Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Need to post an update. Things are progressing well. Kevin and his crew in the service department have been great to deal with. Very apologetic for the situation and rose to the task of getting the new bike ready for the trip. Good bit of work in a short time and the new bike is in fine shape.

BRP by way of Kevin, let me know they had reached a decision on assistance with the deal and we are very pleased with what they have offered and it works well with the situation Mancuso sales department put us in.

We are on the road to Colorado today and will deal with the 2013 repairs and the rest of Louise farkels that she decides she would like moved over when we get back.

Thanks to Kevin and his team, and thanks to BRP for making a very reasonable first offer of assistance that we could settle on before leaving town.

Lets go ride! I feel a smile coming on.
    Have always liked Kevin from the first day i meet him never let me down now go & enjoy your trip release some of this STRESS
    Last edited by springcrawler; 09-18-2015 at 06:23 AM.
    2018 f3t , red

Spyder Garage

Just thought I would post an update on this long running and not yet over saga.

Good news is that Louise 2015 RT is doing great. The trip to Colorado was wonderful as was our weekend with the Hill Country Spyder Ride. BRP was helpful and assisted with the costs of setting up the new 2015 for Louise.

The down side is we still own the 2013 as Mancuso told us 'We don't want your piece of $#!t" and refused any reasonable trade in allowance.

The 2013 is still dead. Kevin in the service dept is still helpful as ever and is genuinely trying to get this resolved but its dragging out. At this point the right hand control module on the right handlebar with the throttle actuator has been replaced as as the ECM and most every connector on the harness dealing with this circuit has been probed for testing. Now awaiting authorization from BRP for a full wiring harness replacement. This one it taking time as its VERY expensive to do. Eventually this will get repaired and verified done right and we will put the bike up for sale with full BRP warranty. Someone will get a good deal. Someday. So the bike has been out of service since the recall was done in July and still not fixed. I kinda wish BRP would just make me some lowball offer to buy it back and end this.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This bike appears to have suffered a serious case of snakebite...
    I hope that they can find the fix, and get it back to you soon!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    This bike appears to have suffered a serious case of snakebite...
    I hope that they can find the fix, and get it back to you soon!
    I need to be careful how I say this but the bike never so much as hiccuped in 8000 miles before the recall. Yes it was warm and spewed fuel vapors but it ran great. Something went wrong during the recall. It has only moved about 150 miles under its own power since the recall and left Louise stranded twice and Kevin the service manager stranded twice.

Given all the parts replaced and troubleshooting done, I do believe the wiring harness replacement will solve it. And it will be a great bike for someone. IF its fixed it will be obvious. It has not been one of those difficult to find problems that disappears when you look for it. Its just very unfortunate what its cost us and how this went down. But we ARE ready to put it behind us. We don't need 3 bikes and Louise loves her 2015 so no going back.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black