Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Check your insurance policy

Just an FYI. If you insure your Spyder with Mark Fischer out of Arizona check your policy. Make sure you are being insured for what you ask for. I'll explain at a later date.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would caution against using an Agent's name in this manner. After all; he's not in here to defend himself, and you have offered nothing specific yet...
    Deal with him first, and THEN come tell us the outcome!
    Good Luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Everyone should always read their policy -not just for their motorcycle, but for their car, home, and life insurance! There are lots of things in there that may or may not bite you. Never make assumptions. I discovered I could reduce my insurance on my Spyder, dramatically, by being the only authorized (insured) operator. Because I am more than 10 years older than my wife, my Spyder is registered in both our names - that way, when I pass away, my wife can sell it without waiting for an estate to be settled - but I had to tell my insurance company, specifically, that I was the only insured operator of the vehicle. Also, if you only ride alone, you can probably save money on insurance for a passenger - but if you reduce that, be sure not to give anyone a ride!
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would never remove passenger medical coverage...
    It would only take ONE time, to find out much that savings cost you!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I would never remove passenger medical coverage...
    It would only take ONE time, to find out much that savings cost you!
    Bob, I haven't had a rider on the back of my Spyder in well over a year - and now that I have reduced the medical for one, I never will, again. If the need does arise, I can edit my policy with GEICO over my cell phone in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by hillrad View Post
    In Ohio surviving spouses can transfer and take ownership of 2 vehicles sans probate.
    hillrad, I don't live in Ohio - and state laws can change. West Virginia also has some odd rules - for example, with both our names, without the word "and" between them, my wife can go to DMV and do things like renew my registration, if I can't make it. If the Spyder was just in my name, or in both our names with "and" in between, they would not let her do so.
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't seem to read anything close to libelous in MSGTDOC's post.
    I didn't say libelous; what about manners?
    When you only get one side of the story; that means that the other guy never had the opportunity to defend himself...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default As I see it..!!

you should post the whole story unless it's the answer of a riddle... is it...??
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MSGTDOC View Post
    Just an FYI. If you insure your Spyder with Mark Fischer out of Arizona check your policy. Make sure you are being insured for what you ask for. I'll explain at a later date.

If you are going to explain later. This post could have waited till later also. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think MSGTDOC maybe doing someone a huge favor.. give him a break...

osm

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't see anything either obectionable or accusatory in the "op's" post. I say this because no matter who you are insuring with you should check the contents of your policy. You do this to make sure that you are getting what you bargained for. This to me is stating the obvious, and although with a "stretch" could be interpreted as being accusatorial, I personally didn't when I first read.
    Additionally, the "op" has to me reserved any possible judgment until a further venting of the facts. JMO

Chris

Spyder Garage

Okay, I'm feeling a little feisty--two cups of good strong coffee worth.

National recognition by naming agent X in a complaint, without all the details, is not fair to agent X.

There are three sides to every story. From point A, From point B, and what actually happened. Both A & B may color the story to improve their particular position. We all do it, that is just human nature.

We have seen this many times on SL, mostly concerning bad dealer service. Many complaints about dealer X result in a pattern and are helpful. Once incident does not make a bona fide case.

My only exception to the above is restaurants. They get one chance to make a good impression. Guy Fieri recommendation or not.
    I found a fail two weeks ago. It's in North Pole, AK--but you can figure out which by reading the reviews on Yelp.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe you should try some decaf?

But, Without details; supposition takes over.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post

National recognition by naming agent X in a complaint, without all the details, is not fair to agent X.

There are three sides to every story. From point A, From point B, and what actually happened. Both A & B may color the story to improve their particular position. We all do it, that is just human nature.

We have seen this many times on SL, mostly concerning bad dealer service. Many complaints about dealer X result in a pattern and are helpful. Once incident does not make a bona fide case.
    You are 100% correct. It's to bad others don't see it that way.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Having been in business all my adult life and bought hundreds of policies, there are good agents and bad ones. What OP said IMO is that when he read his policy, there were things missing that he expected. Or maybe coverage that he didn't need. I have had agents cost me money do to negligence or design. In the end its your responsibility to read the policy and understand it. Get lazy and you could regret it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm having trouble with mine, but that's because the cost of it jumped a whole $226 a year all of a sudden. Called and asked what's up, and it turns out, my VIN number comes back as invalid in their system.

I asked for a check to cover my now stolen bike since the VIN is invalid didn't work though, lol.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The story that ISN'T being told...

Spyder Garage

I actually read original post and see no message that tells the particulars of an act or occurrence or course of events... so what "STORY" is being referenced?
    Do you actually believe he was giving accolades to his agent? To me, and maybe me only, his post led me to believe his agent didn't provide what he asked for. Remember, this is my opinion only. If I'm wrong, I offer my apology in advance.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wylie,

Spyder Garage

I actually read original post and see no message that tells the particulars of an act or occurrence or course of events... so what "STORY" is being referenced?
    Okay, I will bite one more time. I referenced "story" above--perhaps not the best word to describe the situation.

Most know exactly what I meant--and I am sure that you do also. There was an "implication" that agent X did something that caused him to be mentioned by name and location. That should suffice. Putting out someone's name and location without providing any back up details and leaving things open are still not fair--IMO of course.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I guess the fact that he couldn't read the story that wasn't told... has him bothered!