Thread: brake pads

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default brake pads

Anyone have an idea how hard it is to change the front brake pads?

Spyder Garage

That's one thing I haven't done... but, it shouldn't be hard. Jack the front end, remove the wheels, and (I think) remove two bolts on each caliper to change out the pads.

Last edited by ataDude; 02-11-2009 at 10:13 PM.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default brake pads

The spyder has been taken all apart for lots of mods and chroming. But did not try to remove the brake pads.

Spyder Garage

Flat rate is 0.3 hours per pad. Don't know if that includes the calipers.
    -Scotty

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I just ordered my pads. I am going to try to do them myself since my dealer hardly knows how to do an oil change.
    The total cost was 205 for the pads.
    fronts are 70 and the back is 40.
    I don't really need to replace the back ones for some reason, only the front but figure maybe it will help the squeel.
    I did check the price for the cals..umm..200 EACH. Make sure you use the new part numbers or the dealer will try to give you the old pads. Most don't have them in stock yet. Mine attempted to tell me the old pads are the ones I want until I showed them the service bullentin. geez.

Have not put them on yet but will let you know how it goes. Looking at the manual, it does not look very hard.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by patches View Post
    I just ordered my pads. I am going to try to do them myself since my dealer hardly knows how to do an oil change.
    The total cost was 205 for the pads.
    fronts are 70 and the back is 40.
    I don't really need to replace the back ones for some reason, only the front but figure maybe it will help the squeel.
    I did check the price for the cals..umm..200 EACH. Make sure you use the new part numbers or the dealer will try to give you the old pads. Most don't have them in stock yet. Mine attempted to tell me the old pads are the ones I want until I showed them the service bullentin. geez.

Have not put them on yet but will let you know how it goes. Looking at the manual, it does not look very hard.
    That cost doesn't add up patches. If the fronts were $70 for a set and the rear was $40, that makes $110. If they double charged you for the front set, it still doesn't add up. When we got new pads, I think the fronts were $80 and the rear was $40. The fronts contained 2 sets of pads, one set for each side, thats why it was twice as much as the rear pads.