GOS member (Girls On Spyders) ruthie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Angle Rotation Sensor

What does the Angle Rotation Sensor do on the Spyder?

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It tells the spyder what gear its in.
    It's also called a gear position sensor.

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting..!!

Have also seen GPS refered to as GBPS (gear box postioning sensor). But would check that they are not referring to the CAPS (cam positioning sensor) or the CAP (cranckshaft position sensor) both of which are rotational markers.. where or why did this come up..??
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) ruthie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Why I asked about this, well my 2014 RT went into limp mode 3 times so I asked my dealer about it. The dealer hooked up my Spyder to BID nothing showed up but said that they would send the information to BRP. Well a week later BRP had sent them the senor and installed it yesterday.
    I did not remember to ask what this senor does so thought I would ask the next best source.

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Drew knows the sensors... he's either tried, or has managed, to disconnect most of them!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

read your post about angle rotation sensor. I have same issue with my 2008. I got the part, but the repair side of dealer blocked up for 2 more months. when the stuck in the new one (looks simple enough for me to do on own), did they have to hook up the computer also?
    Former Navy LT, Retired Chemical Dependency Therapist, Retired Widower, "Do, or do not, there is no try"... Jedi Master Yoda.
    Proud member of AA, PGR, and a Navy Shellback!
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , matte black trim, Green/gray Charcoal? depends on the lighting

Spyder Garage

I'm ignorant. who's drew? Need to ask him ?? about angle rotation sensor. Shop booked up 2 months from now. mechanic buddy pulled it out said it was shot. 7 weeks later get part, but mechanic quit, gone. Looks simple enough to replace. after that, do I have to get it plugged into the canam master computer at the dealer (also a 2 month wait)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Former Navy LT, Retired Chemical Dependency Therapist, Retired Widower, "Do, or do not, there is no try"... Jedi Master Yoda.
    Proud member of AA, PGR, and a Navy Shellback!
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , matte black trim, Green/gray Charcoal? depends on the lighting

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi Bill. Just in case you hadn't noticed, you tagged on to the back end of a 6 year old thread. So, it makes things a little harder. Yes, that's a picture of the Gear Box Position Sensor. And, if I understand you correctly, your mechanic buddy has already removed your Gear Box Position Sensor and you just got the new part. So, you know where it goes. There's not much to it, just align the sensor with the flat on the shaft and reinstall. A lot of folks that have done this as a DIY job, have gotten by without having to do the Reset procedure with the dealer computer. It all depends. Once you get it installed, take it out and go through all of the gears and see what happens. Good Luck.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238