Spyder Garage

Default F3 Customer Accessory Circuits

The front circuit is located behind the storage box. Just reach into the hole and pull it out (not wire tied). In the pic it is laying across the red insulator. The middle circuit is under the left service panel. You only need to cut the wire tie at the top of the two pictured (wire ties were black…used white after cutting both). Both of these are just the harness (no plug). The rear circuit Is under the passenger seat. Plug is provided. Wiring is a black wire (ground/negative) and purple with a yellow stripe (positive). Power is only applied with the engine running. Fuse is located in the right fuse box (behind the storage box) position F6 10Amp.

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I should of said that I did not open the wiring harness of the front and middle to verify, but I am assuming that there are already wiring connectors and there is not a rubber boot like found on the rear.

Spyder Garage

Default Adding Keywords to help with search

Keywords: add install gps heated grips gloves cellphone cell phone power plug outlet

These are just what I could think of quickly. Please add to them.
    Last edited by Gordon; 09-12-2015 at 01:49 PM.

Spyder Garage

Front and middle have no connectors just wires
    Fwiw suggest using small scissors to get the sticky fabric tape off to get to the wires
    a hobby knife is too sharp.

Spyder Garage

Default One more question

Does the middle power source come from the bottom or the top. If it is coming from the bottom and no plug is connected, one might expect it would be possible to just pull the wires out at the top and not have to cut any zip ties. Am i correct on this, or is it possible the newer Spyders have a connector on the end of the accessory power?
    Msmoto
    2016 F3 Limited SS, Garmin 595LM, Sena 10S, Belt Idler Pulley, Custom Cherry Bomb Exhaust
    Previous Spyder No. 003008

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Msmoto View Post
    Does the middle power source come from the bottom or the top. If it is coming from the bottom and no plug is connected, one might expect it would be possible to just pull the wires out at the top and not have to cut any zip ties. Am i correct on this, or is it possible the newer Spyders have a connector on the end of the accessory power?

There is no connector on the end, just insulated wires. You will have to undo the fabric wire wrap but the wires were long enough to add connectors and plug in to the back of my dash power outlet.

Be advised that these are only powered when the engine is actually running.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

By the front wires, this is a rubber boot with what seems to be a usb outlet, what's this for?

Ant

Spyder Garage

Default Friction Tape

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    There is no connector on the end, just insulated wires. You will have to undo the fabric wire wrap but the wires were long enough to add connectors and plug in to the back of my dash power outlet.

Be advised that these are only powered when the engine is actually running.
    My Customer Accessory lead was actually wrapped in Friction Tape, something I haven't seen used in decades.

Spyder Garage

I was looking for accessory plug under left service panel. Ended up cutting this wire I think. What is this?

Sent on Note 5 in Taptalk
    2011 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the pics of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    The front circuit is located behind the storage box. Just reach into the hole and pull it out (not wire tied). In the pic it is laying across the red insulator. The middle circuit is under the left service panel. You only need to cut the wire tie at the top of the two pictured (wire ties were black…used white after cutting both). Both of these are just the harness (no plug). The rear circuit Is under the passenger seat. Plug is provided. Wiring is a black wire (ground/negative) and purple with a yellow stripe (positive). Power is only applied with the engine running. Fuse is located in the right fuse box (behind the storage box) position F6 10Amp.

Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Default Customer Accessory Circuit explained, sort of

I gave up on attempting to ask questions, just did it, install of Garmin wired to middle customer accessory circuit.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...29#post1180429
    Msmoto
    2016 F3 Limited SS, Garmin 595LM, Sena 10S, Belt Idler Pulley, Custom Cherry Bomb Exhaust
    Previous Spyder No. 003008

Spyder Garage

I did the same thing, do i need to solder them back together, not sure if I cut or if they were already not connected to anything.
    2015 F3 S SE6 , Stock Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by _..stiffler.. View Post
    I was looking for accessory plug under left service panel. Ended up cutting this wire I think. What is this?

Sent on Note 5 in Taptalk
    I cut this open too and not sure if the two wires were cut by me out not, should they be connected, and what is this wire for.
    2015 F3 S SE6 , Stock Red

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

For a GPS I suggest using the existing GPS connector under the left rear side panel. It comes on with the key and goes off with the key after a 10 second delay. That's where I have my Garmin plugged in. If you have a gps with audio out, the connector for that (1/8" headphone male) can be found where shown. If you don't have audio out, you can modify a Garmin to have one. Instructions at his link. >CLICK ME<

Connectors used for the +12 GPS circuit. >CLICK ME<

Last edited by Rattlebars; 12-31-2018 at 01:58 PM. Reason: added link for connectors
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

can i plug the fuse box directly on the wire
    2019 F3-t , Titanium