Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Sound off if you got home safe from SpyderQuest

Thanks To ALL of the SpyderQuest staff.
    Thank you Lamont for providing this forum.
    During Farkle Bingo, I even managed to end my perfect losing streak

Home Safe and Sound.

Another great time with great people.
    I left heading south about 7:30 am and was caught in some drizzle for about 45 minutes.
    After that it was clear driving, no rain, and even sunny when I finally got home.

Yes, I've fought it for nearly a year, but I've changed my opinion on the RonBar.
    The 2014 RTS has an excellent OEM suspension, but adding the RonBar makes a good machine better.
    Thanks to Derrick Netzley for fitting me in at the last moment in the dead of night while it was raining.
    Is that a flip-flop ?
    Does this make me eligible for high public office ?
    As always, my free advice comes with a double your money back guarantee.

Here are some photos. I'm having trouble posting them in order, so they may appear random.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=4016

If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

My first Spyder event, what a great time! I had to get home on Friday and that happened without incident. I'll plan ahead for next year and see if I can gather up a few local spyders to join in. Working on a YouTube vid, I'll see if I can post it up tomorrow.

Pat
    Last edited by TEWKS; 09-13-2015 at 06:44 PM.

Spyder Garage

home safe and sound!!! chuck and carol bergeron

Spyder Garage

Cindy, Bill, and Jon from the Web Boards team are home safe and getting ready to go back to our day jobs tomorrow. We had a wonderful time and can't thank everyone enough for your support and friendship! Off to Spyders in the Smokies next month for one more event this year...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Zach and I back safe and sound. Blessed with much better weather then forecasted. Ready to come back... Spyderquest fall edition anyone?!
    Be safe.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dmfahie View Post
    Zach and I back safe and sound. Blessed with much better weather then forecasted. Ready to come back... Spyderquest fall edition anyone?!
    funny! don't you mean spring edition or summer edition? still not funny!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    funny! don't you mean spring edition or summer edition? still not funny!!!
    I'm good with one each season.... we better get to work... fall starts soon!
    Be safe.

Spyder Garage

Smile

Louie and Meg made it home safely and had a wonderful time meeting and talking to all of you, thanks SpyderQuest staff!

Started out with light rain and wore the rain gear. At 160 miles out stowed the gear and ran into showers in NJ around the 250 mile mark. Did not bother to use the gear and surprisingly did not get soaked! We did find out the Spyder can slide with all three wheels when the rain first starts, nanny never kicked in, but my turning into the skid sure did! Always thought just the rear would slide, but not all three! It felt like the Spyder was on ice. After the roads were soaked we were able to do 65 again.

Hope to see you all next year.
    2015 RTL , Red

Spyder Garage

Home safe and sound, maybe a little damp at the start but finished in the sun.

Thank you to the many people who worked so hard to make Spyderquest 2015 the BEST event anywhere! Thank you to all the sponsors and vendors. With out you this event wouldn't be an event. I was able to find a few coins but the quality vendors managed to M T Pockets once again. Special thanks to the folks that run this site this site for bringing us closer together.

Gary & Pat

Spyder Garage

Really sorry that we missed out this year. We had so much fun last year, meeting folks in person, going on the rides, getting in the hot tub (and the clown car) and so much other fun stuff, even riding in the rain. It has been a tough time for Val the last 5 months, but she is bouncing back pretty good. We'll be ready for next year!! And Steve, thanks for the pics! I'll show them to Val, she'll get a kick out of them.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Steve, thanks for the pictures, do wish I had more time to chat with folks during the event. Started out in light rain on the way home today, but the time I got to Albany, blue skies and sunny. Pretty much crashed when I got home, trying to catch up on sleep. To old to be doing 4 hour sleep nights. Hope all had a blast, I know I did.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

Mike and Lisa here, we arrived home safe and sound with John and Donna at 5:30 after a very nice 250 miles ride under changeable skies with an hour of rain in southern NJ complete with a vivid rainbow to welcome us home. We made some new friends, and enjoyed long rides under the watchful eyes of the SpyderQuest Road Captains. I even won a new rear tire at Farkle Bingo! This was the best SpyderQuest yet, and we're already looking forward to next year. Thanks to everyone who s hard work made this possible.
    2014 RTS , Spyderpops oversized brake pedal Cognac

Spyder Garage

Home safe and sound. Looking forward to next year.

2016 F3 Limited Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Default Home, safe but wet...

We left Saturday from Gore Mt for our 5 hour trip (had to be home for Sunday). Started out with very cloudy skies. Rained all the way from Speculator to Rochester. We are new riders this summer and I suppose we had to experience this at some point. The back routes only added a little extra time, but were well worth the safety factor. Just an overall miserable ride after a fantastic few days at Lake George.

Cheap rain pants (Coleman) kept our bottoms relatively dry and the jackets performed extremely well (Tourmaster and Fulmer). LOVED the hand/grip warmers. Our gloves are not waterproof so the warmers were a big deal for us. We stayed off the thruway to avoid road spray and higher speeds. We will treat ourselves to some quality rain gear over the winter break for our longer touring trips. Having gear with specific purpose would have made our trip a little less miserable.

Thanks to ALL for a fantastic time. Special thanks to LAMONSTER for supporting the event and creating this web site (the only way we would have known about SpyderQuest). Without all of the advice and support from you and the many subscribers, our experience as first time riders and Spyder owners would not have gone as smoothly as it did. With only a few months and few thousand miles, we feel a bit more experienced now. However, we are still humble enough to admit we have lots more to experience. So THANK YOU LAMONSTER for all you do for us!!
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Limited - Lava Bronze
    - Baja Ron Sway Bar - SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner - Air Modification Kit - Motorcycle Dave's gel seat inserts
    - Rivco Floorboards - Show Chrome Trunk Rack - Bad Boy Wolo Air Horn
    - FZ-1 Fuzeblock - Hopnel Lid Nets - Monster Graphics

Spyder Garage

Lloyd & Kitty made it home safe, sound and dry. Will be back next year. Had a great time.
    Thanks Lamont for being a sponsor but I didn't see you there.

Spyder Garage

Default Home safe

Lynda & Silvano made it home soaked but safe.

We were able to keep dry and one step ahead of the rain or behind it all the way home, except 5 minutes from home where we got hit by a downpour, actually felt like the heavens opened up and decided to drop on us what we got away from in the last 5 hours.

Kids where happy to see us, but more excited with the new seat, windshield and new rear tire.

It was nice seeing all our Spyder friends again and make new ones.
    We are planning on attending next year, hope to see you there.

Hope our friends stuck at GEL waiting for their Spyder to be repaired at Progressive make it home safe and soon. At least they should have a dry ride back to Montreal.

Again, a big thank you to the SpyderQuest 2015 organizers, you guys rock....

Spyder Garage

I just got home about 1:30 this afternoon. It was cold and rainy yesterday. While pumping gas at a service center on the NY thruway, my trailer was struck by a motorist pulling out after having just gassed up. He said he didn't see my trailer as he was pretty high up in his F150 cab and I did pull in after he was already there. There doesn't seem to be much damage visible... not sure about the holes where it's bolted to the frame. I'll have it looked at later this week. We exchanged information and the good thing is the driver was driving a company truck.

Today... was a beautiful sunny, cool, day. A great day for traveling.

This was my first SpyderQuest. I met new people and that was nice. I would also like to see more vendors. I understand that SpyderQuest is all about the riding, but, I did want to spend my money.

On a side note, Norman and I went to a four star rated (Yelp) BBQ joint Friday night and it turned out to be a Hell's Angels owned biker bar. So say the police and the fact there were two posters for Hell's Angels sponsored motorcycle rides hanging in the bathroom and on our table. As we left, the bartender knocked a drunk to the ground. The drunk's head hit the concrete sidewalk and it sounded like a sack of potatoes hitting the ground (thud). He lost consciousness and a rather large pool of blood formed at his head and drained towards the gutter. As I knelt down next to him and called 911 for an ambulance, he regained consciousness, opened his eyes and in a drunken slur said... Don't take my picture! Ha!

Both the medics and the police were called and off to the hospital he went.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default made it home safe

had a wonderful time meet a lot really nice people at the event, Can not say enough nice things about the vendors and the staff, A great Friday night was had by all good food and entertainment. Can not wait till next year
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by J48cruiser; 09-14-2015 at 04:29 PM.
    BAJARON SWAY BAR PLUS LINKS
    BAJARON SPACER
    ULTIMATE SEAT WITH GAS DOOR
    JT SHELF BAR
    SPYDERFLAP
    BUMPSKID
    XM RADIO
    POWER OUTLET
    LAMONSTER CUP HOLDER
    2015 RT LIMITED
    PIN STRIPPING BY MACK THE KNIFE
    RIVCO FLAG HOLDER
    SENA SM10 BLUE TOOTH
    LAMONSTER FBB HIGHWAY BRACKET WING BOARD BLK
    BPR TRAILER HITCH
    KRADELLOCK FOR THE GPS
    BIG BRAKE PEDAL BY TRICLED

Spyder Garage

I got home safe and sound.

I left GEL @ 10:00, got home @ 1:45, made a gas stop, food stop. Rained @ GEL until Rutland, VT ( Route 4 East) sun came out, took rain gear off, got up to ( near route 100 North) put rain gear back on, until all the way home. Saw a Red RT( 2up) with trailer headed on Route 4 east. We both waved. Looking forward to next years SQ( will be my 4th year)Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Alice Terri and Chris got home safe and sound Sunday at 1:30. All of Spyderquest was great.
    rides people vendors. What time next year?
    Christine

Spyder Garage

We also made it home after a stop in Rome, NY for Connor's Pop Warner football game. Already started making my list of things that worked, and things that didn't. The planning for next year's rides has begun.

Just sayin'............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Enjoyed our first Spyder Quest. Spent time with friends and made some new ones. Reminder to budget for some new accessorys for our RT. got some good ideas. By looking at the different Spyders.
    Thanks to the NY SpyderQuest committee, lots of extra hours of planning to make a few hundred people happy you did a great job. We will be back next year a hopefully bring a few more new Spyder Ryder's with us.

Rob & Diane Kelm

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Home safe and sound. Had a wonderful time, enjoyed all of our rides (and my new BajaRon bar & links, laser alignment,and back off light), and enjoyed the great company of some old and new friends. Thank you for all of your hard work in making Spyderquest the success that it was. Also, thanks Lamont for being a sponsor...was hoping to see you and Joan. Jill & Mark. Saxonburg, PA

Spyder Garage

Sharon and I made it home safe and sound. We were in the truck however. Really had a nice time and will probably return next year depending on our work schedule.
    Smooth sailing all the way Sunday until we got about 250 yards from our driveway and a tree was blocking the road right after a sharp hairpin turn and I had our 35 foot trailer behind me. That turned into a 250 yard jog for the chainsaw.

~~
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets