Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by doctorlbug View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with the UClear HBC200. It sure looks promising on the UTubes, and it is boom less. The voice piece is in the ear piece like a phone bluetooth setup.
    I was describing my experience above, with the HBC200. It's a great device and technical support is awesome, should you need some help from the geeks in California.
    Brian Kay - Kennesaw, GA
    2014 RT-S SM6 Pearl White (KHAOS)
    TricLED 3rd and 4th Brake Lights - TricLED Turn Signals - TricLED Side Fender Lights - Airhawk R Seat Pad - Smoothspyder Belt Tensioner - JT's Dash Mount - JT's USB and 12v Power Unit - Stebel 139dB Multi Sound Horn - Lamonster NBV Highway Pegs - BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors - Cal-Sci Stock Extra Wide Windshield - Baja Ron Sway Bar - WrapMySpyder 1330 Triple decals - Ultimate Tallboy Seat - BRP Sat Radio - ELKA Stage 2 Front Shocks

Spyder Garage

Default UCLEAR

I'm another big fan of UCLEAR; own 3 and have had no negative experiences.

Revzilla does a nice gear review of some of the top systems:

http://www.revzilla.com/2015-best-mo...s-buyers-guide

Spyder Garage

Default Sena 10c

I have the Sena 10c, you will see this in action when I post "Third time riding experience" over weekend.
    2015 F3-S in Magnesium with Can Am red frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra
    Xmas present to me and from myself on 6/11/2015 - 02/09/2018

2019 F3-S Special Series in Liquid Titanium with Orange frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Signature Light with switch to turn it off and on.
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

Spyder Garage

Default Sena 20s

Sena 20s very clear, excellent sound quality, able to connect to 8 other units and almost all other blue tooth brands as well.
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

Default headsets

Jackie and I ride two-up on an RT-Limited. Enjoyed the pair of SENA 20s we used, but then they got to be inconsistent in operation and the various functions when combined (e.g. intercom with music from phone) didn't always function correctly.

Called SENA and explained the problem. Twice.

First rep said he would send out an RMA via return email, and that we would need to document exactly what we were sending back to SENA for replacement by including very clear pictures of exactly which components we included in the box. Email with RMA never came.

I called and spoke to an entirely different rep whose reaction was sorta WTF??? No pictures necessary. Just find the INVOICE and email that to him. That would generate the RMA and I could return anything I wanted to (and, for example, retain the speakers mounted in the helmets). When received, a replacement would be sent. I sent just the bases, mics and the main units.

Today's FedEx brought an entire, complete new pair. I'll be trying them out soon to see if these play all the games all the time.

I will say the speakers were better quality than any I had used before (Starcom, Autocom)

Pete

Spyder Garage

Don't let helmets communicate, they will start breeding
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

What do you folks recommend for helmet to helmet communication? I'd like to find something wireless and with duplex commination. No need to connect to anything else. Just me and the wife so we can talk to each other. Both of use have full face helmets. I had an old Chatterbox tandem pro from the days that I did instructing for car clubs. The wire between helmets is a bit of a PITA. It finally gave up, it was only about 12 years old. They just make anything that will last these days. LOL.

Spyder Garage

Default Helmet communications

Check this out.
    http://www.zoozmc.com/#!product/prd1...tercom-zb-6100

Many riders in the West Coast using those, the only unit that have active noise cancelation all the rest are DSP noise cancelation, the sound quality on this units are great.
    This message was sent between rides

Spyder Garage

I bought the SENA SMH10 setup from Motorcycle Dave. Very impressed with his service and price. Install was a breeze. You guy would have cracked up if you had seen the wife and I walking around the house talking to each other with our helmets on. Now just waiting for the weather to cooperate so we can do some riding.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The wife and I just upgraded to the Scala Rider PackTalk Powerset. We used it for the first time this weekend on a trip to Tucson AZ fro San Diego CA... WOW I was amazed, it was so easy to pair with 4 other ryders...(for a total of 6)
    I love the fact that it has a mesh network mode so there is no daisy chaining ryders together..... (the issue with that is if a ryder in the middle leaves the group or goes out of range you lose the rest of the group)

With the mesh network, if one ryder leaves, he's gone but everyone else stays connected, and when he is back in range he just reconnects automatically.
    Mesh allows up to 16 ryders and has a range of 5 miles (+- depending on terrain)
    2014 RT Limited , Black Current (blacked out trim)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yammerdoodle View Post
    we've been using chatterboxes for the past few years they work pretty good and last all day but they are getting wore out I've tried call rider and they were terriable i was hoping to get some opinions on the nuclear headsets if anybody has them i really like the boomlet feature on them
    Lamonster Garage just started selling the Sena 10C with a built in camera.
    http://www.lamonstergarage.com/sena/

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default ZOOZ Motorcycle products

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    We have the scala G9 and are happy with them but saw some that put ours to shame at the SITR. Check with zoozmc.com. Honestly don't know the others but Scala and Sena are the strong ones in the market. When these go I'm going with the one from zoozmc.com. They also have amazing gps units all about half the price...
    How are these working out for you? I don't see many references to Zooz.com on the forum; I'm wondering if there's anybody else here who has experience with their products?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by doctorlbug View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with the UClear HBC200. It sure looks promising on the UTubes, and it is boom less. The voice piece is in the ear piece like a phone bluetooth setup.
    As Brian and a couple of others have said in earlier posts (I just don’t understand why some people refuse to read previous posts on a thread of interest to them, especially when it is only one or two pages......soooooo frustrating......end of rant ) they work very well.

I have the PRO series, which is Uclear’s latest release, and they are excellent. Previously, I had the HBC200 with the speaker mikes, but they were not as good as the dual temple mounted mikes. But you MUST have the two temple microphones, and your speakers set up exactly as per the installation guidelines to gain full benefit.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    As Brian and a couple of others have said in earlier posts (I just don’t understand why some people refuse to read previous posts on a thread of interest to them, especially when it is only one or two pages......soooooo frustrating......end of rant ) they work very well.

I have the PRO series, which is Uclear’s latest release, and they are excellent. Previously, I had the HBC200 with the speaker mikes, but they were not as good as the dual temple mounted mikes. But you MUST have the two temple microphones, and your speakers set up exactly as per the installation guidelines to gain full benefit.

Pete
    Pete, I think you're responding to a post that is two years old or so. Ironic that your 'rant' was about folks not looking back to old threads on a topic since that's what I did by resurrecting this one
    Last edited by UtahPete; 01-25-2018 at 08:12 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Pete, I think you're responding to a post that is two years old or so. Ironic that your 'rant' was about folks not looking back to old threads on a topic since that's what I did by resurrecting this one
    Hahaha......yeah, but I did read all the posts on this thread before I responded, Pete, so I DID follow my own guideline.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Hahaha......yeah, but I did read all the posts on this thread before I responded, Pete, so I DID follow my own guideline.

Pete
    ....... AND..... I wasn’t suggesting that people look up old threads, Pete. That is often unworkable. The search function can be difficult. It was the issue of people responding to particular threads without looking at previous post responses to see if their question had been answered, or if their imminent response has already been posted........unless it’s a 5+ page thread of course.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have had Uclear since late 2013 mainly because of the boomless mike. I've had them paired with both Sena bluetooth adapters. I got a new Uclear AMP Plus which has even better sounds and more functions. Their Pro version has unlimited pairing. Both Sena and Uclear have handlebar controls (extra). Keeping the firmware up to date helps and both have smartphone apps to help with how to use and upgrades. Not sure about other BT headsets.
    Last edited by Flamewinger; 01-26-2018 at 12:09 AM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Default Uclear Amp Plus.

I've had these for little over a year and really like them. One was on a open helmet the other on a modular. It was really amazing how good they sound on both sides. On the phone people can't tell you're on a bike. Work easy for pairing and the phone app works.
    Now
    2021 Sea2Sky
    Former
    2015 F3-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The problem I have is I got the new Uclear AMP Plus and have yet to see how it pairs to a Sena. BUT what I just read about the newer Sena 30x is it seems to be able to pair by touching a button and it pairs. I think its a Sena30x ONLY feature. (Simply press the button on top of the 30K to turn on public mode, and you will be automatically and instantaneously connected to a virtually limitless amount of 30K users within a mile range.)

If this is as simple as it sounds, once we all get one, it'll be like using the CB years ago. No having to stop and pair and play with each rider's headset, just turn on public mode and go. Now if Uclear and J&M and Built and Nolan etc. can do the same.

2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Default Uclear

I just bought a 4 pack and am disappointed with the range. They say 200M range but more like 100m then starts to cut out.

All 4 will pair together and phone works good and music. Intercom for me was hard to hear like it would not turn up enough. It was ok when stopped. Could hear fine. Im still figuring it out. Did a firmware update last night so I hoped that helped. I will try today.

I do like the UClear phone app good options and will tell you the battery life.

These are the UClear AMP Go model.
    Last edited by Ryan12; 01-26-2018 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Add info

Spyder Garage

We were due for new helmets, and dealer has Schuberth. C3 Pro has replacement collar that contains all you need for communication. The latest model is now SENA, a change from Cardo. We have been pleased with the older Cardo, so may change when get new helmets. Handy when stopping and walking around. Good for at least a 1/2 mile.

With the Bluetooth, you'll need the dongle to connect with the radio in the Spyder. Not cheap, but works quite well.
    08 RS/SM5 (Hers) (sold)
    15 RT-S (Mine)
    2015 RT-S , Metallic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

....... AND..... I wasn’t suggesting that people look up old threads, Pete. That is often unworkable. The search function can be difficult. It was the issue of people responding to particular threads without looking at previous post responses to see if their question had been answered, or if their imminent response has already been posted........unless it’s a 5+ page thread of course. Pete
    Okay, you got me there!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by motoswami View Post
    Jackie and I ride two-up on an RT-Limited. Enjoyed the pair of SENA 20s we used, but then they got to be inconsistent in operation and the various functions when combined (e.g. intercom with music from phone) didn't always function correctly.

Called SENA and explained the problem. Twice.

First rep said he would send out an RMA via return email, and that we would need to document exactly what we were sending back to SENA for replacement by including very clear pictures of exactly which components we included in the box. Email with RMA never came.

I called and spoke to an entirely different rep whose reaction was sorta WTF??? No pictures necessary. Just find the INVOICE and email that to him. That would generate the RMA and I could return anything I wanted to (and, for example, retain the speakers mounted in the helmets). When received, a replacement would be sent. I sent just the bases, mics and the main units.

Today's FedEx brought an entire, complete new pair. I'll be trying them out soon to see if these play all the games all the time.

I will say the speakers were better quality than any I had used before (Starcom, Autocom)

Pete
    Wife and I use Sena SMH5's. I bought the lowest, most basic model (not even FM radio) because we're only using it for intercom between the two of us. Generally they work really well, we have no problem hearing each other even with our custom-made earplugs in, and we get about 4-5 hours' use out of them (my wife talks a lot). Like Pete, I've had issues with the intercom and music combination. For some reason once my unit was paired with my phone, it would sometimes start playing music from my phone all by itself, whether I asked for it or not. This also wasn't consistent -- just totally random. The only way to stop this was turn the music off on the phone itself, which was a real PITA especially when fully jacketed and gloved. I called Sena, which advised me that these units are like GEICO, this is just "what they do." Finally I fixed the problem by simply deleting all the music off my phone so it has nothing to play. I actually wouldn't mind playing music once in a while **when I want to** but given the SMH5's randomness about it, I have to keep the music off my phone.
    Last edited by johnsimion; 01-26-2018 at 02:55 PM.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Had a Sena and UClear.
    Now using the Interphone Urban and couldn't be happier!
    Plan simple to use out of the Box no learning curve and useless feature's that I wouldn't use!