Spyder Garage

Default LED Headlights on Spyder RT

Has anyone out there performed a mod on changing out the Head Lights and Fog Lights with LED bulbs? Looking to do it, but want to see if anyone else has done it before I venture on
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Default LED

I did, no big problems. I like the result.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default OPTION " B "

I went the El Cheapo route and put in 100 watt #9005 bright white halogen bulbs ( 1000 + hours to date ) ....A few people warned that the wiring might not hold ( over-heat ) and / or the plastic lens cover ( RT ) would melt ...it didn't .................I did do an Infra-red heat gun test on the cover after a day-time ride ( 90 degree's ) and the cover was 130 degree's , which is far from melting............cost of a pair on E-bay $ 5.00 shipped. The OEMs are 65 watts and yellow , mine are 100 watts and white......there is a big difference in brightness....... Mike

Spyder Garage

KBcarstuuff a site sponsor has XENON Depot kits for HID and LED kits. Get a hold of them for info.

Spyder Garage

I also used the Xenon Depot LED kts on both Louse RT and my F3. They work GREAT

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I went the El Cheapo route and put in 100 watt #9005 bright white halogen bulbs ( 1000 + hours to date ) ....A few people warned that the wiring might not hold ( over-heat ) and / or the plastic lens cover ( RT ) would melt ...it didn't .................I did do an Infra-red heat gun test on the cover after a day-time ride ( 90 degree's ) and the cover was 130 degree's , which is far from melting............cost of a pair on E-bay $ 5.00 shipped. The OEMs are 65 watts and yellow , mine are 100 watts and white......there is a big difference in brightness....... Mike
    Probably a good idea... one thing; I once bought a bunch of 100/60 bulbs (a dozen I think) on eBay and they turned out to be Chinese junk that were no brighter than a standard 60W (h8igh beam) bulb. I still have some of them. If you do buy 9005s, get decent quality bulbs; usually the autoparts store is a safe bet.
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rogerb View Post
    KBcarstuuff a site sponsor has XENON Depot kits for HID and LED kits. Get a hold of them for info.
    Stay away from this company, they sell product they don't have in stock and lie about when it will be back in stock and when it was supposed to have shipped. Been waiting over 3 weeks for the other half of my order!
    Kb carstuff and Xenondepot are the same companies as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by KCannaday; 09-04-2015 at 05:54 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default LED

Do I need to buy the whole LED kit or can I just swap out the OEM bulb with a new LED bulb?
    Tony
    2014 RT

Mods: Adjustable side wind deflectors; Adjustable vented windshield; Rear and front trunk lights; Replaced the foot pegs with Web Boards; Gerbing heater controls; Garmin Zumo 390LM GPS; Fog lights; Front headlamp accent lights; Replaced the standard fender light bulbs with LEDs; BumpSkid; Frunk insert and stripes from WrapMySPyder; BajaRon Swaybar; Laser alignment.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by campermac View Post
    Has anyone out there performed a mod on changing out the Head Lights and Fog Lights with LED bulbs? Looking to do it, but want to see if anyone else has done it before I venture on
    I swapped both with Xenon Depot lites. No problems. Does not need a kit. Very happy with their service/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrocket View Post
    I swapped both with Xenon Depot lites. No problems. Does not need a kit. Very happy with their service/

Where did you mount the driver/ballast?
    Do you have any part numbers you can share?

thanks
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

There is a video on youtube. The video is pretty concise and demonstrates how to replace the light bulbs in the headlights. It is one hell of an ordeal. If you loosen just two more screws, the engine falls out. OK, maybe not. It is not difficult, just pretty time consuming. I have yet to do it but do want to replace the bulbs with brighter ones. And it might not be a bad idea, considering the amount of effort it takes, to replace both bulbs whether they both need replacing or not. Start off with same burn time on them. I'm thinkin' it might be better if you just removed the plastic and run naked. Not as elegant but when it's time to do maintenance....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by campermac View Post
    I put LED lights on my old wing after it had HID's for over a year and the LED's were way brighter and there is no heat up time. I found cycle gear had/has a Awesome light replacement I will be doing my RT with LED' in a week or so myself . If you can check out cycle gear they also have a Great warranty as well

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) pslawing's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by james199 View Post
    I put LED lights on my old wing after it had HID's for over a year and the LED's were way brighter and there is no heat up time. I found cycle gear had/has a Awesome light replacement I will be doing my RT with LED' in a week or so myself . If you can check out cycle gear they also have a Great warranty as well
    Do you know the part number for the RT headlight bulbs? 2012 from cycle gear?