Thread: SPPYDERQUEST

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Smile SPPYDERQUEST

Took a ride over to Lake George to check out the event. Only able to go today.....commitments for the rest of the week.
    Well, I checked out the vendors....not many, but those who were there were selling big ticket items. No junk here....just GOOD STUFF that you can use. Anyway, I checked out Ultimate Seats and saw a nice one...and my wife wanted arm rests to match. Couldn't decide....didn't really want to spend the money just now, but I realize that next year it'll cost more. So we went into town for lunch and to think it over. Then on the way back to the event, I stopped for gas. I asked my wife to pump it while I went in to get a scratch ticket......only had $10 in the wallet, so I bought two $5 tickets. One was a looser and the other one was good for 500 bucks.
    Got the seat, armrest and had a lzser alignment to boot !!! The alignment is fantastic !!!
    Got home tonight and found out that I won another $250 in the Vermont 2nd chance lottery !!!

A good time was had by all !!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations..!!

now thats the way to shop..if you hadn't stopped to think about it would have been expensive... enjoy..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You are one lucky guy! Congratulations.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

You need to book a flight to Las Vegas and quick! Congrats!
    Just another crappy day in Paradise....Aloha!

Spyder Garage

Good for you

This has been a problem with the quest in my opinion is vendor particapation.

They say it is all about the rides which is good .

But people like the farkles and are willing to spend money.

Give them the vendors to accomadate them.

This is lacking as far as my opinion

Spyder Garage

Hello VT. Some people have the magic touch when it comes to winning. Some don't. I bet you know where I fit in.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

SpyderQuest is about the rides...
    It's in just about the prettiest place in New York, at the nicest time of the year.
    It can be tough to attract vendors to an event where everyone is (hopefully!) out riding all day.
    I'd like to think that a delicate balance is being found... and with the talented folks who plan this great event; it will only continue to improve!
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 09-10-2015 at 04:42 PM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vt. Rider View Post
    Took a ride over to Lake George to check out the event. Only able to go today.....commitments for the rest of the week.
    Well, I checked out the vendors....not many, but those who were there were selling big ticket items. No junk here....just GOOD STUFF that you can use. Anyway, I checked out Ultimate Seats and saw a nice one...and my wife wanted arm rests to match. Couldn't decide....didn't really want to spend the money just now, but I realize that next year it'll cost more. So we went into town for lunch and to think it over. Then on the way back to the event, I stopped for gas. I asked my wife to pump it while I went in to get a scratch ticket......only had $10 in the wallet, so I bought two $5 tickets. One was a looser and the other one was good for 500 bucks.
    Got the seat, armrest and had a lzser alignment to boot !!! The alignment is fantastic !!!
    Got home tonight and found out that I won another $250 in the Vermont 2nd chance lottery !!!

A good time was had by all !!!!

Some people have all the luck..jtpollock.

Spyder Garage

Post Lucky Duck

Congrats on the win. How is the seat? And does the laser alignment make a significant difference in the Sypder's handling?

Blade

Spyder Garage

You.ll love the seat and congrats on the win.I put on the Ultimate seat then went on a 1800 km 4 day ride.Couldn,t have done it with the stock seat.
    Bill
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The seat is nice......better than stock, but the backrest is GREAT !!!
    As far as the alignment......I believe that having it done is probably the most effective improvement you can do to your Spyder.
    I purchased a "dealer demo" with 1,000 or so miles on it. I wasn't really pleased with the new ride, and wished that I hadn't sold my Goldwing. But....I have to live with my decisions. Even yesterday, riding over to New York, I noticed that my shoulders ached a bit. After having it aligned, I took the long way home...about 160 miles, and immediately noticed that everything felt smoother....I could relax better, and .....it's tough to explain, but when taking the curves at speed, I kept making "mid course corrections"....kind of weaving side to side (minutely) while in the corners. Well, all that disappeared. Taking the curves at speed is as smooth as silk. Even my wife noticed the difference, as in her position as a passenger, she felt the side to side motion even more than mine. It just feels good.
    I watched the alignment process, and when he put the laser on the wheels, with the handlebars straight ahead, the front tires were off by about an inch and a half. The tech said that my wheels were aiming left while I was steering straight, and causing the tires to "scrub". The alignment cost $130., and was well worth it.

Spyder Garage

The force was obviously with you. I too had my spyder aligned, I'm driving 40 miles one way each day to attend; staying with a good friend in Vermont. The cornering is now flat, feel attached to rails no matter how hard I push it. Effort as you mentioned is markedly reduced.

His comment was that is the worst spyder for out of alignment I've ever done. This from the co owner of Rolo!!! (But perhaps Norm says that to everyone)

If you want some great floor boards for your RS talk with Norm or visit their web site. Gave me a steal of a deal at Spyder Quest!!!!!!!!!!
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    SpyderQuest is about the rides...
    It's in just about the prettiest place in New York, at the nicest time of the year.
    It can be tough to attract vendors to an event where everyone is (hopefully!) out riding all day.
    I'd like to think that a delicate balance is being found... and with the talented folks who plan this great event; it will only continue to improve!
    Lake George is beautiful Bob.Been going there since my kids could walk and still go there once or twice a year.
    Most people asked last year about shorter rides and more vendors.

There was more new registrations then returnees.

Why???

Spyder Garage

In the lot last night at Spyderquest. Some very nice light work brightened things up! And a couple shots from my ride up to Whiteface Mountain, was awesome even with some clouds. Sorry about the sideways pics!

Pat
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmccaffrey View Post
    Lake George is beautiful Bob.Been going there since my kids could walk and still go there once or twice a year.
    Most people asked last year about shorter rides and more vendors.

There was more new registrations then returnees.

Why???

Just curious... You know there were more new registrations then returnees how?
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Spyder Garage

When registration opened it was posted that way.

With new registrants.

I was unable to attend this year, but will be there next ans offered to help out.

Usually follow the post after the event. Can gain a lot of knowledge what people want.

Love lake george and spyders. Great combination