Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Bullying on our boards will be dealt with when reported

This board is suppose to be fun and informational. At times it can get heated on some subjects but still remain civil. There are some that have thinner skin than others but there are also some members here that have taken to being a bully to the point members are wanting their accounts deleted. This is not acceptable here and I'm done asking these bullying members to play nice. If you want to keep poking other members with a stick or be rude or demeaning to our members I'm going to start by deactivating your account for a week. After a week you can email or PM me asking to be given your posting privileges back. I will activate your account only if you promise to play nice. If you are reported again I will remove you as a member. If you try and get around the system and create a new account under a new name I will remove and ban all your accounts and you will never see this board again.

I hate to have to do this but my hand has been forced. I've tried to let these folks work it out but in their mind their doing nothing wrong. If enough people complain about the same members then they are doing something wrong. I hate babysitting grown folks but I'm not going to let SpyderLovers be run into the ground by the action of just a few. Play nice or play somewhere else, I'm done trying to reason with you guys.

Spyder Garage

Default Sad...!!

You have done a great job and are doing a great job with your site. But to keep it at the standards set you have to do occasional weeding. Keep up the good work it is the best spyder site around.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Gene,
    Are you "kissing-up" to the Boss?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Who me..??

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Gene,
    Are you "kissing-up" to the Boss?
    You think... every once in a while I speak the truth...and this is one of them...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll give you this one...

Spyder Garage

As a kinda of new member I just want to add my two cents to the post. I joined a few months ago as soon as I purchased a spyder. I do not post much because i'm afraid of being blasted out of the water by some for asking a dumb question I come here for help. Sometimes I can find it in a search function but often can't so instead of asking I just let it go. There are only so many topics we can discuss, so we have to cover them over and over, which I find okay. I don't have to look to hard to find the one I want. I'm a member of several message boards but rarely go to them anymore because of seeing people being crusified for asking the simple questions. There are some knowledgeable people on here and I love to hear what they say. I do all of my work on the bike except the computer stuff and I have received a lot of good help here and thank all for it.

Spyder Garage

I use to belong to a forumr guns. I do not ever open it again. Between the bulling and rudeness. I do not care if a new or older member comes on here every day and asks about tires, oil or other heavily covered topics.
    He came here for hopes of getting answers from people who have life time experience with their question.
    I my self find searching frustrating plus I want to know I am getting the most recent information.
    Kenn

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

I have learned a lot from this site! Keep up the good work!

Spyder Garage

Default THX

THANKS LAMONT....
    WELL POSITIONED STATEMENT...
    DAN P
    EASLEY, SC
    SPYD3R F3-S

Spyder Garage

Default Bully

Lamont
    Thank You !
    Thank You !
    I come here for advice and Ideas.

Thanks again
    Larry

Spyder Garage

i really shouldn't say anything on this subject, but here it goes because i am someone that was involved in a one sided fight that got me banned for a couple of weeks.

FIRST: take your argument to pvt. messages.

SECOND: we all think different, so why argue and call names, it's a forum so just move on.

THIRD: we are all adults, so lets act that way. i don't think there are 5 year old's on here that run to the teacher to tell them.

FORTH: if you are going to report someone, tell the person that you did. why should a person be suspended or banned without knowing who reported them or why they are being punished.

and lastly, i saw this post from lamont when he first posted it. i consider myself very lucky on here that i have a few friends that wright me a pm if they think one of my posts or something i say in not appropriate, and as soon as i get the pm, even if i think what i posted was ok, i delete the post. so lets all just get along and have a good time laughing and learning.

now like the first time i got booted, every time i sign in i will be waiting to see if i am still a member or not.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

I'm sure a few people have complained about me. In the future I'm going to refrain from commenting before I've had my Snickers.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pampurrs View Post
    I'm sure a few people have complained about me. In the future I'm going to refrain from commenting before I've had my Snickers.

Spyder Garage

Lamont,

Keep up the good work, I have leaned a lot from this site, and I come to this site for answers. Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Hi Lamonster,

Re: Play nice or play somewhere else

Overall: Good for you for doing this. It needs to be done if it is perceived that things are getting out of hand.

I, personally, do not care for some of the decisions that you have made regarding this site; but, it is your site & your rules.

A couple of lifetimes ago, when I was in Basic Training, SSgt Don A. Willocks said, 'If you don't like the rules, don't play the game.'

If you ever think I'm getting out of line, just let me know.

This site could be better, but it is very good.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

I've been here for 8 years, seen a lot of good people come on, and some leave. I tried other sites, but none of them have the "family" feel that this one does. Thank you, Lamont, for this site, and for all you do.

john

Spyder Garage

Default Not the spyder way!

Is sad but thankfully we have Lamont. Hope we dont see more bullys as spyders convert from HD. Now to just NOT give the bullys the attention (their poor little ego's NEED)

2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    I've been here for 8 years, seen a lot of good people come on, and some leave. I tried other sites, but none of them have the "family" feel that this one does. Thank you, Lamont, for this site, and for all you do. john
    First time I have been here in probably a year. I don't mind other peoples opinions, it was the mindless commenting that offered no value that bugged me. You still have to wade through that, to get to the important stuff when you search for a topic but I really know of no solution, so I just stopped visiting.

I google my question first and if it points here, I will come here, but to be honest there a lot of sources of information now as the Spyders have become more popular.

I have been on websites that cap the number of posts a person can make in a 24/hour period and that seems to hold the drivel down. But that is just my opinion. Personally, I don't come here to read daily like I did at the beginning. Most of vendor sponsors pop up on my Google or Bing searches when I look for products they happen to sell and that is good. I did like seeing what the vendors had to offer here - and I love well written opinions about their products - but if I have to scroll down the page to find those opinions it gets tiresome. I did post 3 or 4 times today, but that isn't too bad since I haven't been here for such a long time. It is the people who post 3 or 4 times an hour (or more) that drove me away.
    Last edited by Knarfoh; 09-05-2015 at 06:39 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Knarfoh View Post
    I have been on websites that cap the number of posts a person can make in a 24/hour period and that seems to hold the drivel down. But that is just my opinion. I did post 3 or 4 times today, but that isn't too bad since I haven't been here for such a long time. It is the people who post 3 or 4 times an hour (or more) that drove me away.
    I'm already limited to no more than 60 per hour...
    What more do you want?

Spyder Garage

Hi Lamonster,
    Love the site and I would like to become a sponsor. I will have a look around on site to see if there are any direct links for this and any advice would be great on how to become a paid sponsor.

kind regards,

Darren Smith
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

Spyder Garage

Sounds good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Bullying

Well said Lamont. Keep up the good work.

Spyder Garage

I like the one about HD converts being the bully
    Ha ha

I won't bite that bait[emoji56]

Spyder Garage

There coming to America--
    Today!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't understand how someone can feel bullied on an internet forum, or more importantly why someone would let a stranger on a forum make them feel bullied. Heck, most of you here hate me and some of us have had it out, but I've never felt bullied or even given any of it a second thought. Most times its all been laughable, but never personal.

As long as the comments aren't threatening I just don't see it. Some people just have very thin skin. This isn't 5th grade. Sometimes we need to be told we are doing something stupid, or are being a brainless idiot.

While this isn't my show, Heavy handed moderation can be the venom that can take down a forum in short order. One of the "banned" didn't deserve it.....jmho.