Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default What's the suggestion for Adding Cruise Control to an F3?

Just brought home my F3 and it doesn't have cruise control. Hubby's identical F3 model does have cruise so I don't know what happened. Guess he lucked out from what I understand.
    Anyway, what's the suggestion for adding cruise control on? I've got the dealer working on finding out if we can order the parts to add it on and I'm looking at throttle locks.
    What's everyone else out here using? Thanks!!

Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Any chance your hubby has an F3S, apparently only the S has cruise.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KatLen0405 View Post
    Just brought home my F3 and it doesn't have cruise control. Hubby's identical F3 model does have cruise so I don't know what happened. Guess he lucked out from what I understand.
    Anyway, what's the suggestion for adding cruise control on? I've got the dealer working on finding out if we can order the parts to add it on and I'm looking at throttle locks.
    What's everyone else out here using? Thanks!!

Hi, did get the real cruise control on my ST. You have to buy the black box on the right handle, and it takes one hour to the brp dealer to install it. The cruise is $500 CDN ....

Hope this helps

Richard

Spyder Garage

as previously stated, have your dealer order you an new right hand handle bar module; take the old one off, replace with the new one, plug in the wiring harness and button it back up. two hour max. job start to finish with hand tools you already have for doing routine maintenance. lot cheaper than going up a model for cruise control
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Switch keys with the hubby - the fastest way for you to get cruise control on YOUR Spyder! :-)

BTW, hello from a native Region Rat! Grew up in Merrillville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Carl

2017 Can Am F3-L (current ryde)
    2015 Can Am F3-S (previous ryde)
    2012 BMW K1600 (previous ride)
    2016 Can Am F3-T (wife's)

Spyder Garage

Default Cruise Control

Here is the part number you need: 710004146, cost me just a tad over $200 from the dealer, 2 1/2 hours worth of time, and some assistance from my lovely wife, and we now have cruise!!!!
    2015 F3 , OEM None Black

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you all so much

Thank you all for taking the time to let me know this is not a big problem!!! I had told my hubby that I wondered if the wires for the cruise were in the set already on the bike. Sounds like that is the case. I'll be getting on this right away - especially since we are leaving for a week long vacation the on the new bikes on Saturday!

Spyder Garage

Post it works!!

I just wanted to let you all know that I just finished installing the new module and it works perfectly!!! Hubby helped a little and it took us about 2.5 hours also.

THANK YOU ALL!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer..!!

Had suggestions but looks like this is a warp... you snooze you loose...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Check your paperwork. Make sure you didn't pay for an S model and got the cheaper model. Since you say they are identical.

Very Active Member GaryTheBadger's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Add me to the growing list of satisfied base F3 with cruise control owners. Definately worth the approx $200, if you're handy with tools, very patient and do the install yourself.
    Last edited by GaryTheBadger; 09-20-2015 at 04:15 PM.
    Enjoying now: 2015 Spyder F3 SE6, 1970 Indian MM-5A, 1972 Suzuki RV90J Rover, 2017 Indian Chieftain (wife's)
    Wish-I-had-kept-them: 2008 Spyder GS SE-5, 1967 Shelby GT500 w/Paxton supercharger, 1972 DeTomaso Pantera, 1991, 1992 & 2001 Acura NSX's, 2012 V-Star 950 Tourer, various 2-, 3- and 4-wheelers
    2015 F3 SE6 , White - The fastest color!

Spyder Garage

Default Base f3 cruise control addition with part #710004146

I just bought the base 2015 as a leftover at a great price. Can I really just by this switch and have cruise?

Spyder Garage

Yes you can go buy it and if your a handy bloke with tools no problem fitting it plugs in on the right hand side so when fitted its plug and play.

Quote Originally Posted by Zummyannie View Post
    I just bought the base 2015 as a leftover at a great price. Can I really just by this switch and have cruise?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default $190

$190 well spent. Recently had dealer price match the right hand controls online and anyone with an ounce of mechanical sav can swap them out. I asked the dealer before coming to the board and their response was a throttle lock. Bottom line, buy the part and install at home.

Spyder Garage

Default My cruise control has been shipped

Does the package come with installation instructions . Inquiring of those who have installed. Thank you in advance

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Zummyannie View Post
    Does the package come with installation instructions . Inquiring of those who have installed. Thank you in advance
    Sorry no it does not come with any paper work but it is a plug and play unit if you no what your doing.

Spyder Garage

Default Added cruise control

Well I got it on and works great. But it took me two sessions of about two hours with no instructions. I had to cut the wires on the old bar control to get it out and run the new control wire around the frame instead of through the frame where it formally ran. You need to remove the side panels and the dash panel. It was well worth the 200. For the part.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KatLen0405 View Post
    I just wanted to let you all know that I just finished installing the new module and it works perfectly!!! Hubby helped a little and it took us about 2.5 hours also.

THANK YOU ALL!!!
    I looked at the part and it has a wire harness attached. Did you have to fish it through the handlebar?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BobEdLeon View Post
    I looked at the part and it has a wire harness attached. Did you have to fish it through the handlebar?
    It doesn't go thru the bar, it routes below the bar where the existing loom runs and then down the side of the steering shaft to the module under the right side plastics. This is why it takes as long as it does. Have to remove the upper fairing mount for the dash and the upper plastics and the lower right side plastic in order to do the routing... The throttle grip itself can be tricky to reassemble as it has a temperamental spring in it!

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

I am trying to find a local dealer to install it but if I can not I may try it myself. I asked Woods in Austin, Texas about it and they looked at me like I had a booger hanging out. So the plug on the harness plugs into an existing plug on the right side underneath the lower fairing?

Spyder Garage

Default Can cruise control be added to a 2019 F3 Base Model?

Gentlemen,
    Has anyone successfully added cruise control to a 2019 F3 Base Model? We have been unsuccessful in two tries from Louis Powersports to get the proper module. The plugs didn't match the plug on the bike on the first attempt, and the second module we received didn't even have the sliding cruise button on the module. If you have done this mod, could you please send along your source for parts and, if possible, the part number? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Mark

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DingerD View Post
    Gentlemen,
    Has anyone successfully added cruise control to a 2019 F3 Base Model? We have been unsuccessful in two tries from Louis Powersports to get the proper module. The plugs didn't match the plug on the bike on the first attempt, and the second module we received didn't even have the sliding cruise button on the module. If you have done this mod, could you please send along your source for parts and, if possible, the part number? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Mark
    IMHO ( and others ) Spyders all have the same wiring harness ..... depending on the model some features ( ie heated pass grips etc. ) are not connected. .... but the wiring to do it is there .... others here have bought the C.C. switch assembly and successfully added it to Spyder ..... also IMHO I would take it to a better dealer, the Tech should have been able to locate the REAL parts and connected it ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DingerD View Post
    Gentlemen,
    Has anyone successfully added cruise control to a 2019 F3 Base Model? Mark
    This might get you started:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-to-base-model
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Hello, did this to my 2020 F3 basic! Look under posts about adding cruise to F3, mine don60, shows part number I ordered from BRP. New module replaces right hand controls and is plug and play! It is a lot of removing parts, but well worth it! Check out all the different posts regarding cruise control! That helped me a lot! Good luck.

Spyder Garage

DingerD, found my post under ”Fitted cruise control on base 2020 F3” part number was 710004583 and cost about $250.00 from BRP! Please look at other “Cruise addition” threads, and some have videos!