Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSpyder View Post
    I ran 28lbs in the rear and the middle of the tire was bald before the outsides of the tire was half gone. I just now changed to 21lbs in the rear and it rides so much smoother it is truly amazing.

Lamonster - should I be concerned about the tire heating up and causing blowouts?
    As I'm sure you know under inflated tires cause heat. I would keep an eye on it. 30lbs worked great for me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    As I'm sure you know under inflated tires cause heat. I would keep an eye on it. 30lbs worked great for me.
    I used 20/30 as well and got 15k from my back tire, fronts still look great

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

how these car tires worked out?
    i need to replace my rears badly.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

dltang and I both had Ecsta ASTs put on last week. So far so good. lamonster posted about riding in the rain with his the other day and said they worked well, maybe better than the stock Kendas.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    dltang and I both had Ecsta ASTs put on last week. So far so good. lamonster posted about riding in the rain with his the other day and said they worked well, maybe better than the stock Kendas.
    thank you
    i will go ahead and order it today
    6 states down 42 states to go

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default rear tire

Lamonster,
    How did the Ecstra AST rear tire work out for you?
    I need to replace the rear tire because the center is down to the wear bars. I got 14k out of the first and +15k out of the second Kenda. I am thinking of switching to the Ecstar if you had good luck with it. Tire Rack has them for $60. Are there other car tires you would recommend? I need to replace it before Spyder in the Smokies.
    Thanks for hosting the website and for all the information
    See you in September
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McGone View Post
    Lamonster,
    How did the Ecstra AST rear tire work out for you?
    I need to replace the rear tire because the center is down to the wear bars. I got 14k out of the first and +15k out of the second Kenda. I am thinking of switching to the Ecstar if you had good luck with it. Tire Rack has them for $60. Are there other car tires you would recommend? I need to replace it before Spyder in the Smokies.
    Thanks for hosting the website and for all the information
    See you in September

I know this isn't addressed to me but I do have experience with the tire in question also...

I have been running with the same Ecsta AST since I posted that I had it put on my Spyder in April 2009. Close to 20,000 miles on it and I'm still riding it though it's not quite as good in the rain as it once was because I'm down to the wear bars now. FWIW, I have the replacement Ecsta AST in my garage right now waiting for me to get it installed (happy enough with the tire to put it on again).
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

I know this isn't addressed to me but I do have experience with the tire in question also...

I have been running with the same Ecsta AST since I posted that I had it put on my Spyder in April 2009. Close to 20,000 miles on it and I'm still riding it though it's not quite as good in the rain as it once was because I'm down to the wear bars now. FWIW, I have the replacement Ecsta AST in my garage right now waiting for me to get it installed (happy enough with the tire to put it on again).
    I think I'll be ordering this tire again too. My last Toyo last the same as this one but cost twice as much.

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Default Kuhmo

bjt and Lamonster;
    Thanks for the update. Only 7000 miles on the RTS and needing replacement. Almost 50% left at 9000 on the '09 GS. Did you get from Tire Rack or ????

Spyder Garage

I think mine came form the Tire Rack. Not sure as dltang ordered them for our Spyders.

Spyder Garage

Only have 10,000 miles on my original tire, and should be able to get at least another 2,000, Thanks for the info. Just ordered my Ecsta AST from Tire Rack, $60. plus shipping

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

Tire looks great, keep us posted
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

http://www.farriscustoms.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Arm View Post
    Only have 10,000 miles on my original tire, and should be able to get at least another 2,000, Thanks for the info. Just ordered my Ecsta AST from Tire Rack, $60. plus shipping
    I have about 600 miles on my new Ecsta and am very happy with it. My dealer had never seen a car tire on a Spyder and thought it might throw a fault code...............
    Ryde Safe!

"There are two things you can never get back. A word after it is said and time after it is gone."

Spyder Garage

I just ordered another one. It was $80.00 shipped to my door.

Spyder Garage

I'm also using this tire and I also bought it from Tire Rack. My dealer didn't have a problem with installing a car tire, though they did laugh when they saw me pull into the lot with a tire bungeed to my seat!

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Spyder Garage

Updated thread was timely. Was getting ready to take Spyder to dealer to do 12,000 mile service and change rear tire. Thanks for the saving$.
    12,899 miles on stock rear -not bad for the way I ride and the numerous compulsory burn-outs....

Was caught in a torrential downpour last Saturday and water was coming across the highway and "ponding". First time I've experienced the rear end hydroplaneing! Pucker factor went off the chart

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hevnbound View Post
    Updated thread was timely. Was getting ready to take Spyder to dealer to do 12,000 mile service and change rear tire. Thanks for the saving$.
    12,899 miles on stock rear -not bad for the way I ride and the numerous compulsory burn-outs....

Was caught in a torrential downpour last Saturday and water was coming across the highway and "ponding". First time I've experienced the rear end hydroplaneing! Pucker factor went off the chart

I had that happen in the dark at 70mph towing a loaded trailer. I can relate to your statement.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I had that happen in the dark at 70mph towing a loaded trailer. I can relate to your statement.

It happened to me at 75mph in heavy rains on my way back home from the Chicago event. Still haven't gotten the new Ecsta put on though. I guess I'm going to ride every last mile out of the tire.

Spyder Garage

Is this tire better or as good as the Toyo 1 ?
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

I feel the Toyo rides smoother than the stock tire. Does the Ecsta ride as smooth as the Toyo?

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Can any bike shop do the tire/brake replacement or must I take it to a dealer. I have a bike shop about 200 yds from my house.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

I think mine came form the Tire Rack. Not sure as dltang ordered them for our Spyders.
    Yes we got ours from tire rack. I believe they came to $70 a piece delivered. Very happy with the tire. Have to play with the psi a little for your taste though. They have a higher psi than stock. I keep mine between 40-45 psi.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.