Lancaster PA transplant (Southern born and bred)
    Spyder Garage

Default Headlights to LED's?

Is there anyway to change the bulbs in the headlights of a 2009 RS SE5 to LED's by just changing the bulb? I ordered several hundreds of $$'s from Custom Dynamics and changed the turn signals, made my side reflectors into lights, etc., etc. but did nothing with the headlights.

Also, when I changed out the bulbs on my rear turn signals, there was a pack of wiring (load equalizer?) that you could install but if you did, your emergency flashers wouldn't work. I left it off. I guess this was ok to do?

This is my first motorcycle, so it's a slow learning process and a lot of the technical things are still confusing.

2015 F3-S SE6

Spyder Garage

Look for a local Cycle Gear to check a version out in person, but yes you can. They come with a mini adapter harness, but not sure it contends with the high beam solenoid. It's a issue of room to fit for some headlight assemblies on some bikes, but the spyder has a tube shaped housing so it should be OK. A few brands out there of this, it's becoming popular. Real wattage cutter, nanny may have a fit with it seeing the power loss, she didn't like my LED brake lights, but is okay with the turn signals.
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

I'm looking at all the different options too. Has anybody tried these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/80W-CREE-4th...5463f9&vxp=mtr
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

KB Carstuff is a site sponsor and has a full line of replacement bulbs including LED. It looks like your bulb is a H7. Here is a link to the H7 page. http://www.xenondepot.com/H7-automot...lbs-s/1054.htm

2018 F3 LIMITED