Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Spare Parts

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    Great, Dealer called to say Waterpump on back order until end of October (at least). For now I have a 20k+ paper weight. Now that's a great way to run a business, no spare parts!!!
    I have a 2012 RT-SE5 that recently required replacement of the multifunction display. $1065, I was told, and wouldn't 'ya know, the dealership's parts department didn't have any of those in stock, either. And none available evidently from nearby dealerships. So that had to be ordered from BRP. I had thought, hopefully, it was just a loose connection behind the display, easily and inexpensively repaired. I told the finanancial institution that was kind enough to finance the Spyder, that they had a financed vehicle that was going to spend the rest of the year on a battery tender, as it couldn't be used. So they came up with a check for the dealership for the new part and the labor. $961.02 for part and labor combined with the veteran's discount.

Spyder Garage

Default water pump

My water pump was replaced on Friday. I looked at the old one and it was leaking around where the top hose goes in. It looks like the thermostat is built into the water pump housing where the top hose goes into it. Not good if you just need to replace a thermostat. Pump cast 249.99. 2 hours labor. I'm glad it was under warranty.
    2015 F3-S
    2015 F3S , Black/Chrome