about 2-1/2"). Not sure how this happened because as pictured the 17" is 17" above this same reference point. Soooo I'm sending it back and they are going to reshape it to my height mark.
    I did install the mounting brackets while I had it and did test drive it. It works great. You will need a person sitting on the F3 holding it in place. I recommend marking and then drilling the 2 holes for the pivoting nose piece. Then bring it back to the F3 and install it at this connection point (these are the hardest holes to align). Now lay it back against the mounting brackets which you have already attached the F3. Mark the holes for these brackets and it should fit fine. I used a soldering iron to mark the holes and used the drill bit sold by Gustufssons/Bikescreens.
    Rick

I'll update when I get my re-sized one back.

Spyder Garage

Default 19" Windshield

Well, I couldn't wait. I'm right around 6'2", so I ordered the 19" model. It's almost too tall. Now that it's mounted, I look just over the top of the windshield as I ride. I really like the wind protection and the large size of the windshield, it's very very nice. Mounting was a snap, I simply held the windshield while my wife marked the holes. I worked for a plastics place way back when, so drilling the holes was easy. I simply used the same technique you use when drilling metals, drill a small hole first then slowly increase the size of the bit and the size of the hole. Piece of cake.

Last edited by ca8920; 10-16-2015 at 08:38 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Mounting brackets/hardware?

I'm confused - when you order one of these does it come with mounting hardware or are you using them from some other shield like the blue ridge?

Spyder Garage

it requires you to already have the Blue Ridge hardware....unless you want to make your own you also need to drill your own holes.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=ultimojustin;1050008]it requires you to already have the Blue Ridge hardware....unless you want to make your own you also need to drill your own holes.[/QUOT

I like this shield but not liking the idea you have to drill your own holes, to much room for error. Not sure why it does not come pre drilled. To much hassle for me, this option is out. Will stick with BR with x-creen.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Tazzel;1050010]
    it requires you to already have the Blue Ridge hardware....unless you want to make your own you also need to drill your own holes.[/QUOT

I like this shield but not liking the idea you have to drill your own holes, to much room for error. Not sure why it does not come pre drilled. To much hassle for me, this option is out. Will stick with BR with x-creen.
    I like the BR with the X-creen Tour because I can adjust it to where I see 2-3" over the screen but the air flows about an inch Over the top of my helmet!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

[QUOTE=Tazzel;1050010]
    it requires you to already have the Blue Ridge hardware....unless you want to make your own you also need to drill your own holes.[/QUOT

Hi Tazzel....I'm thinking that as the new screen is just a taller version of the BR you could remove the BR first and (carefully) use that as a template using the base of
    the BR as a reference point. Lay the BR onto the new screen, take care lining it up and mark the drilling positions with a Sharpie, then offer the new screen up and see how it looks. Just a thought.

Spyder Garage

Not sure about the taller version of the BR but the wider version is not the same shape as the original BR. You can't just place the 2 back to back. In hindsight it would have been better to insure this was the case for easier mounting/hole drilling. I ordered the drill bit with the windshield (about $6) and drilling was no problem. It's a 1/4" bit and easily cuts through the shield.
    Just received my modified (shortened)windshield back from Gustafssons today. I'll post pics tomorrow.
    Rick

Very Active Member GaryTheBadger's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Rick, how did the modified screen work out for you? Also, I am 5'10" and want no wind noise, how tall a screen should I order?
    Enjoying now: 2015 Spyder F3 SE6, 1970 Indian MM-5A, 1972 Suzuki RV90J Rover, 2017 Indian Chieftain (wife's)
    Wish-I-had-kept-them: 2008 Spyder GS SE-5, 1967 Shelby GT500 w/Paxton supercharger, 1972 DeTomaso Pantera, 1991, 1992 & 2001 Acura NSX's, 2012 V-Star 950 Tourer, various 2-, 3- and 4-wheelers
    2015 F3 SE6 , White - The fastest color!

Spyder Garage

I like the looks, price, and using exisitng hardware. Put me on the buyers list when things are finalized.
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Default GUSTAFSSON

I INSTALLED THE GUSTAFSSON 19" LITE GRAY TINT WINDSHIELD THIS WEEKEND.....
    I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH GOOD ABOUT IT.... CUTS THE WIND & NOISE BY 90%.... UTILIZES THE OEM 'BLUE RIDGE' MOUNTING SYSTEM.....

DAN P
    SPYD3R F3-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GaryTheBadger View Post
    Rick, how did the modified screen work out for you? Also, I am 5'10" and want no wind noise, how tall a screen should I order?
    Cosmetically you can't tell they cut it. Looks good. I'm 5'-11" and look just above the shield. My advice is to sit on the F3 and determine how "tall" you want it by using a tape measure. Have someone lay a tape measure on the nose of the BR and extend it to determine the total length of the new shield to give you the actual height you want. I tried ordering mine by telling them the height and it didn't work for me. By giving them the total length you can't go wrong. Mine is 27-1/2" long which is about 19" tall (depends on where you measure from). Again it takes two people to install. One sitting on F3 holding the shield. I would mark,dril, and attach to nose connector first. Install on F3 and mark the other 4 holes with it resting on the BR brackets.
    Rick
    20151023_150940.jpg

Oh yeah no wind buffeting. The wind stream is outside of my shoulders and is above my head (although my hair feels it. Maybe some back draft.).
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]118525[/ATTAC

20151023_150954.jpg
    Last edited by stebrock; 10-24-2015 at 08:27 PM.

Spyder Garage

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Little different..

Amber color wind screen...
    Not road tested yet, not difficult to drill and mount..
    Always try to be a little different...
    Orange color is growing on me.
    😜

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kkcdcdc View Post
    Amber color wind screen...
    Not road tested yet, not difficult to drill and mount..
    Always try to be a little different...
    Orange color is growing on me.
    😜
    What size did you get?

Spyder Garage

At 5'10" the 17" model works for me. Blocks a lot but not all of the wind.Had looked at the Madstad and F4 but really love the stock look of this model.

CJ JAX

Very Active Member GaryTheBadger's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I installed the 17 inch Gustaffson windshield and it's too short for my needs. I am 5'10", and wear a full-face helmet and 33db ear plugs. I have hearing loss, tinnitus and hyperacusis and
    need to eliminate as much wind noise as possible. The 17 inch did eliminate some, but not all, of the hurricane in my helmet. If I crouch down a couple of inches behind the 17 inch, all noise goes away.
    Now I know why they offer the 20 inch version.

So, the 17 inch may go up for sale so I can try the 20 inch. The quality of the windshield is fine, having it mount to the BRP brackets and look OEM is great, and the installation is not difficult, especially if you have a helper.
    Enjoying now: 2015 Spyder F3 SE6, 1970 Indian MM-5A, 1972 Suzuki RV90J Rover, 2017 Indian Chieftain (wife's)
    Wish-I-had-kept-them: 2008 Spyder GS SE-5, 1967 Shelby GT500 w/Paxton supercharger, 1972 DeTomaso Pantera, 1991, 1992 & 2001 Acura NSX's, 2012 V-Star 950 Tourer, various 2-, 3- and 4-wheelers
    2015 F3 SE6 , White - The fastest color!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GaryTheBadger View Post
    I installed the 17 inch Gustaffson windshield and it's too short for my needs. I am 5'10", and wear a full-face helmet and 33db ear plugs. I have hearing loss, tinnitus and hyperacusis and
    need to eliminate as much wind noise as possible. The 17 inch did eliminate some, but not all, of the hurricane in my helmet. If I crouch down a couple of inches behind the 17 inch, all noise goes away.
    Now I know why they offer the 20 inch version.

So, the 17 inch may go up for sale so I can try the 20 inch. The quality of the windshield is fine, having it mount to the BRP brackets and look OEM is great, and the installation is not difficult, especially if you have a helper.

How much taller is the 17 inch to the BR shield?