Thread: Why we like Ys

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Why we like Ys

Ok...not a Spyder, but Spyder-like. Costs twice as much, but is it twice as much fun? You get to lean like a single-tracker, but you don't get to feel the high-G sensation of a parallel-tracker when flatassing through the turns. Check out the videos. Would you buy one if it costs the same as a Spyder? I would, but for the same reasons I have more than one bike in my garage....and not instead of. I still like the Spyder for what it is....and this would be a cool diversion.

http://www.brudelitech.com/product.htm
    Last edited by dogtired; 01-20-2009 at 03:19 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

57 views and no comments good or bad? Hmmm. I would think this is a direction BRP could go for those who want a more spirited ride in the Y-config type rigs. Are there no riders here who want to ride like this?

BTW...I'm not a spokeman for the leanster and I don't mean to come across like one...I've never even seen one in person. I'm just a motorsport enthusiast who likes different things in the motorsport world and I thought this design is a great variation of the Y-type configuration. I am curious what the Spyder enthusiasts think. I'm going to guess that 57 of you don't think much of anything about the leanster
    Last edited by dogtired; 01-20-2009 at 11:40 AM.

Spyder Garage

It's kinda old news around here. I like it and would love to have one.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    The glass is half full.
    Mike Murphy
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

I'd love to give it a test ride. It's kinda squirrely looking. Of course I said both of those things about the Piaggio MP3.
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dogtired View Post
    57 views and no comments good or bad? Hmmm. I would think this is a direction BRP could go for those who want a more spirited ride in the Y-config type rigs. Are there no riders here who want to ride like this?

BTW...I'm not a spokeman for the leanster and I don't mean to come across like one...I've never even seen one in person. I'm just a motorsport enthusiast who likes different things in the motorsport world and I thought this design is a great variation of the Y-type configuration. I am curious what the Spyder enthusiasts think. I'm going to guess that 57 of you don't think much of anything about the leanster
    There was a thread about the Leanster back in September '08. It generated some chatter at that time:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...light=leanster

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mike3069 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Director View Post
    There was a thread about the Leanster back in September '08. It generated some chatter at that time:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...light=leanster

Bruce

Yep. This bike has been talked about in at least one or two other threads on here in the past, along with the Harley leaning trike design and a few others. Its still nice that you brought it up so anyone who missed it back then gets to see it.

Spyder Garage

It is a cool concept - I would love to try riding one -- my concern is how the lean angle would consistantly meet the angle you want/need - how would you adjust for weight diffences to keep angle in line etc? I may be overthinking this but....I would hate to be making a gentle turn at a 45 degree angle

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Donzo View Post
    It is a cool concept - I would love to try riding one -- my concern is how the lean angle would consistantly meet the angle you want/need - how would you adjust for weight diffences to keep angle in line etc? I may be overthinking this but....I would hate to be making a gentle turn at a 45 degree angle
    My guess is that you just ride it like any two-wheeler. It should find its own angle. I had the same questions in my mind about the Piaggio, but once I got on it and got moving, it rode just like any bike. Biggest difference was more stability in low speed turns.
    -Scotty

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I love my spyder, thank you very much.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My apologies to all....I shoulda' used the search feature . That's what I get for being a noobie late for dinner....I miss out on all of the good conversations at the big table

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

That
    cost twice as much as a Spyder?

Interesting, just not my cup of tea.

Mike

Spyder Garage

You only need 5 or 6 still pictures to get the idea, not a few dozen as in the link.

On the other hand, a few minutes of some good riding video would go a long way towards making a decision.

Was it an accident that they got it backwards?

I would like to see it over a jump, over rough terrain and climbing hills. You'd think they would have wanted to show more video in varied conditions.

Looks heavy and limited. But I'd like to try it.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I thought one of the other posts on this machine had a handful of videos or a link to videos. Some of them showed it running around an ice track I think.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The Brudeli website has a few vids on the leanster. Impressive.