Spyder Garage

Default Show Chrome Backrest on 2014 RT

Has anyone installed the Showchrome oversized backrest on a 2014 or 2015 RT? The video shows installation on an older model and I was wondering about any difference with a newer one with the seat "plug". Thanks for any feedback.

Spyder Garage

Default Backrest

Quote Originally Posted by MikeandSandy View Post
    Has anyone installed the Showchrome oversized backrest on a 2014 or 2015 RT? The video shows installation on an older model and I was wondering about any difference with a newer one with the seat "plug". Thanks for any feedback.
    I hope these pictures help a little. Follow directions and it's pretty easy. Installed on a 2014 RT S.
    The seat foam does have to be cut but there are two holes where the factory made back rest slides through.
    I did have to pull the seat plug out later and make the hole a little bigger. Use a Dremel if you have one available.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Stranger1759; 09-01-2015 at 10:42 PM.

2014 RT S Cognac
    Spyderpops skidplate and belt guard. Squared Away Alignment. Bajaron Sway Bar. Show Chrome Smart Mount Large Backrest. BRP Adjustable Air Deflectors. Hopnel net and saddle bag liners. Lamonster NBV Highway Bracket - Trident Large Foot Peg. Rivco Cup Holder Mount & Kruzer Kaddy Kustom Kaddy Drink Holder - Leather. Tricled saddlebag, fender side & rear, 3rd & 4th brake light, and mirror turn signal LED's.

Spyder Garage

Thanks! Those pictures look nice.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeandSandy View Post
    Thanks! Those pictures look nice.
    Your welcome, glad I could help! And thank you!

2014 RT S Cognac
    Spyderpops skidplate and belt guard. Squared Away Alignment. Bajaron Sway Bar. Show Chrome Smart Mount Large Backrest. BRP Adjustable Air Deflectors. Hopnel net and saddle bag liners. Lamonster NBV Highway Bracket - Trident Large Foot Peg. Rivco Cup Holder Mount & Kruzer Kaddy Kustom Kaddy Drink Holder - Leather. Tricled saddlebag, fender side & rear, 3rd & 4th brake light, and mirror turn signal LED's.

Spyder Garage

My install on my 14 was straight forward. Simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Black RTS SE6
    2012 Black RS - Sold 7/24/2014
    2011 Sonata LTD

Spyder Garage

reviving this thread. Thinking about one of these and wonder what cuts were necessary on the newer models with the seat plug? Looks like in the picture above maybe the plug itself had to be cut? How about the 3" forward backward adjustment they say it has? I am fairly short and think if maybe it doesnt come forward at all i might not be able to actually lean on it if you know what i mean? thanks!
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Spyder Garage

Default Backrest

Quote Originally Posted by latony007 View Post
    reviving this thread. Thinking about one of these and wonder what cuts were necessary on the newer models with the seat plug? Looks like in the picture above maybe the plug itself had to be cut? How about the 3" forward backward adjustment they say it has? I am fairly short and think if maybe it doesnt come forward at all i might not be able to actually lean on it if you know what i mean? thanks!
    These photo's might help? Its been awhile I know you can raise and lower, rotate forward and back the backrest.
    I don't use it all the time, although but it is nice to adjust the riding position on long rides. I hope this helps?

Attached Images Attached Images

2014 RT S Cognac

Spyder Garage

Thanks, you have obviously a 14 or 15 what cutting of the seat was necessary do you remember? If you have the plug wouldnt you just slide it through and attach the bracket on the underside?
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Spyder Garage

Default Backrest

This is the link to get the PDF file for the actual instructions.
    http://www.bigbikeparts.com/template...8&GroupGuid=78

This is a video on the older model of Spyders, 14 and newer have a piece you pull out and modify.
    https://youtu.be/1AbRctbnVkg

2014 RT S Cognac

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

No videos on that 2014 and later install I guess?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk