Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

A good admin guides only as much as he has to and Lamont, you are one of the best. Everyone has different levels of having their feelings hurt and sometimes it is hard to see things from the other persons' perspective. What I usually do is back off on a subject that others disagree on. We are all adults, and as such I doubt we are gong to radically change the way we are. Just agree to disagree and let it go....

Spyder Garage

Default Great job so far....

I've been coming here almost daily for quite a while and find this forum has always been well maintained. But if its creator and moderator feels the need for closer scrutiny, so be it!
    Thanks Lamont, for continuing to keep your attention on this fantastic little slice of the interwebs!!!
    Last edited by NorCalBud; 09-04-2015 at 03:39 PM.
    ~'12 RT Limited, Pearl White~
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Squared Away Laser Alignment
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, Front Fender Tips & Kit, Front Mud Flap LEDs, Amber & Red Brightsides, Tri-color Magicflex Channelz
    Lidlox Grip Tip Helmet Locks
    TricLED Mirror Signals, RGB Multi-color Halo Underground Effects Kit, LED Headlights
    Palmer Signs Custom "Captain America" frunk graphics
    Twisted Chrome Pinstripes
    Overland Australian Sheepskin Seat Cover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    A good admin guides only as much as he has to and Lamont, you are one of the best.
    At the risk of seeming like a brown-nose... I agree with that.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Hi Lamonster,

Re: Play nice or play somewhere else

Overall: Good for you for doing this. It needs to be done if it is perceived that things are getting out of hand.

I, personally, do not care for some of the decisions that you have made regarding this site; but, it is your site & your rules.

A couple of lifetimes ago, when I was in Basic Training, SSgt Don A. Willocks said, 'If you don't like the rules, don't play the game.'

If you ever think I'm getting out of line, just let me know.

This site could be better, but it is very good.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

I've been here for 8 years, seen a lot of good people come on, and some leave. I tried other sites, but none of them have the "family" feel that this one does. Thank you, Lamont, for this site, and for all you do.

john

Spyder Garage

Default bully's

This is a great website, keep up the good job!

Spyder Garage

Default Who me..??

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Gene,
    Are you "kissing-up" to the Boss?
    You think... every once in a while I speak the truth...and this is one of them...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll give you this one...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

As a kinda of new member I just want to add my two cents to the post. I joined a few months ago as soon as I purchased a spyder. I do not post much because i'm afraid of being blasted out of the water by some for asking a dumb question I come here for help. Sometimes I can find it in a search function but often can't so instead of asking I just let it go. There are only so many topics we can discuss, so we have to cover them over and over, which I find okay. I don't have to look to hard to find the one I want. I'm a member of several message boards but rarely go to them anymore because of seeing people being crusified for asking the simple questions. There are some knowledgeable people on here and I love to hear what they say. I do all of my work on the bike except the computer stuff and I have received a lot of good help here and thank all for it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    What doesn't kill you, just makes you even happier to be alive!
    What doesn't kill you only prolongs the inevitable. ..
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

Moderating an Internet forum is a thankless and time consuming task. I've been a member of forums administered by Lamont for many years dating back to my Goldwing days, and he's always done a superb job. Thank you Lamont, for providing all of us with a valuable, useful, and powerful tool for the dissemination of information about our favorite pastime.
    2014 RTS , Spyderpops oversized brake pedal Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I could forARd you to a musiic line I go to.. but I will be nice tonight

so I'll just post this

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaman View Post
    I do not post much because i'm afraid of being blasted out of the water by some for asking a dumb question I come here for help. Sometimes I can find it in a search function but often can't so instead of asking I just let it go.
    The ones who irritate me are those who come on and ask a question without making any attempt to search. If you have made some effort at searching, or even just browsing, say so, and then ask away. Sometimes searching on here can be frustrating, especially when a key word is only three letters long. The search function won't accept 3 or fewer letters. If you have made some effort at searching, or can't figure out what search terms to use, let us know. We'll be more than happy to either answer, or give the search hints you need, or maybe even a search results URL.

Sometimes the best way to search is to use Google. The search string is the format keyword1 keyword2 etc. site:spyderlovers.com. This will even find the 2 and 3 letter words the forum search won't.

We gladly help those who make an effort to help themselves. It's the 100% lazy ones who get snipped at.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    Sometimes the best way to search is to use Google. The search string is the format keyword1 keyword2 etc. site:spyderlovers.com. This will even find the 2 and 3 letter words the forum search won't.
    GREAT tip. Thanks.

The "less than perfect" search engine in this forum is not Lamont's fault, by the way. It's the search engine built into the forum software. I've been frustrated by this in other forums that use the same software.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Default Life is TOO Short!

For those of us who have been here awhile, you can see the ebb and flow.

Sometimes it's calm as a lake in the morning. Other times it's KOWABUNGA! Surf's Up!

Enjoy when it's smooth sailing. Hang 10 when the waves get high!

It's all good! If you can just step back and take a deep breath....

We'er here to ride... Not tan each other's hide!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default Not the spyder way!

Is sad but thankfully we have Lamont. Hope we dont see more bullys as spyders convert from HD. Now to just NOT give the bullys the attention (their poor little ego's NEED)

2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Sounds good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Bullying

Well said Lamont. Keep up the good work.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    The ones who irritate me are those who come on and ask a question without making any attempt to search. If you have made some effort at searching, or even just browsing, say so, and then ask away. Sometimes searching on here can be frustrating, especially when a key word is only three letters long. The search function won't accept 3 or fewer letters. If you have made some effort at searching, or can't figure out what search terms to use, let us know. We'll be more than happy to either answer, or give the search hints you need, or maybe even a search results URL.

We gladly help those who make an effort to help themselves. It's the 100% lazy ones who get snipped at.

I had no idea you could search site specific that way! Thanks.

Spyder Garage

I like the one about HD converts being the bully
    Ha ha

I won't bite that bait[emoji56]

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    I've been here for 8 years, seen a lot of good people come on, and some leave. I tried other sites, but none of them have the "family" feel that this one does. Thank you, Lamont, for this site, and for all you do. john
    First time I have been here in probably a year. I don't mind other peoples opinions, it was the mindless commenting that offered no value that bugged me. You still have to wade through that, to get to the important stuff when you search for a topic but I really know of no solution, so I just stopped visiting.

I google my question first and if it points here, I will come here, but to be honest there a lot of sources of information now as the Spyders have become more popular.

I have been on websites that cap the number of posts a person can make in a 24/hour period and that seems to hold the drivel down. But that is just my opinion. Personally, I don't come here to read daily like I did at the beginning. Most of vendor sponsors pop up on my Google or Bing searches when I look for products they happen to sell and that is good. I did like seeing what the vendors had to offer here - and I love well written opinions about their products - but if I have to scroll down the page to find those opinions it gets tiresome. I did post 3 or 4 times today, but that isn't too bad since I haven't been here for such a long time. It is the people who post 3 or 4 times an hour (or more) that drove me away.
    Last edited by Knarfoh; 09-05-2015 at 06:39 AM.

Spyder Garage

There coming to America--
    Today!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't understand how someone can feel bullied on an internet forum, or more importantly why someone would let a stranger on a forum make them feel bullied. Heck, most of you here hate me and some of us have had it out, but I've never felt bullied or even given any of it a second thought. Most times its all been laughable, but never personal.

As long as the comments aren't threatening I just don't see it. Some people just have very thin skin. This isn't 5th grade. Sometimes we need to be told we are doing something stupid, or are being a brainless idiot.

While this isn't my show, Heavy handed moderation can be the venom that can take down a forum in short order. One of the "banned" didn't deserve it.....jmho.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    I don't understand how someone can feel bullied on an internet forum, or more importantly why someone would let a stranger on a forum make them feel bullied. Heck, most of you here hate me and some of us have had it out, but I've never felt bullied or even given any of it a second thought. Most times its all been laughable, but never personal.

As long as the comments aren't threatening I just don't see it. Some people just have very thin skin. This isn't 5th grade. Sometimes we need to be told we are doing something stupid, or are being a brainless idiot.

While this isn't my show, Heavy handed moderation can be the venom that can take down a forum in short order. One of the "banned" didn't deserve it.....jmho.
    I tend to agree. It's an internet forum, for petes sake. If one takes offense, don't read it, or grow a thicker skin. After all, what offends Billy may be useful to Jack. Roger may find Barry's comments humorous, while Freddie thinks theyare stupid. Me, I read what I want and ignore the rest. If someone attempts to make me cry, I move on with no offense taken from someone I don't even know.

All of this political correctness bullshoot is making sissies of us all. For the health of our country, this has to stop.

All I can say is, we are all aduts, so let's all grow up and act like it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaman View Post
    As a kinda of new member I just want to add my two cents to the post. I joined a few months ago as soon as I purchased a spyder. I do not post much because i'm afraid of being blasted out of the water by some for asking a dumb question I come here for help. Sometimes I can find it in a search function but often can't so instead of asking I just let it go. There are only so many topics we can discuss, so we have to cover them over and over, which I find okay. I don't have to look to hard to find the one I want. I'm a member of several message boards but rarely go to them anymore because of seeing people being crusified for asking the simple questions. There are some knowledgeable people on here and I love to hear what they say. I do all of my work on the bike except the computer stuff and I have received a lot of good help here and thank all for it.
    Ask away! You shouldn't be bashful about questions, because you're not the only person who needs that answer...
    Someone (Like me) might say to "RTDM" once in a while... But we also always try to help!
    (Or at least try to provide some "comic relief", while waiting for help to arrive!)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black