Spyder Garage

Default Blue Ridge/ X-creen Pictures and Tips!

Some pictures of the BR with X-creen.
    I like the contours and looks of the Blue Ridge windshield BUT its a shame they didn't make a version 2" Higher and a 3rd model 4" higher because that would have satisfied a awful lot of people without needing the X-creen?

A couple tips-
    Glue (of your Choice) the 6 rubber washers to the 3 different mounting surfaces BEFORE you mount the windshield because if you get half way through and a rubber washer falls down- Oh Crap???

Have a 8mm small closed end wrench to hold the nuts behind the windshield while you tighten from the front.

Its also helps to round out the 6 mounting holes on the windshield a "little" with you drill because it will ease installation.

If you do not get the Half C shape washers that go between the 2 support arms and the lower frame you can get a couple large rubber washers at Lowe's and cut the perimeter down to size.

It works fine and I felt it was the Best of the 3 Options but your experience may vary?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sarge707; 09-05-2015 at 07:46 AM.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default Well done..!!

Thanks for the tips...looks great and must do the trick for you. I have a smaller vesion on my RS and it make a big difference on the freeway, only uses it then... congrats..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Looks like you drilled and bolted your xcreen to the windshield. I thought I read they had a clamp on version of this shield?

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Looks like you drilled and bolted your xcreen to the windshield. I thought I read they had a clamp on version of this shield?
    They do have a clamp on But its about $30 more expensive and from the reviews I trusted it would work.
    The X-creen is Great because if your going back roads on a hot day you can lower it and Put it up for Highway Cruising.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!