Spyder Garage

Default '11 RT 622 trailer in Pearl White

THIS ITEM IS SOLD

Now that my wife has sold her Spyder and trailer I plan to keep my RT for just local travel and day trips. Based on that there is no reason for me to keep my Trailer. It is a 2011 model that I bought to match my '11 RT Timeless Black. When I got my '12 RT in Pearl White I had the trailer disassembled and painted to match the Spyder. It is a bit different from a stock pearl white RT 622 because I did not remove the mylar stone guard when we repainted it. I just had it masked off and left that area all black. (I think it looks better that way).

It has about 7,000 miles on it and the bearings have been serviced every year. It has the hitch stand but I removed the spring loaded clips and replaced them with a standard snap clip that is easier on the fingers.

It has a couple of small stone chips and one noticeable blemish on the right rear fender. A guy scraped me with his bumper and I sanded the area down, sprayed it with some of the mixed Pearl White from the respray, wet sanded and clear coated it. It is a tiny bit duller than the rest of the trailer but I bet you can't notice it. (see photo of right rear).

The electrical plug is the round pin type that fits 2010-2012 Spyders. It came loose on a trip and dragged on the road causing some damage to the plug. I did not replace it since it still plugs in fine but needs a wrap of duct tape to secure it in place. I thought that was cheaper and easier than replacing the wiring because the plug is not sold separately by BRP and there is no vendor ID on it.

If you want to replace the entire wire the dealer cost is $209 and if you want to wire it to a 2013 or newer model, you would have to replace the wire and plug anyway.

The trailer can be picked up at my home in suburban Atlanta (35 miles on the east side).

Used 622's are going for about $2000-2,500 but I am looking for just $1,500 as a SpyderLover Special.

Email me at rick.rae@raemedia.net
    Last edited by Pennyrick; 03-17-2016 at 11:04 AM.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question: Would you be willing to include the BRP hitch also?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Nice !!

good looking trailer.. As fast as your other sale went ... this will be gone before Bob gets an answer good luck
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't say that...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There is a couple of ways to fix the plug..They sell the plugs on ebay and can be replaced or change out the wire harness..The plug is under the trailer and is easy to get to the 4pin deutsch connector.. Its a 4 wire system..

Man I would be all over that trailer for that price if I didn't have one already..

Yeah those hitch stand buttons to release are a PIA..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Question: Would you be willing to include the BRP hitch also?
    Bob: I had not planned to sell the hitch for a very stupid reason.

Our cement lane runs 450 feet off of the main road and the last 200 feet is uphill. When I put the garbage cans out to the road each week, it kills me to pull the wheeled can, supplied by the waste company up that damn hill. What I have done for the past year or so is just slide the handle over the trailer ball on the RT and drive the can out to the road... I bring it back the same way.

It's worth keeping the hitch on the Spyder just for that convenience.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Default Email sent

Rick,
    I sent you an email with my info.

Doug

2015 Spyder RT-S
    2008 Honda Goldwing
    2004 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Bob: I had not planned to sell the hitch for a very stupid reason.

Our cement lane runs 450 feet off of the main road and the last 200 feet is uphill. When I put the garbage cans out to the road each week, it kills me to pull the wheeled can, supplied by the waste company up that damn hill. What I have done for the past year or so is just slide the handle over the trailer ball on the RT and drive the can out to the road... I bring it back the same way.

It's worth keeping the hitch on the Spyder just for that convenience.
    That's a good reason... I was just trying to do you a favor, by getting that unwanted hitch out of your way...

Spyder Garage

Default SOLD

This one has been spoken for.

Spyder Garage

Default CRAP

Crap, I was just getting ready to PM him and offer him $35,962.00 for it. Oh well, will have to keep looking.

Spyder Garage

hhmmmmm