Spyder Garage

Default Trailering the RT

I trailered the RT about 215 miles this week on a 7'x 14' utility trailer and I had to use ramps and it was a little awkward to load and tie down. I can make it a little easier to tie down but there is no way around the ramps unless I put a 4' tall fold down ramp on the back. I'm thinking of making a low, light weight tilt trailer using 3 pieces of channel for the tires to roll in. We have a local shop with a brake that could make the channel for me out of 1/8 sheet. I could fab them up out of 2x2 angle but that is time consuming and heavy. I know that we will be pulling the RT often behind our truck camper so a dedicated trailer makes sense. Anyone have some pics of a good design?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know it's not homemade, or particularly inexpensive, but I have been really happy with
    my Aluma 7210 with bi-fold ramp gate. The gate has a mild "arch" built into it. Just enough
    that my RT doesn't scrape anything. It works great for a large deck mower also.
    These are not cheap, but they are LIGHT. Easy to yutz around to hook up, or store.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Now that I look at yours, Marie, making it low with a flat bed is a really good idea. Changing plans now.

Spyder Garage

Default Trailering the RT

IMG_0032.jpgIMG_0033.jpgIMG_0034.jpgIMG_0035.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by SailnDive View Post
    I trailered the RT about 215 miles this week on a 7'x 14' utility trailer and I had to use ramps and it was a little awkward to load and tie down. I can make it a little easier to tie down but there is no way around the ramps unless I put a 4' tall fold down ramp on the back. I'm thinking of making a low, light weight tilt trailer using 3 pieces of channel for the tires to roll in. We have a local shop with a brake that could make the channel for me out of 1/8 sheet. I could fab them up out of 2x2 angle but that is time consuming and heavy. I know that we will be pulling the RT often behind our truck camper so a dedicated trailer makes sense. Anyone have some pics of a good design?
    Ironhorsetrailers.com

Spyder Garage

I use the "ProLine" aluminum enclosed, has 5 rails in the floor for infinite tiedown movement, security. 1100 lbs and easy to move by hand as nbeeded. Check www.NHtrailers.com for a great selection and Tom is great to work with. If you want or need it, he cn make it work for you

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kyspyder View Post

Ironhorsetrailers.com
    I'll have mine at SpyderQuest this week if anyone is interested in seeing one
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Drop tail trailers look like not to much of a hassle loading a

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have a 12ft dove tail works perfectly

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

$300 used ugly boat trailer, $140 tire alignment, 2x10x8 "bed" & 2x10x 6' ramps cheap, HF tie downs, works for me. If its a pain then get the kid that mows your yard to load and tie it down, even take him along, he'd have a blast.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

get the kid that mows the lawn.... Man most now days don't know how to ride a bicycle..