Spyder Garage

Default BRP Tech Teaching Tool

The Hydraulic Housing Assembly from my 2015 RT-S will be used as a teaching tool for the new BRP Techs on trouble shooting a new unique problem that was discovered with my Spyder. BRP had never heard or seen what happened with my 2015 Spyder RT-S!
    The repair was covered under warranty.
    "Disassembled HCM and found pin was not installed on oil pump inside HCM. It was just laying in the HCM compartment. Replaced HCM per BRP's request. All good." CowtownUSA, Cuba , MO Repair Order #23237, quote.

Oil was not being lubricated where it was needed. I was told that when the engine was opened up, "the pin fell out". It came from the factory in this condition. The bike had just over 1000 miles on it.

I was in Atlanta and got off an exit ramp and the Spyder stopped at the traffic light in forth gear! It wouldn't shift with the paddle or by it's self into first. The ACE motor has enough torque so that I could get the Spyder to a parking lot to deal with the problem at hand.
    I was able to get it into neutral by setting the parking brake and turning the bike off. Turn the switch on and starting the bike it automatically shifted into third gear. I repeated the process until it was in neutral. It would go in to reverse and stay there till I shifted back into neutral. If I tried to shift into first, it would instantly go back into neutral. (clunk-neutral, clunk-neutral)
    I was able to get it going forward if I shifted into first and hit the throttle before it went back into neutral. I could use first and second gear for a while. Shifting into third, it would go back into second.

I headed to my sister's house where I left the Spyder. She took me back home to get my truck and trailer, a two hour drive one way!
    My Bro-in-law Sam and I got it onto the trailer by pushing and rolling it down the drive way because there was NO forward gears anymore. I trailered it to a dealer in Chattanooga at Cowtown's request to have them hook it a computer to it to get the fault codes. I was told that BRP had never seen those codes before for my situation?
    I didn't want to get in a pissing match between the dealer in Chattanooga and Cowtown as to what it needed, so I trailered it up to Cowtown where I had purchased it at Spyder Jam 2015. They had it for just over a week and I brought it back home yesterday, in good working order!

The techs Kevin, Mike and Taylor at Cowtown USA worked their magic, as they always do! DJ and Lee at the Service counter always have a friendly smile on their faces. It's always nice to visit Cowtown because most of the folks working there say HI to me and know me by my name.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Now you know why I don't take my spyder to anybody else!!! B.P.O.E work there at Cowtown.

Spyder Garage

Default Yikes..!!

glad they aren't just letting it go..it could have been a one time missed step but should become a step to be double checked for future units. You do have good people over there and glad they got you back on the road on short order...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black