Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Big City Thunder Baffle

Installed a Big City Thunder Baffle in Lamonster Cat Bypass in hopes of improving mid range performance. This is just what the pipe needed, easy install and is placed mid pipe which is the perfect location. Jim at Big City Thunder was very helpful when I told him what I was wanting to do. I took off an Two Brother System with 1PX and BCT baffle pipe was still to loud for when I have the dogs with me. Before I took the TB pipe off I measured head pipe temperature between the TB system and Lamnots pipe with the BCT baffle installed on my wife's F3 . The TB pipe was 30 degrees hotter than Lamonts measured just below the clamp where the pipe connects to the header. Bottom line is that if you want to change the sound and improve performance go with the Lamonster pipe and BCT baffle you will be very happy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I did this also, made a big improvement. The exhaust tone is now somewhere in the middle between stock and with the bypass installed. Improved the low end torque also.

Spyder Garage

Default Nicely done..!!

very nice set up and from what you say you have improved the sound and performance...perfect..!! one thing I do with those baffels is secure the bolt. Have lost a couple in the past at least the ones in the muffler....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Where do you purchase the baffle from??

Spyder Garage

Call Jim @ Big City Thunder 704.847.1222. You will need the QQ 1 3/4" baffle with sleeve. You will need to grind down the sleeve to fit the pipe, will also need red lock tight for the screw that holds it in the pipe.

Spyder Garage

I believe I'll try one thanks Fencepost.

Spyder Garage

I think you will be pleased with the change.

Spyder Garage

fencepost just installed baffle works great thanks. Can tell difference in throttle

Spyder Garage

Default One of my best mods yet

She has all her power back and runs smoother at low rpm. It also has a deeper sound. The added back pressure has smoothed up the harmonics and seems to removed vibration. This mod is a must when removing cat. Just took a ride through the mountains and Wow.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by one2doo View Post
    She has all her power back and runs smoother at low rpm. It also has a deeper sound. The added back pressure has smoothed up the harmonics and seems to removed vibration. This mod is a must when removing cat. Just took a ride through the mountains and Wow.
    2015 F3 SE6-S
    True Laser Track Alignment
    Bajaron Custom Performance Anti-Sway Bar
    Elka Stage 2 Shocks (Front and Rear)
    Lamonster Performance Exhaust
    Modified Brake Linkage Rear Attachment lowering pedal 1"
    Custom Blue Ridge Modeled Windshield
    Grip Puppies

Some days the supply of available SWEAR WORDS is insufficient to MEET MY DEMANDS.

Spyder Garage

Default sound clips

Hi any chance on a sound clip thinking about doing the same .
    2015 F3S , silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fencepost View Post
    Call Jim @ Big City Thunder 704.847.1222. You will need the QQ 1 3/4" baffle with sleeve. You will need to grind down the sleeve to fit the pipe, will also need red lock tight for the screw that holds it in the pipe.
    What's needed to grind down the sleeve? Does it need to be ground down much?

Thanks

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

The sleeve doesn't have to be ground down too much.
    It would almost fit in the bypass except the welding on the spring retainers made some high spots on the inside of the bypass.
    An upright belt sander will work great on the sleeve.

Spyder Garage

Per Jim @ Big City Thunder the sleeve doesn't need to be used the baffle will work without it. I didn't want the air gap so I got the sleeve, If you don't have the necessary tools don't get the sleeve installation will be a breeze.

Spyder Garage

Default Baffle

Per Jim @ Big City Thunder the sleeve doesn't need to be used the baffle will work without it. I didn't want the air gap so I got the sleeve, If you don't have the necessary tools don't get the sleeve installation will be a breeze.
    Purchased one from Jim and installed it with out the sleeve as per Jim. Works like a charm left the stock muffler on and sounds great . Hoping Yoshimura starts making a muffler for the F3 soon as we have one on or RSS SE5 and love it . Easy install on the baffle , hardest part was the top spring used a cord and looped it and pulled it on .
    2015 F3S , silver

Spyder Garage

I'm being lazy here. Is the 1 3/4" measurement inside or outside? Hate to pull the bypass to measure. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Inside

Spyder Garage

Inside
    Thanks Fence. Gotta order one quick

Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster cat bypass pipe

I installed the cat bypass pipe from Lamonster garage a few days ago. I was finally able to take the bike out for a ride and all I can say is WOW. Throttle response was awesome, bike pulled hard. Now it's time for a big city thunder baffle.

I finally put in the City Thunder baffle and the result were awesome and you don't need the sleeve. Sounds like a sports car. Great bottom end torque and mid range power.
    Last edited by cmarsala; 01-19-2016 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Update

Spyder Garage

Default clarification?

Installed a Big City Thunder Baffle in Lamonster Cat Bypass in hopes of improving mid range performance. This is just what the pipe needed, easy install and is placed mid pipe which is the perfect location. Jim at Big City Thunder was very helpful when I told him what I was wanting to do. I took off an Two Brother System with 1PX and BCT baffle pipe was still to loud for when I have the dogs with me. Before I took the TB pipe off I measured head pipe temperature between the TB system and Lamnots pipe with the BCT baffle installed on my wife's F3 . The TB pipe was 30 degrees hotter than Lamonts measured just below the clamp where the pipe connects to the header. Bottom line is that if you want to change the sound and improve performance go with the Lamonster pipe and BCT baffle you will be very happy.
    So you removed the two brothers and put the stock pipe back on? Are we talking F3 1330 ace? That looks like the same cat delete for my 2015 RTs. Not really understanding what set up was too loud and which is just right?

Spyder Garage

For me the Two Brothers was to loud even with there P1X tip for hauling two dogs. I took the TB off and went with the cat delete pipe, installed the Big City Thunder baffle I had put in the TB pipe and put the OEM muffler back on. Prior to removing the TB setup I compared the exhaust temputure with my wife's F3 with the cat delete pipe with BCT baffle and her exhaust temputure was 30° less. In my option the BCT baffle installed in the cat delete pipe, 998 or 1330, will improve the mid range performance that was lost when the cat was removed.

Spyder Garage

Default Sound

I installed the cat bypass and I do not like the new sound. It almost sounds like an exhaust leak but it isnt and I still have the stock muffler. It reminds me of those mufflers young kids put on their 4 cylinder cars and they sound like boat motors that needs alot of work. The first time the wife rode with me after installing it, she said, " What is that sound ". I said that is our new exhaust sound. She said why did you do that and I had to give her the same answer that I usually give her which is, ;I dont know ".. Then of course she said, well, that was real smart,,, Would this baffle get rid of that sound and take it back more to the original sound?
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBob2015 View Post
    I installed the cat bypass and I do not like the new sound. It almost sounds like an exhaust leak but it isnt and I still have the stock muffler. It reminds me of those mufflers young kids put on their 4 cylinder cars and they sound like boat motors that needs alot of work. The first time the wife rode with me after installing it, she said, " What is that sound ". I said that is our new exhaust sound. She said why did you do that and I had to give her the same answer that I usually give her which is, ;I dont know ".. Then of course she said, well, that was real smart,,, Would this baffle get rid of that sound and take it back more to the original sound?
    Thanks
    I found the sound to be somewhere in the middle, and low end and gas mileage much better.

Spyder Garage

Default ANY SOUNDS?

Would you happend to have a sound clip of the new sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave7691 View Post
    Purchased one from Jim and installed it with out the sleeve as per Jim. Works like a charm left the stock muffler on and sounds great . Hoping Yoshimura starts making a muffler for the F3 soon as we have one on or RSS SE5 and love it . Easy install on the baffle , hardest part was the top spring used a cord and looped it and pulled it on .

Spyder Garage

I have 4 heading my way for testing and I became a dealer. I'll be shooting a before and after sound clip and I'll keep stock of these if they do what everyone says. I'm not unhappy with we sell now but if this will make it better I'm in.