Spyder Garage

Default Limp Mode and codes C0034, P0172, C006C

2015 RTS goes into limp mode when it sits in a hot place for a while, like a parking lot at work.
    Engine light is also always on. Does anyone know what these codes are C0034, PO172 and C006C

Thanks
    Last edited by Bert715; 09-07-2015 at 06:44 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Some...

you should download the app for this...my spyder for apple or spyder codes for android. It will help you in many ways..what you have is:

C0034...VSS Vehicle stability system
    P0172...System too rich bank 1
    C006C...VSS CAN communication not reliable

Have seen this before and once ryden a small way with some air flow it all clears. Don't know why exactly but a half cover or sunshade may help. These codes should occur while ryding and not at start up. may be some one knows more about it...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Also goes into Limp Mode when going down highway

It also goes into Limp Mode when going down the highway. Dropped it off at dealer today.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    you should download the app for this...my spyder for apple or spyder codes for android. It will help you in many ways..what you have is:

C0034...VSS Vehicle stability system
    P0172...System too rich bank 1
    C006C...VSS CAN communication not reliable

Have seen this before and once ryden a small way with some air flow it all clears. Don't know why exactly but a half cover or sunshade may help. These codes should occur while ryding and not at start up. may be some one knows more about it...

Spyder Garage

If you don't have the app you can go to www.spyderhelp.com and check the codes also.

Current: 2018 F3 Limited
    Previous: 2011 RT with 622 Trailer

Mods:
    F4 Customs 25" Windshield
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    Spyderpops Top Case/Seat Extender
    TackForm Phone Mount
    Lamonster Ram Ball Handlebar Mount
    Show Chrome Passenger Armrests

Spyder Garage

Default I'm with you

Quote Originally Posted by Bert715 View Post
    2015 RTS goes into limp mode when it sits in a hot place for a while, like a parking lot at work.
    Engine light is also always on. Does anyone know what these codes are C0034, PO172 and C006C

Thanks
    We have been shooting a P0172 error code for about 1/2 of the 4500 miles we have on our 15 RT Limited. First 2 times they just reset the codes. The third time they replaced some parts per BRP's instructions. It's in the shop now for a 4th time. (Wife's bike and she's out of town). With instructions to try again to get it fixed,

The lucky thing for us was that it never went into LIMP MODE - Our history is the P0172 code will show up then after a while the check engine light will start to blink.

Good luck with getting yours fixed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_VGR View Post
    We have been shooting a P0172 error code for about 1/2 of the 4500 miles we have on our 15 RT Limited. First 2 times they just reset the codes. The third time they replaced some parts per BRP's instructions. It's in the shop now for a 4th time. (Wife's bike and she's out of town). With instructions to try again to get it fixed,

The lucky thing for us was that it never went into LIMP MODE - Our history is the P0172 code will show up then after a while the check engine light will start to blink.

Good luck with getting yours fixed.
    I'm having repeating P0172 and check engine light (2104 RTS SM6) - has your similar issue been resolved and if so what was repaired? Thx...
    2014 RTS SM6 , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dgdecker View Post
    I'm having repeating P0172 and check engine light (2104 RTS SM6) - has your similar issue been resolved and if so what was repaired? Thx...
    Code: P0172

Module: ECM

Description:Fuel correction reached the minimum limit, multiplicative

Cause: Any reason which will cause a rich condition under load, ex:
    Fuel pressure too high, Oil entering the intake system through the
    vacuum assist line, Canister purge valve stuck open.

Action: Inspect evap canister purge valve function. Perform EVAP Purge Valve
    Operational Test as described in the Fuel Tank and Fuel System section of the shop manual. If purge valve is replaced perform ECM first initialization using
    BUDS ECM/Setting screen. If ECM first initialization is performed GBPS initialization must be done as per Warranty Bulletin 2010-4 procedure.
    Check fuel pressure regulator.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

This may sound dumb.

P0172, running rich. Do you run high quality gasoline or the stuff from the conveneience store, walmart or Costco?

Fuel injectors that have buildup on them can weep and toss codes like that.

The Spyderlovers world will say run Sea Foam. I have no problem with it, but in a situation like this, maybe try Sea Foam, and then start running better gas all the time AND you might consider running Yamalube Fuel Med RX in each tank unless on a longer trip.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    This may sound dumb.

P0172, running rich. Do you run high quality gasoline or the stuff from the conveneience store, walmart or Costco?

Fuel injectors that have buildup on them can weep and toss codes like that.

The Spyderlovers world will say run Sea Foam. I have no problem with it, but in a situation like this, maybe try Sea Foam, and then start running better gas all the time AND you might consider running Yamalube Fuel Med RX in each tank unless on a longer trip.
    I always run name brand fuel such as Mobil, Shell, etc. Engine seems to run fine, I'll see what happens at the dealer this week. I've tried Chevron fuel injector cleaner.
    2014 RTS SM6 , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dgdecker View Post
    I always run name brand fuel such as Mobil, Shell, etc. Engine seems to run fine, I'll see what happens at the dealer this week. I've tried Chevron fuel injector cleaner.
    Maybe let the dealer also know you run quality gasoline and did some injector cleaner also.

I am not sure if the P0172 code could happen from too much oil in the engine being forced into the intake. Sounds crazy, but if you have not done the check oil level when hot give it a shot.

Spyder Garage

Maybe let the dealer also know you run quality gasoline and did some injector cleaner also.

I am not sure if the P0172 code could happen from too much oil in the engine being forced into the intake. Sounds crazy, but if you have not done the check oil level when hot give it a shot.
    Thanks for the idea about hot oil level, I'll re-check it.
    2014 RTS SM6 , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Code P0172 Continues

Checked oil level per op manual instructions, hot level is about 1/4" below max, this should be good. Taking in to dealer tomorrow and sent a support request to BRP today following up on the case the dealer opened.
    Last edited by Dgdecker; 05-15-2017 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Code P0172
    2014 RTS SM6 , Cognac