Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Personally I think it is all about the money. I'm trying to picture Pam with oil and grease all over her and lying under her Spyder and using those bad Man words when her wrench slips off.

More power to you Pam. Just remember to clean your nails before going out to dinner.
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Personally I think it is all about the money. I'm trying to picture Pam with oil and grease all over her and lying under her Spyder and using those bad Man words when her wrench slips off.

More power to you Pam. Just remember to clean your nails before going out to dinner.

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

Picture of Pam at a young tender age working on her Motorcycle.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default OIL CHANGES

I do my own oil changes and other maintenance for two reasons. 1. I save money. 2. I know it is done right as I am very particular. I have a good dealer whom I trust, but if I do it, any mistake is on me. I have heard of some dealers charging customers for the oil filters but not changing them or charging for O rings but not changing them. Also, a dealer may overfill or underfill the oil tank. I don't blame anyone for using a dealer for all their maintenance if the owner can't or won't do it.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up DIY

Quote Originally Posted by latony007 View Post
    So i am getting ready to change the oil for the first time on the used spyder i bought back in January. I just called the stealer and said how much for an oil change......He said $380!!!!!! i said, after i recovered from passing out, dude this is not a Ferrari!!! He said well we also check the belt, lights, zerk fittings whatever that is and test and reset buds and that it took 3 fricken hours? Is this what everyone else experiences? I have only been to this dealer on one other occasion to have them put on the baja ron bar and they charged me for 2 hours even though they called me and said it was done within 1 so i dont have a good feeling about them. Why do all dealers have to rape us? Just like all these oil change threads. 11$ a quart for crappy synthetic blend when i can get full synth castrol or valvoline for half? If services were reasonable i would take them all to the dealer i think they lose more than they gain. I have noticed with bikes and car dealers since vehicles dont require the constant maintenance they used to that they replaced actually services with "check check check" they wanted 500$ on my car for the 15,000 mile service and the only thing they actually did was change the oil and air filter and the rest was checks checks checks. I told them to pound sand and just change the oil. Obviously i am going to investigate how hard it is to do it myself on the spyder, i change oil on my yamaha in 20 minutes tops. Anyone see issue with running 10w40 or do i need to stick with 5w40? I already have some castrol full synthetic 10w40 i use on my sport bike. Sorry to rant but just got off the phone with them and still in shock lol
    Thanks
    Get a kit and do it yourself. You just have to take off some of the plastic on the left side. You need a t-30 socket and a 6MM (I think) socket and you can do it. The "zerk" fittings are on the front suspension and are difficult to get a grease gun on them. All things considered, you can still buy everything that you need and keep a lot of your hard earned cash in your pocket.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default VALVOLINE !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Its now gone from store shelves as well. I contacted Ashland and the product has been discontinued. Wal Mart has replaced it with a non synthetic Valvoline motorcycle oil on the shelves. They still have the full synthetic 20w50.

Is the consensus that the 20W50 would be fine in the 998 as long as I let the engine warm before riding if its sub freezing weather?
    Well JC, Walmart must have a ton of it to get rid of because I just bought some more.....just sayin......Mike