Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    This board is suppose to be fun and informational. At times it can get heated on some subjects but still remain civil. There are some that have thinner skin than others but there are also some members here that have taken to being a bully to the point members are wanting their accounts deleted. This is not acceptable here and I'm done asking these bullying members to play nice. If you want to keep poking other members with a stick or be rude or demeaning to our members I'm going to start by deactivating your account for a week. After a week you can email or PM me asking to be given your posting privileges back. I will activate your account only if you promise to play nice. If you are reported again I will remove you as a member. If you try and get around the system and create a new account under a new name I will remove and ban all your accounts and you will never see this board again.

I hate to have to do this but my hand has been forced. I've tried to let these folks work it out but in their mind their doing nothing wrong. If enough people complain about the same members then they are doing something wrong. I hate babysitting grown folks but I'm not going to let SpyderLovers be run into the ground by the action of just a few. Play nice or play somewhere else, I'm done trying to reason with you guys.
    thanks Lamont it is a bit of a problem on here I have rode for 50 years now and I have a lot of experience and I knowledge to share but my words don't alway come across right , I loved this site in the beginning for all the great info like the correct spring to fix the frunk all the hand brakes that people built and so on now when I try to add to the descussion many times I get pounded on by a few that feel that this is there site I is frustrating but o well so I don't say anything So I am glad you brought this up as I don't post just to see myself post I only try to add if it's something I have first hand knowledge of
    2 happy happy spyders

Spyder Garage

Default Where?

I don't see it either. Is it on the RT boards? Don't go there much.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    I don't see it either. Is it on the RT boards? Don't go there much.
    Likely! You know how cranky those old people can get!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Hey, is that stereotyping? Is that a step up or below bullying?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Hey, is that stereotyping? Is that a step up or below bullying?
    It's way below! People who stereotype are... usually correct.

And no, it's NOT on the RT boards. At least I don't see it there. We old folks usually have the wisdom and the patience to get along with each other. We only get crotchety when some know-it-all young'n tries to tell us what to do.
    Last edited by robmorg; 09-07-2015 at 10:05 AM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Well this thread has been interesting to say the least. There is some truth to what Lamont is trying to express but on the other hand he is threatening to ban people from this site for "Bullying. Isn't this a form of bullying?
    I have seen maybe a half dozen post's that were downright abusive and did not belong here. When it comes to sensitivity there are approximately 15,000 different levels on this forum. Some are highly sensitive, some have little or no sensitivity.
    With words, no one can "hurt" you unless YOU yourself allow them to. Thus individual sensitivity. Too much sensitivity does not allow one to express himself or leads to the extreme of hateful lashing out.
    I always try to add a little humor as do others on this forum to keep it fun and interesting. If it weren't for the serial posters and the different personalities this would be a very boring site and perhaps a lot smaller and less visited site.
    I certainly understand Lamont's point of view and responsibility but the fun and bantering is what makes this site interesting.
    When you sign on to a site remember not everyone reading or posting will have the same sensitivity as you. On the other hand if you post only what you think everyone wants to hear and not what you feel are you truly being yourself and expressing an opinion? I want to hear what you really think with some restraint not to outright target another personality. I do enjoy the different personalities on here including the good, the bad, and yes even the ugly!

Jack
    Last edited by jaherbst; 09-07-2015 at 10:44 AM.
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    This board is suppose to be fun and informational. At times it can get heated on some subjects but still remain civil. There are some that have thinner skin than others but there are also some members here that have taken to being a bully to the point members are wanting their accounts deleted. This is not acceptable here and I'm done asking these bullying members to play nice. If you want to keep poking other members with a stick or be rude or demeaning to our members I'm going to start by deactivating your account for a week. After a week you can email or PM me asking to be given your posting privileges back. I will activate your account only if you promise to play nice. If you are reported again I will remove you as a member. If you try and get around the system and create a new account under a new name I will remove and ban all your accounts and you will never see this board again.

I hate to have to do this but my hand has been forced. I've tried to let these folks work it out but in their mind their doing nothing wrong. If enough people complain about the same members then they are doing something wrong. I hate babysitting grown folks but I'm not going to let SpyderLovers be run into the ground by the action of just a few. Play nice or play somewhere else, I'm done trying to reason with you guys.
    Absolutely SPOT-ON!!
    Kraut “Not all who wander are lost” – J.R.R. Tolkien

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    ...if you post only what you think everyone wants to hear and not what you feel are you truly being yourself and expressing an opinion? I want to hear what you really think with some restraint not to outright target another personality. I do enjoy the different personalities on here including the good, the bad, and yes even the ugly!

Jack
    Well said, Jack. I agree that "politically correct" people are boring.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

I got lost in time I guess. When did courtesy, and mutual respect become political correctness?
    Kraut “Not all who wander are lost” – J.R.R. Tolkien

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CanAmChris View Post
    In the end it simply comes down to individual humans and how they would act if they knew no one could see them.

The vast majority of people act in a civil manner in a public setting. They do so because society has taught them that not acting civil has consequences. The least of which, no one wants to be friends with you. The worst, you go to jail.

Along comes the internet with anonymity for all.

It's scary what people will say to each other when they know that there are no consequences.

They will say horrible things and chuckle in front of their computer screen, as if it is some kind of victory, while they type words they would NEVER, EVER, say to the anonymous person they are replying to if they met them face to face.

I love this forum. I might not post for months but I am always checking in and watching.

It really comes down to how you act. If you are a d-bag and want to defend your elitist or anecdotal idea at all costs, I suggest you visit reddit. They will welcome you.

If you want to share knowledge and encourage people, please stay here. Be advised that you will need to share knowledge over and over again on different posts, as so many of the best ones have.

CAC
    Well said!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Some folks are pretty cappy at times

Someone trying to get in to Spyder dom could be put off big time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've been staying out of this until now. So I'll say some of the same things as others:

I haven't noticed any bullying. But if someone feels they're being bullied, it should stop. I hope whoever is the culprit will learn a lesson and be able to come back soon.

I hope if I've offended anyone, they'll let me know directly and I'll apologize.

I love this forum and want others to enjoy it as much as I do.

It's Lamont's ball and he sets the rules. He can kick anyone out of the game he wants.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Seems about once a year a reminder to "mind your manners" has to be posted . I think some of this comes from peeps which are also on some of the gaming platforms where confrontation and flaming is accepted. Some gaming platforms are trying to stop the practice with limited success. This has always been a very civil site with very few exceptions. Thanks for maintaining it .
    2015 RTSE, Red Pearl, Shorty Antenna, Chrome Rear Rack, Deer Whistles, BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Yeah ..................... Good for what???

Cruzr Joe

Um....

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

i found saying i am sorry didn't work for me, and i was right but said sorry anyway. but that's how my ball bounces
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kraut View Post
    I got lost in time I guess. When did courtesy, and mutual respect become political correctness?
    You may have just misunderstood my tongue-in-cheek remark. I wasn't talking about courtesy and mutual respect, nor was Jack in his comment I was referring to. We were talking about people who say what they believe others want to hear, rather than what they really believe. You can certainly be courteous and respectful without having to resort to that.
    Last edited by robmorg; 09-07-2015 at 01:24 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    uploadfromtaptalk1441650348579.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I've been staying out of this until now. So I'll say some of the same things as others:

I haven't noticed any bullying. But if someone feels they're being bullied, it should stop. I hope whoever is the culprit will learn a lesson and be able to come back soon.

I hope if I've offended anyone, they'll let me know directly and I'll apologize.

I love this forum and want others to enjoy it as much as I do.

It's Lamont's ball and he sets the rules. He can kick anyone out of the game he wants.
    Did somebody get banned? I've been out riding all day. Did I miss it?

Spyder Garage

I know one of the people banned on here and he has been super duper helpful to me. By him being banned it has taken alot away in the form of "help and advice" for me. I personally have not found him to be bullying anyone, but I haven't read all threads on here. But I think that by him being removed the loss is great because his ideas, fixes and advice are a treasure, money saving most of the time, spot on, and I have parts on their way to me here in Mexico because of him and his help! I wish he was here because he had me coming back again and again because he was so friendly and helpful.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT SM6 with 400 miles 5/2015, 1800 8/5/2015, 3000 8/30/2015
    Farkles: Techmount Cell Phone Holder, Drink2Go Cup Holder, Hopnel Saddlebag Liner, Hopnel Trunk Liners, Hopnel 3 Lid Net Set, Utopia Backrest, MIKE'S Brake Pedal, LED Pods Lights, LED Tip Bulbs, JT's Dash Mount & Special Selfie Stick on Bike, GoPro Camera, Bajaron Sway Bar, LED Skid Plate, Belt Protector Guard, Mike's Speakers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by beadaholic View Post
    I know one of the people banned on here and he has been super duper helpful to me. By him being banned it has taken alot away in the form of "help and advice" for me. I personally have not found him to be bullying anyone, but I haven't read all threads on here. But I think that by him being removed the loss is great because his ideas, fixes and advice are a treasure, money saving most of the time, spot on, and I have parts on their way to me here in Mexico because of him and his help! I wish he was here because he had me coming back again and again because he was so friendly and helpful.
    That's really sad to hear. I dispise censorship

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

Default Blueknight

Quote Originally Posted by beadaholic View Post
    I knew someone was missing from this thread. I don't think Mike is a bully, at least not intentionally. He lacks a filter between his brain and his typing finger. I know he has helped a lot of people with his gadgets. He does come off as "mean" at times, but I don't think he " means " to.
    Last edited by coz; 09-07-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Spyder Garage

I miss him! He is my big brother type and teacher! I appreciate him very much.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT SM6 with 400 miles 5/2015, 1800 8/5/2015, 3000 8/30/2015
    Farkles: Techmount Cell Phone Holder, Drink2Go Cup Holder, Hopnel Saddlebag Liner, Hopnel Trunk Liners, Hopnel 3 Lid Net Set, Utopia Backrest, MIKE'S Brake Pedal, LED Pods Lights, LED Tip Bulbs, JT's Dash Mount & Special Selfie Stick on Bike, GoPro Camera, Bajaron Sway Bar, LED Skid Plate, Belt Protector Guard, Mike's Speakers

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    I knew someone was missing from this thread. I don't think Mike is a bully, at least not intentionally. He lacks a filter between his brain and his typing finger. I know he has helped a lot of people with his gadgets. He does come off as "mean" at times, but I don't think he " means " to.
    Very true coz, Mike and I have had some disagreements and back and forth banter in the past, but none of it was ever personal. Just a few guys disagreeing about a common hobby and butting heads....nothing more.

Sad not to see him here as I know he has done a lot to try to help a lot of folks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk