Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Can Am Spyder F3 waterpump failure

Took my F3 to the Dealer for first service early at 2400 miles because of Coolant leak. It has been determaned by Dealer and Can Am rep that the waterpump and seals are failing. Parts are on order.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...hlight=sealant

Spyder Garage

Hoping this is a one time glitch and that your F3 will be up and running quickly.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Hoping this is a one time glitch and that your F3 will be up and running quickly.

yes hoping this is not the start of problems to come for me and other F3 owners

Spyder Garage

Default Ahhh...!!

parts.. sorry to here your ryde is down. Do hope they put a rush on those parts and keep you running smoothly soon.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Great, Dealer called to say Waterpump on back order until end of October (at least). For now I have a 20k+ paper weight. Now that's a great way to run a business, no spare parts!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    Great, Dealer called to say Waterpump on back order until end of October (at least). For now I have a 20k+ paper weight. Now that's a great way to run a business, no spare parts!!!
    From the pictures in your other thread on this topic. It was not leaking very much. Why can't you drive it until the parts come in?

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I hope this is not the beginning of a trend for the 1330 motor. I had rotten luck with my 2014 RTS that overheated 3 times in the first 850 miles. I was so frustrated after a nearly month long "trouble shooting" delay the 3rd time that I asked them to make me a deal on an F3, which they did. I checked back with the mtx guys and they said that BRP finally gave permission to change out the water pump and the heat sensor. Supposedly that took care of it. So far my F3 is working great. Keeping my fingers crossed! Hope they find a solution for your machine. Good luck!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Pictures were before dealer tried to fix it.

Spyder Garage

Pictures were before dealer tried to fix it.
    So it's in pieces then. Got it.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

A favorite rant--and it's been awhile.

Dealers that take the apart in order to "stake their claim" and then discover--whoops--we have to order the parts. Then...the parts are backordered until 2020 (kind of like the Elio).

When I bought my 2014 1330, the oil change kits were backordered at first. I ended up buying two from Pitbull in MO so that I could get my oil changed here in AK.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I cant fault the dealer for trying to fix the issue, what I cant forgive is spare parts not being available from BRP. They say October which probably means December. You cant tell me they cant find one to pull from the assembly line? Come on guys!!!! Not acceptable!

Spyder Garage

Default Try this..!!

Go to cheapcycleparts.com and see if they have stock. They seem to be better stocked than brp on oem parts...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Go to cheapcycleparts.com and see if they have stock. They seem to be better stocked than brp on oem parts...
    I tried that and this was Cheapcycleparts reply. Now its a waiting game.

"Sorry for the inconvenience however that part is on Back order from the manufacturer so we are unable to get that part as of right now. Once it becomes available we can order that and have it sent to us. If there is anything else we can do for you please let us know and we will do our best to help you out. Have a nice day.
    Thanks, Sean"

Spyder Garage

We're sunk...lol it's the waiting game I guess. We tried....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default loaner

I'd have thought you would be offered a loan bike for the time you have to wait - which is a ridiculously long time I think. I presume you have asked for this ... I also presume you've given brp care a heads-up on this and perhaps a personal call to expedite the part ? Squeaky gates get the oil .. and it does seem called for in this instance.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dealer said he has no loaner Spyders. I may try calling BRP directly but they normally come back with "contact your local dealer"

Spyder Garage

I would strongly suggest your dealer put your bike back together using the leaky water pump. If the leak was not so bad you could ride it in the mean time. They really should not have disassembled it without parts to finish the job.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It is back together but still leaking. Dealer said I ride at my own risk if engine blows due to poor cooling its on me.

Spyder Garage

Just keep coolant in it.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Water pump finally came in yesterday for my F3 and got it installed today. 6 weeks to get the part. I’m glad these things don’t come from china!!!!!!
    It was about a 2 hour job and Dealer gave me their Demo RT to ride around until it was fixed. The dealer said that the demo's have to have at least 600 miles before they can sell the demo at demo price so they needed some miles on it. I put about 100 miles on it. Great machine but after riding the F3 it felt very cramped as soon as I got in the seat and i am only 5 feet 4 inches.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

so I finally got my Water Pump replace in October 2015 and have ridden it about 30 times since with no problems. The last time about 2 weeks ago. Finally a nice day in Colorado today, pulled my F3 out from the garage and there was a CD size pool of Coolant that had leaked. Can not tell where its coming from this time. Now the question is, was it just run off due perhaps of an over fill by the Dealer and as the temperature dropped to almost 0 degrees and then back up to 60 degrees is it just over flow reacting to the temperature?

The coolant level is still fine. The only thing a guess is to report my concern to the dealer and keep an eye on it until I can have the dealer take a look at it.

Spyder Garage

Dealer had to replace main wiring harness and water pump with less than 3k.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

ahhhhhhhhhhhh I was wondering if I was the only one

Spyder Garage

Angry Water Pump

I just had my 2015 F3s SE6 go into Hi heat mode while idling in my driveway. Found coolant low after it cooled down. When I replaced the coolant I found leaks at the water pump. It only has 2600 miles on it. Dealer will look at on Friday. I have to call triple A to get it there. I hope I don't miss the summer with this. Bye the way I have the Best warranty on the bike.
    2015 F3-S
    2015 F3S , Black/Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm not sweating a damn thing with my F3s. If it turns into a mechanical nightmare like my Harley was I'll sell it for what I can get and run back to Honda and beg for forgiveness. If I had to wait till October to ride my bike again it would be gone like a fart in the wind and I would bash Can Am every chance I could. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. My thoughts.