Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Baffle

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I have 4 heading my way for testing and I became a dealer. I'll be shooting a before and after sound clip and I'll keep stock of these if they do what everyone says. I'm not unhappy with we sell now but if this will make it better I'm in.

If it gets rid of that exhaust leak sound, im in. Just let us know when you are ready to sell them.

Spyder Garage

Default Sound

I have 4 heading my way for testing and I became a dealer. I'll be shooting a before and after sound clip and I'll keep stock of these if they do what everyone says. I'm not unhappy with we sell now but if this will make it better I'm in.

What do you sell right now that gets rid of that exhaust leak sound?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBob2015 View Post
    What do you sell right now that gets rid of that exhaust leak sound?
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. I don't have that on any of my Spyders.

Spyder Garage

Default LAMONSTER

HOW'S THE BAFFLING PROCESS COMING ALONG?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WIDOWSSON View Post
    HOW'S THE BAFFLING PROCESS COMING ALONG?
    Just got them yesterday. I'll see if I can shoot a video of the sound but we have snow and ice so no testing

Spyder Garage

Default OK

WAITING PATIENTLY
    WHO AM I KIDDING. NO I'M NOT

Just got them yesterday. I'll see if I can shoot a video of the sound but we have snow and ice so no testing

Spyder Garage

WAITING PATIENTLY
    WHO AM I KIDDING. NO I'M NOT
    Snow and ice storm last night and today so no shop time. Sorry

Spyder Garage

I understand.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

I'll be installing mine today but won't be riding till the roads clear up a bit and the temps get closer to my age.

We do have some in stock now. http://www.lamonstergarage.com/big-c...onster-baffle/

Spyder Garage

I'll be installing mine today but won't be riding till the roads clear up a bit and the temps get closer to my age.

We do have some in stock now. http://www.lamonstergarage.com/big-c...onster-baffle/

I wonder if this somehow could be used inline somewhere with a Two brothers slip on exhaust?
    Retired U.S navy Seabee! "CAN DO"
    2015 Spyder F3-s

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mini73 View Post
    I wonder if this somehow could be used inline somewhere with a Two brothers slip on exhaust?
    I don't see why not. Big Thunder makes them ore everything.

Spyder Garage

I don't see why not. Big Thunder makes them ore everything.
    Thanks for the response Lamonster. I ask because I have a Two brothers exhaust. I had it on for about a month. I liked the sound but I could tell it was down on midrange power and the gas mileage was little lower than with the stock exhaust. I have the stock exhaust on again due to the wife not liking me cranking up the spyder in the mornings for work. I do have the Two brothers exhaust up for sale in the classifieds but I am wondering if I should try this also?
    Last edited by mini73; 01-23-2016 at 10:31 AM.
    2015 Spyder F3-s

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the response Lamonster. I ask because I have a Two brothers exhaust. I had it on for about a month. I liked the sound but I could tell it was down on midrange power and the gas mileage was little lower than with the stock exhaust. I have the stock exhaust on again due to the wife not liking me cranking up the spyder in the mornings for work. I do have the Two brothers exhaust up for sale in the classifieds but I am wondering if I should try this also?
    I don't think it's going to be anywhere near stock with the baffle in if that's what you're looking for.

Spyder Garage

I don't think it's going to be anywhere near stock with the baffle in if that's what you're looking for.
    No not what I am looking for. I like the sound of the two brothers exhaust just wondering if this would make little more back pressure, stop little popping on decelaration and give little bit better gas milage. I think I may just go ahead and sell the two brothers and eventually get the cat delete and the baffle.
    2015 Spyder F3-s

Spyder Garage

Default ORDERED MINE ALREADY

Spyder Garage

I started this whole Big City Thunder baffle topic in August, first post on this topic. At the time I had a TB system on my F3 and was trying to reduce the decell poping and quit it down. I had put BCT baffles in my Harley and was very pleased with the outcome so I ordered one for the TB pipe. It did take care of the decell poping, but the exhaust was still not to my liking. When my wife got her F3 from Pit bull we had the Lamont pipe installed. I ordered another BCT baffle for my wife F3 and liked the exhaust note with this setup so I removed the TB and installed Lamont's pipe with a BCT baffle. It makes no difference which cat delete pipe you have the BCT baffle will work.

Spyder Garage

Default BCT baffle direction

Just a note about the direction the baffle should face when installed in the bypass pipe: I was advised by BCT to install the baffle with the point of the cone facing toward the engine. Your pic is showing the opposite direction - though I know the pic is not an install instruction.
    2014 RTS SM6 , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Looks like the pipe will need to be drilled, am I right? And if it is the case is there a template that comes with the baffle to determine the place to drill? What tools are needed?

Spyder Garage

Default I WAS WONDERING THE SAME THING

Dont recall if the pipe can with a predrilled hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Samir221 View Post
    Looks like the pipe will need to be drilled, am I right? And if it is the case is there a template that comes with the baffle to determine the place to drill? What tools are needed?

Spyder Garage

The baffle can be installed pointed in eather direction, but the suggested method would be to point the cone toward the exhaust end. Installation is simple just pre fit baffle in pipe and note where hole needs to he drilled, drill hole and install baffle. Make sure to use red lock tight on screw.

Spyder Garage

Default THANKS

I will be in contact with you and Lamont if i have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by fencepost View Post
    The baffle can be installed pointed in eather direction, but the suggested method would be to point the cone toward the exhaust end. Installation is simple just pre fit baffle in pipe and note where hole needs to he drilled, drill hole and install baffle. Make sure to use red lock tight on screw.

Spyder Garage

Dont recall if the pipe can with a predrilled hole.
    Just wondering if the baffle is installed between the cat bypass and the exhaust why you would need to drill anything? It sure can't go anywhere.

Spyder Garage

Call Jim @ Big City Thunder 704.847.1222. You will need the QQ 1 3/4" baffle with sleeve. You will need to grind down the sleeve to fit the pipe, will also need red lock tight for the screw that holds it in the pipe.

Aloha Lamont, The OP mentions a sleeve in one his posts. Does the baffle you offer include the sleeve? From looking at the photo, it looks like the baffle OD is smaller than the pipes. ID.

Mahalo!
    Just another crappy day in Paradise....Aloha!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HIspyder View Post
    Aloha Lamont, The OP mentions a sleeve in one his posts. Does the baffle you offer include the sleeve? From looking at the photo, it looks like the baffle OD is smaller than the pipes. ID.

Mahalo!
    Talking with Jim at Big City Thunder he didn't recommend the sleeve. There can be fitting issues because of the weld on the inside and there is nothing to gain by their test having the sleeve. I went by his recommendation.

I'm out of stock now but will be ordering more Monday. Thanks

Spyder Garage

I had a long conversation with Jim on this and there is nothing to be gained either way, the back pressure is the same either way according to the owner.