Spyder Garage

Default Engine light on and in Limp Mode Again

Took my 2015 rts to the dealer cause goes into limp mode and engine light is always on, they said BRP told them to take the memory out of compute and start over. Got it back and left it sit in driveway in sun for 2 hours and back in limp mode.

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting..!!

have heard this before. Have you tried covering the spyder to see if it is a heat on the instruments..?? Does it clear when you park in the shade/garage..?? Do you remove the key and let the computer reset..?? I remember one that it all cleared once he got rolling in the wind. Should not happen you could narrow it down...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bert715 View Post
    ...take the memory out of compute and start over.
    Pretty sure these computers don't have removable memory. Is that exactly what the dealer said or are you paraphrasing it? If that's exactly what the dealer said, I don't have much faith that the dealer know what they're doing.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Default Limp Mode Concurrent with Low Fuel

For my 2014 RTS, the low fuel light came on about 10 miles from my local station. During the last 2 miles, the check engine light came on, followed by Limp Home. I filled up and no problems since.

I added 5.6 gallons which suggests I still had over a gallon with 6.9 gallons capacity. This was in the early morning, temps about 70.

The low fuel light appeared last Thursday, no check engine or limp mode, and I needed 5.7 gallons.

Don't have any idea what caused the check engine light, and I believe the manual on page 145 tells me to remove the key and wait 20 seconds.Then with a flashing check engine and in limp mode I'm to have the vehicle transported to a Can-Am roadster dealer.

Kind of concerning to me.
    2019 Black F3-T