Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

My wife,SDM has always wanted a trike and between cost and safety problems i hoped she never got one. Then in March she found out that a dealership(velocity powersports) had something called a Spyder and wanted to see it, so we drove to Ladson and checked it out. They only had one in the showroom and it was sold but we got to sit on it,that's all it took,We have never been on a motorcycle and never got to ride a spyder before buying it(they did not have any to test ride). They had a new Spyder RT-SE5 on a trailer just delivered and not yet offloaded or serviced and we bought it cash(raided savings)and had it delivered to our house, then we learned how to drive it going round and round our neiborhood till we got the nerve to take it on short rides around town.In June she road it to Maggie Vally for the owners event(first long solo trip) she was feeling bad(new meds) and asked me to bring the car and I did,we went to the event for a couple of hours and I rode her RT home,I fell in love with it and started to think of a way to get my own,on July 2nd Velocity had a July 4th sale and I went up to see if they had a used one I could afford(I was going to have to finance it as I had not built up savings enough)They had a used RSS-SM5 but I did not want a manuel and the rates were far better on a new one,so I got my 2011 RS-SE5 and we lived happily ever after,the end
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Spyder Garage

Because my wife told me she wanted one!!! Happy wife, happy life.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Because my husband (spyderwolf) had one. and he doesn't share well.

My better half and the best dad ever!!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post

Yes, Bruiser has a happy life, too!

Spyder Garage

I bought one because being a former jet ski racer of BRP jet skies I fell in love with the acceleration and handling of these skies and the Spyder gives me a choice of 2 jet skies or the Spyder ALL summer long and the use of the Spyder ALL year round so I always have something to look forward tooo!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sarge707; 11-07-2011 at 01:39 PM.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post

Smart Man and that is why I love him!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My wife was ready to get off the pillion and onto her her own machine, but with no bike experience at all it was a bit daunting for her. The Spyder is ridiculously easy to ride, not to mention is just outright damn cool to look at it. Was a no brainer for me to buy her one and she loves it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default my spyder

I had been bugging the wife for years, 18 to be exact, to get a bike. When we were in Germany, there was NO WAY she would let me get one there. 2 more kids later and all the expenses associated wouldnt allow a bike either. Fast forward......kids are older now, still just as expensive, but I was finally given the go ahead. Personally, I hadnt been on a bike in years and after taking the MSF, I was having doubts. But then I saw an ad for the Spyder on tv and the light bulb came on. I went down to the nearest dealer and test rode both the SM5 and SE5..loved them both. But wait.....a deployment comes up and yet delays my purchase even further. I get back and was relentless about getting the bike...BUT...the price for a new one was a bit more than I wanted to pay considering retiring from the military was looming close. So I started researching used Spyders. Found a few at good prices, but they were too far to pick up and shipping would have been too much. I was about to give up on the Spyder till one day while looking at Ebay, I spyed one that had the right price and was only a couple hours away. And wouldnt you know it, my kids had a bowling tournament in the town the Spyder was located. After getting all my finances in order and talking to the seller I was on my way. So, after the kids bowled Sat and Sun, we went to the sellers home and I rode the Spyder home. I got a 2008 SM5 with only 780 miles on it. That was in June. I rode it everyday to work until my last work day in Sept. Now I am retired, and away from home, so the Spyder sits covered in the garage till I get home.....6 MONTHS from now!!! But I cant complain too much, she will be paid off by the time I get back.

Spyder Garage

Smile loved my my wife more than two wheels

[QUOTE=bjt;68956]I bought it because of the safety, looks and the fun factor. I felt confident that both me and my wife could do some traveling on our Spyders and we have. [/QUOT
    E]
    we both love our 2009 gs,plus many mods,and look forword to many more miles on the road.have 14000 miles on ours,and are look to many many more. have ridden two wheelers for 50 yrs. still miss them,but love our spyder!
    zero
    Last edited by zero; 11-10-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Had always wanted to ride a motorcycle but at 5'2", I did not feel safe on a two wheel. Someone told me about the Spyders. I checked it out, loved it, bought it without riding it and I am loving it. Has to be the most impulsive thing I have ever done!!

Spyder Garage

WHISKEY - INDIA - FOXTROT - ECHO

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hspyder View Post
    WHISKEY - INDIA - FOXTROT - ECHO
    10-4 on that one

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I started riding a beat up scooter to high school in 1948. Several bikes in between. I rode in Japan, Korea, Germany, England and Viet Nam. Bad knee out of Viet Nam, operated on in 1970, but got worse in 2005, when I triked my 2002 Gold Wing. I later sold my 2003 Burgman 650 and 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S.

While out riding my GW trike, I stopped by a BRP dealer. I rode a demo a couple of times and bought BR1. I ride him more than my GW, but will keep Punkin' as a backup ride....With 61K on him, and NO problems of any kind, I just can not part with him. Maybe later.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Default Tired of hauling, love my wife

I love to ride, I love my Goldwing and I love my wife.
    i do not like hauling a Trailor and I thought my wife needed some freedom and confidence.

She has never driven a 2 or 3 wheeler and to be honest I was not sure she would be able to handle a throttle. We went to the dealers and she loved the Lava RT for the color and the storage capacity and of course the luggage. So we scheduled a test ride.

Ikeep feeding her Spyder Lovers information for a week and the day came to do the test ride, she was ready. We got the obligatory walk through and the dealer setup some cones on a private road. She took off and stopped at each cone, around a cul de sac and stopped at each cone. Back to the starting point for a k turn, and out for a cone weave. Everything went wellif a bit hesitant . On the return cone weave she increase her speed and came through the cones very smoothly. Parked the bike and wrote a check.

I am so proud of her
    Duck
    Michael Spivack
    2007 Goldwing
    2012 RT Limited Lava (traded 5/2/14)
    RT Mods.
    Cup holder, Utopia Backrest, Hi mounter tail light, FZ1 fuse box, aux power outlet, CB and Gerbing outlets
    2014 RT Limited Cognac (purchased 5/2/14)
    RT Mods.
    Cup holder, Spyder Backrest, 2012 CB and Gerbing outlets
    GWRRA
    Cape Cod, Ma.

Spyder Garage

Well................my job recently has changed significantly and the company I have loved to work for the past 20 years have made it into a real "job". My wife is working 6 night shifts per week and has been doing so for the past 2 years. My father passed away almost 2 years ago and my mother has really struggled to adapt, my sister is less than helpful so I have been my mothers crutch.

So................needed something I can just jump on with the wifee and get out with what little personal time we have and relax and enjoy each other. Had bikes before but the last time (3-4) years ago I had difficulties putting my life in the hands of another driver texting or surfing on their smart phone. To many perfectly innocent bikers getting pulled out in front of because the driver didn't see them???

The Spyder was a clear fit and the wife just loved the passenger seat, here we go!
    Last edited by Buttsy; 04-10-2012 at 10:43 AM.
    2011 RTS SM5

Spyder Garage

I have Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and my nuerologist told me if I got 2 wheels, she would pull my drivers license completely and I could take a bus or taxi everywhere. Trust me, she was serious.

I love my Spyder, it allows me to ride with my husband instead of behind him. If that makes any sense. My spyder is freedom, it is my opportunity to tell the MS, you can't stop me from living!!!!!!!!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Temporary Insanity......Thats my story and I an sticking to it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    Temporary Insanity......Thats my story and I an sticking to it.
    Temporary Sanity or Insanity?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well the Missus and I were walking into a Kawasaki/Ski Doo dealer to shop a bit "Because I had been good"...
    They had these funny-looking tripods arranged around the front entrance...
    She looks at me and says, "That could be like our Gold Wing was when we were first mairried!"
    and it was all over...
    Truthfully... Compounding health issues from over 47 years of diabetes made it difficult to hold up a big touring bike anyway...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

zrc

I got it because its Different, its new, its unique and its freaking amazing fun.

Since the first time I saw one I wanted it. I had a test drive over 2 years before I bought one, and wanted it every day since then. Post divorce I told myself that I would stop wishing all these wishes I had and never acting on them. Waiting to live is postponing the joy of living. I had forgotten about my spyder addiction in the turmoil of my life. I had quit a job, started a company, gotten a divorce, sold the company, started another job, ended it, started a 3rd job and was about to transition to the 4th in less than 2 years. I was driving around the mall and some kid (yes kid, approx 19) passed me on a 2011 orange RSS. And that was that, I had seen one again, and it was less than 2 weeks before mine was delivered.

From a guy that almost bit the bullet about 2 years ago (self induced no less), let me tell ya, dont wait to live. Eight years of my life are gone and the whole time I was waiting, waiting to go on vacation, waiting to get a bike, waiting to go out and have fun, waiting to be free...

The Wait is over.

Spyder Garage

zrc, well said. I'm 66, retired thanks, in part, to the economy in Jan. 2009. My philosophy is changing also. If you're going to live, do it now! Later may not arrive. Waiting for my '08 GS SE5 to arrive in K.C. from FL.

I too choose the Spyder because it's unique, won't fall over and now realize the family of SpyderLovers is phenomenal. Can't wait to meet some of you at Spyderfest.

Jim

Spyder Garage

Capt Margaret chose her Spyder over the H-D triglide because of ease of steering and seat comfort.

john

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

2 artificial knees, a bum hip and a huge desire to keep riding were the main motivators but then I saw a 2009 RS and thought, hmmm, bet they show up with a touring model. And they did the very next year! Test rode the dealers limited, chose the A&C model and picked it up a week later. Work got in the way a little so only 7000 miles in the last 2 years but that is 10 times as many miles as in the last 10 on 2 wheels...and planning on plenty more this year. Spyderfest, here we come!

Diana

Spyder Garage

I like many others have had several two-wheeled motorcycles, 15 total, the last 3 Harley Davidson's. In 2010 I took a 5000+ mile trip including a run into Canada to get my new passport stamped. The morning after I returned home I had a major stroke which affected my left side. When trying to ride the Harley I had trouble shifting and getting my foot down to balance the bike at a stop. After seeing the Spyder I decided to check it out as it might be the solution to my problem, and making it possible to continue to ride. I took a short test ride on the RTS SE5 and found immediately that I loved the ride and feel of it. So I sold my Harley to my local dealer at a very good price and purchased my Spyder. After 11,300+ miles in less than 1 year, I STILL LOVE MYnew Spyder RIDE.

Very Happy Rider

Spyder Garage

I have not bought a Spyder yet but will be as soon as my truck is paid off. My reasons for buying one over a bike are because I prefer ATV's over dirt bikes and I have no desire to buy a street bike but would love to be able to buy a street legal ATV but they don't make them for some odd reason and the Spyder is as close as I can get to one so therefore, that is why I will be purchasing one.

www.quadsforchrist.net
    ? Can Am Spyder