Spyder Garage

Smile New Spyder Owner - New Orleans

Since I don't see a listing for Louisiana, and often ride in Mississippi, I thought I might as well make my first post here and introduce myself. I'm Mike Oliver, have a wife of 28yrs and 2 daughters in their 20's. I traded in my 2004 Yamaha FJR1300 with 180k miles on a black 2010 Spyder SE5-S a couple of weeks ago from Radd's Cycle in Baton Rouge. I'm transferring appropriate farkles from the feej to the spyder. I always name my bikes and in the past since wifey is all Italian, I used Italian names. The Feej is Isabella, but I think the Spyder is going to be Wanita.
    I'm retired/disabled (bipolar) since 2001 and my ministries are Patriot Guard Riders (member since Nov 2006 and currently the New Orleans Ride Captain) and Basset Hound Rescue. I have 4 hounds of differing species and the youngest is my basset Alley Oop who is also my service dog who I can take anywhere I wish. She keeps me grounded from the bipolar/PTSD. I was a Navy P-3 driver in the 80's.
    Well, I don't ride as much as I'd like in the heat of the summer unless it's vampire rides at night. For years, I rode 25k miles a year, but now my health has me riding much less, and I've decided I need to go from 2 to 3 wheels. The couple of hundred miles ridden on the Spyder have been a blast and am very enthusiastic about it.

If there is any interest in creating a group for south LA and the Admins adding such, pls do.
    let's ride safe & be careful out there,
    Mike in Nawlins'
    2014 Black SE6 Limited "Charlotte"
    New Orleans Ride Captain
    Patriot Guard Riders

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the Spyder world! Enjoy your new ride!

2016 F3 Limited Triple Black

Lancaster PA transplant (Southern born and bred)
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome

Welcome to the club. You've come to the right place for a lot of good information and laughs. The more you ride your the more you're like her.

2015 F3-S SE6

Spyder Garage

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the zoo!

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome..!! Welcome..!!

to both the spyder world and this Zany site...congrats on your new ryde.. you already have enjoyed the experience and must have some miles of smiles. Nice intro, thanks for your service and you seem to be getting along well, even better with the hound and the spyder... on the home page upper left there you will find groups and clubs as well as a search of members will get you in touch with ryders around your area. Be safe...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

& !!! The Spyder has a good NATOPS manual that will prepare you well for discussions here in the Ready Room.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

to the party.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotRider View Post
    Since I don't see a listing for Louisiana, and often ride in Mississippi, I thought I might as well make my first post here and introduce myself. I'm Mike Oliver, have a wife of 28yrs and 2 daughters in their 20's. I traded in my 2004 Yamaha FJR1300 with 180k miles on a black 2010 Spyder SE5-S a couple of weeks ago from Radd's Cycle in Baton Rouge. I'm transferring appropriate farkles from the feej to the spyder. I always name my bikes and in the past since wifey is all Italian, I used Italian names. The Feej is Isabella, but I think the Spyder is going to be Wanita.
    I'm retired/disabled (bipolar) since 2001 and my ministries are Patriot Guard Riders (member since Nov 2006 and currently the New Orleans Ride Captain) and Basset Hound Rescue. I have 4 hounds of differing species and the youngest is my basset Alley Oop who is also my service dog who I can take anywhere I wish. She keeps me grounded from the bipolar/PTSD. I was a Navy P-3 driver in the 80's.
    Well, I don't ride as much as I'd like in the heat of the summer unless it's vampire rides at night. For years, I rode 25k miles a year, but now my health has me riding much less, and I've decided I need to go from 2 to 3 wheels. The couple of hundred miles ridden on the Spyder have been a blast and am very enthusiastic about it.

If there is any interest in creating a group for south LA and the Admins adding such, pls do.
    Welcome to the group. I too left 2 for three after 2 serious accidents 2011. The Spyder is the most fun I've had since I left 2 wheels. I grew up in your area just off Sauve Rd in Little Farms now River Ridge. Went to St.Martin's and Jesuit's and graduated from John Curtis.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up an open invitation to visit Nawlins'

I live in the adjacent suburb Metairie...born and bred NooAwleeneeun. Went to Brother Martin High, 1976 grad.

btw, I make this offer to all my internet friends...if you ever wish or do visit the Big Easy, let me know. I so enjoy helping out anyone's vacation wishes including playing personal tour guide as you wish.

Come prepared to eat:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike in Nawlins'
    New Orleans Ride Captain
    Patriot Guard Riders

Spyder Garage

Default WELOME

and Glad you found this site, ask questions we are here to help. Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) ruthie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome Mike to the Spyder world.

Ruth Ann
    Spyder Rider of America - Magnolia Chapter

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie

Spyder Garage

Hello, PatriotRider and welcome to this site.
    I am still riding my FJR1300 but am hoping to check out an F3T in person by early next year.

It's a butte. No, it's a mound. Right purdy, too.

Spyder Garage

Hello......and welcome

I live across 'the lake' in Ponchatoula and there are several riders in our area. There is a local spyder riders group for our area....check them out on facebook..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/163528020377266/

Yell if you up this way.....

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotRider View Post

Johnny
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015 RT-S (SE6) Special Series

Spyder Garage

IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Swindle View Post
    Hello......and welcome

I live across 'the lake' in Ponchatoula and there are several riders in our area. There is a local spyder riders group for our area....check them out on facebook..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/163528020377266/

Yell if you up this way.....
    will do
    I requested to join the Cajun FB Group a week ago or so and they haven't responded...it's still shows pending

maybe you can add me and feel free to send me a friend post too
    it's under Mike Oliver and my page pic is me with a PGR shirt and flags same as my avatar here...my profile pic is my basset hound Alley Oop
    Mike in Nawlins'
    New Orleans Ride Captain
    Patriot Guard Riders