Spyder Garage

Default 3000 mile service

I took my rts in for first service. They called me on Friday and said it was ready.I went to pick it up on saturday, I got there and the frunk was open and the battery was gone the service manager told me one of techs had left the key on. They gave a new battery so I wound have to wait for them to charge the old battery, good for me bad for them. The service cost was 238 dollars this was less than the cost on my 2013 sts.
    Arf

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arvol View Post
    I took my rts in for first service. They called me on Friday and said it was ready.I went to pick it up on saturday, I got there and the frunk was open and the battery was gone the service manager told me one of techs had left the key on. They gave a new battery so I wound have to wait for them to charge the old battery, good for me bad for them. The service cost was 238 dollars this was less than the cost on my 2013 sts.
    It sounds like you have a good dealer. A lot would have tried to hide the mistake your dealer made. Admitting and fixing is great.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    It sounds like you have a good dealer. A lot would have tried to hide the mistake your dealer made. Admitting and fixing is great.

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

Default Very nice..!!

very nice of them to do that and not just make you wait for a charge...great price on the service as well. Sounds like a good dealer...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Sounds like your dealer is a keeper.
    Just another crappy day in Paradise....Aloha!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HIspyder View Post
    Sounds like your dealer is a keeper.
    They did good. Hang on to them.

Spyder Garage

, with all the above.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

X 2!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Nice! And great price too. Even with my "discount" at the local dealer in Vancouver (Washington) I paid over $400 for my 3k service :-(

-Fratz

Spyder Garage

Default Service

Quote Originally Posted by fratzba View Post
    Nice! And great price too. Even with my "discount" at the local dealer in Vancouver (Washington) I paid over $400 for my 3k service :-(

-Fratz
    I've heard good things about the Hillsboro BRP dealer. They just started with the Spyders, so not sure if their training is up to speed. However,SK Northwest wanted 400.00 or so,also. I was quoted 360.00 with brp oil at the Sierra Vista , AZ dealership. SK uses Castroloil full snnthetic oil. If you live in the west you will pay for the privilege. Go Hillsboro, become the service dealer in the northwest.

Pete

Spyder Garage

Overall there are a lot more good dealers than there were 5 years ago
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Default 3000 mile service includes????

Quote Originally Posted by arvol View Post
    I just bought my first Spyder ('12 RT-S SE5) and asked to have the 3000 mile service completed before I picked it up (had 3500 miles on it). All they did was an oil change to the tune of $152.44. What all SHOULD have been done for this 3,000 mile service?

BTW...absolutely loving all the information I am finding on this forum. I'm now proud to have the new nickname of "Spyderman" in my riding club.