Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    You may have just misunderstood my tongue-in-cheek remark. I wasn't talking about courtesy and mutual respect, nor was Jack in his comment I was referring to. We were talking about people who say what they believe others want to hear, rather than what they really believe. You can certainly be courteous and respectful without having to resort to that.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I sometimes lose my place in line and thought I had missed a new social trend.
    Kraut “Not all who wander are lost” – J.R.R. Tolkien

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by beadaholic View Post
    I know one of the people banned on here and he has been super duper helpful to me. By him being banned it has taken alot away in the form of "help and advice" for me. I personally have not found him to be bullying anyone, but I haven't read all threads on here. But I think that by him being removed the loss is great because his ideas, fixes and advice are a treasure, money saving most of the time, spot on, and I have parts on their way to me here in Mexico because of him and his help! I wish he was here because he had me coming back again and again because he was so friendly and helpful.

I'm friendly and helpful....and I try very hard not to pee on anyone's tires.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    Frank? Is that you?

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    I knew someone was missing from this thread. I don't think Mike is a bully, at least not intentionally. He lacks a filter between his brain and his typing finger. I know he has helped a lot of people with his gadgets. He does come off as "mean" at times, but I don't think he " means " to.
    The Boss started this thread on the 4th. If Mike's account has been shut down for a week; he can have it fired back up by asking...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The Boss started this thread on the 4th. If Mike's account has been shut down for a week; he can have it fired back up by asking...
    The Mike being referred to is BlueKnight, right? I agree that sometimes his comments came across a little insensitive, know-it-all, and in an in-your-face way, but I sure wouldn't put him in a bullying classification. He's just one of those guys who have a hard time understanding why others can't be as resourceful and inventive as he is, and says so in so many words. But a bully, no, not in my book.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

From the words of Sargent Schulz "I know nothing" "Nothing"

Spyder Garage

I have not always agreed with, but I like Mike. I do not consider him to be a bully either. Hoping he is back soon.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I think that without Mike on this forum it will be so boring that I may have to find somewhere else to play. We haven't always agreed but I know that Mike is not a bully or unkind, in fact he is one of the most helpful people on SL. I would much prefer to read his comments then to read the ones from people that have nothing to add to a conversation but they post anyway. A week or so ago there was a thread that got rather heated and someone threatened to report Mike for his posts on that thread, I guess they followed through with their threat, I hope they're happy. Edit: Actually, I don't hope they are happy at all.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I think that without Mike on this forum it will be so boring that I may have to find somewhere else to play. We haven't always agreed but I know that Mike is not a bully or unkind, in fact he is one of the most helpful people on SL. I would much prefer to read his comments then to read the ones from people that have nothing to add to a conversation but they post anyway. A week or so ago there was a thread that got rather heated and someone threatened to report Mike for his posts on that thread, I guess they followed through with their threat, I hope they're happy. Edit: Actually, I don't hope they are happy at all.
    Bullys should not be tolerated. Period. Was this guy Bluenight a bully? I haven't been around long enough to comment but he seemed to be one of the most helpful folks on this board. His manner wasn't all that smooth but I get that as I come from the same camp. Hope he shows back up. The thing that gets me the most discouraged is looking for information and seeing countless posts by the same person or persons that add absolutely nothing to the discussion and worse, the emoticons, videos and pictures by these same folks with other folks endlessly quoting and including these emoticons, videos and pictures. Obviously some folks enjoy the rabbit trails of attempted humor; I don't. I am not here to tell folks how to comport themselves but it really discourages me from taking part as it just annoys me to have to page through endless clutter by a few individuals. Not my intention to offend, just letting you know how I feel.
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM5

Spyder Garage

wiredgeorge,

Let me just say, EXCELLENT.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pampurrs View Post
    Frank? Is that you?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

The explanation given by Lamont in his original post seems pretty clear and self evident to me.
    Many views of the thread seem more than appropriate. Many responses....maybe yes, maybe no.
    Having said that, I guess I'm obligated to add my opinion to the mix.

There is a big difference between being a bully and being an ass-wipe.
    Nevertheless, they share one common characteristic: They both irk me beyond words.
    That's why I use the "ignore" button.

End Of Line.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Keep up the good work! No dumb questions if you don't know the answer.

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Mike is Mike. That is unique in itself. Doubt anything will get him to change the way he is. If he could take it easier with the new folks until they got used to him it would be better.....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaman View Post
    As a kinda of new member I just want to add my two cents to the post. I joined a few months ago as soon as I purchased a spyder. I do not post much because i'm afraid of being blasted out of the water by some for asking a dumb question I come here for help.
    There is NO SUCH THING as a dumb question.
    Only DUMB ANSWERS.

We are all ignorant about something or other. The only way to be educated is to ask questions.
    A helpful person will share their knowledge with you, something I've found extraordinarily helpful on this board. I hope I've been able to give back even a small portion of the help I've received.
    I guess some of the bullying goes on when people use knowledge as a weapon instead of a tool. Those are some of the people I have on my ignore list.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) cohoff's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default In support of Mike

I am not mechanically nor technically inclined and I have made several posts asking for assistance. Each and every time it was Mike who took the time to thoroughly and simply explain the steps I needed to take to rectify the problem I was having. Not once did he ever talk to me in a condescending manner. I appreciated the patience he showed with me. In my book, he is an asset to this forum.
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZCACOIDILINIAKSKYMDMIMNMOMTNENVNMNCOHORPASDTNUTVA  WAWVWIWYmed.jpg

Spyder Garage

I'm sure (Hoping) Mike will be back. Although him and I have had our cross words, he has been helpful to me and to many others on this forum.

We all have our different personalities and dispositions, and sometimes can come across as being ugly when we are only trying to convey information or a point of view. The problem with electronic media is that nobody can see your body language or facial expressions when you post. What may be meant as friendly chiding, could be taken as brow beating. Conversely, things that are said in a face to face or social setting that are meant in jest or friendly scolding, normally result in laughter. In the absence of that personal contact, those same friendly words can be construed in a completely different way.

Yes, I had my Snickers before I posted this comment.

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

Default I soooooo agree

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Yep agree with Ann...personally Mike has always been verrrrryyyyy helpful and generous. Bully is a term I would never EVER apply to Mike or his posts. Abrupt, showing frustrations, types what he thinks? Yep those would apply...but BULLY never ever and I know what bullying is and it sure isn't Mike. And I for one would luv to see him back on SL's...but we have lost other great contributors because of thin skinned, over sensitive reactions from readers. My personal position is you don't have to like what a person posts...and as long as I have the right to "block" that person then that is all the 'control' I need. Just how I see life. And yep my life rolls pretty darned peaceful!!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Default I agree also

If he stays away he will be missed as he has been very helpful here. Early on I had a disagreement with him and just let it be, as I personaly did not know him and figured it was just the way he sounded like on this forum. I figured that as much as he tried to help folks looking for solutions that in person he was probably a great guy. I kind of liked his short and to the point approach and always hoped somday on a trip to the "other" Coast I might even get to meet him.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Murphy brown quote:
    "Abrupt, showing frustrations, types what he thinks? Yep those would apply...but BULLY never ever and I know what bullying is and it sure isn't Mike. And I for one would luv to see him back on SL's.."

I think Mike, knowing a little of his background, (LE), and what he's seen and put up with over his career can make a person a little less tolerant of Dumb, been there done that. He has helped me with his suggestions, instructions etc. and it was much appreciated. I too do not appreciate censorship just because someone's sensitivities were allegedly stepped on, in fact overly sensitive people are becoming a pain in the Butt. Get over it and enjoy a great forum.
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.

The Older I get the Better I Was.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gator37 View Post
    Murphy brown quote:
    "Abrupt, showing frustrations, types what he thinks? Yep those would apply...but BULLY never ever and I know what bullying is and it sure isn't Mike. And I for one would luv to see him back on SL's.."

I think Mike, knowing a little of his background, (LE), and what he's seen and put up with over his career can make a person a little less tolerant of Dumb, been there done that. He has helped me with his suggestions, instructions etc. and it was much appreciated. I too do not appreciate censorship just because someone's sensitivities were allegedly stepped on, in fact overly sensitive people are becoming a pain in the Butt. Get over it and enjoy a great forum.

We have several folks on here that are current or former LE (Law Enforcement), that is no excuse for being rude. I have never thought of Mike as a bully, but he has a tendency towards being rude especially to newer Spyder Lovers. I hope if he comes back that he will have a snickers before posting.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer