Spyder Garage

Default Aftermarket Seat Review

There’s many threads talking about seats, etc. Well, I’ve earned my stripes and will give you a quick review.

In 2014 I rode 4,500 miles round-trip from Texas to Lake George, NY for SpyderQuest. I did this trip on a stock seat on a ’13 STS. I did add an Airhawk cushion as I knew the seat wasn’t that comfortable from riding around town, etc. So, bottom line, I could do about 400-500 miles per day with the Airhawk before I just couldn’t do it anymore. Without the Airhawk, I would have turned around after the first day.

Now, in 2015, I did the same trip from Texas to NY. This time it was about 5,000 miles. Again, I had my ’13 STS, but this year I had a Russell Day-Long seat custom made for me. I sent them a ton of dimensions, weights, seating position and pictures. I have to tell you… I was doing 750 miles per day and I could have gone well over 1,000. That seat was night and day to the stock seat. Now, I will tell you it takes a couple of months to break it in to get just right, but man when it does, you will not look back.

I know there’s a lot of different seats... Day-Long, Corbin, Ultimate, etc. The reason I went with Day-Long was because it was a true custom… built specifically to your dimensions and what a difference!!

If you’re in the market, and you know me, it’s got my recommendation all day long (haha – did you catch that!!)

https://www.day-long.com/
    SmoothSpyder Backrest | Removed 'CanAm' graphics | ThermoTech II Wrapped Exhaust | 2014 Vented Side Panels | BajaRon Sway Bar | BajaRon Heim Links | Bump Skid (via SpyderQuest & SpyderPops) | Rivco drink bracket, reversed, with X-Grip for phone holder | BRP Ultra Touring Windshield | Givi Hard Saddlebags | Russell Day-Long Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've never heard a bad word about Day Long seats.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They are very comfortable well made seats for sure. However, personally I struggle with how they look with the maxi pad wings.
    ....Yea I know, comfort is more important......but....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default CUSTOM SEAT

I'm glad I don't have any problem with my 2013 stock rt-s seat, have done over 600 mi. In a day and didn't bother me at all..
    2013 Viper Red RT S-SE5 All 48 states on a Gold Wing now I'm working on getting all on a

Spyder Garage

Good review for the Russell Day Long seat. Thank's for the post.

Also agree--never seen anything bad about them.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red