Spyder Garage

Default BRP sponsored events

Why does BRP sponsor events and just send a few reps? We attended Spyderfest 2014 and BRP brought a truck trailer to the event selling their products at good discounts. We went to Spyderfest 2015 expecting to see the same and they didn't show up with the trcuck. Spyder Rondezvous was a sponsored event and BRP sent two nice ladies to the event but no truck or products. Has BRP stopped offering discounted products or are we just not seeing it now?
    2012 RS White with corbin web seat, misty mountain seat skin, tour windshield, Hindle exhaust, handlebar risers, BRP saddlebags, foot boards, bump skid (critter splitter), fender LED lights, and lots of attitude.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Post MY THOUGHT

I am getting the feeling that there is something going on within the corporate structure at BRP at the moment and whether we ever find out or not ..........well your guess is as good as mine ?????................Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default NewB Wonders

If you put your post together with the posts under the topic of "BRP A No Show At SITR" you will see a disturbing trend with regards to BRP's participation @Spyder events in the lower 48 this year.. It kinda reminds me of the description of "All Talk and No Action" . Does anybody think that this "pull back" has anything to do with the financial impact on BRP from both the legal process and the recall for the air scoop fix for the gas fumes/heat/fires that plague some of the 2013 models????? I guess we'll have to see how BRP respinds in 2016 to the expressed disappointments of spyderlovers.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting..!!

Don't know what their budget for the owners event was but they blew a bundle at the Stergis event trying to get into that market I guess. As you say a little participation would help them a lot with all the exsisting owners...(100,000). Over a million at Stergis wonder how many switched over and how many owners were there. was it worth it....?? Well all I got was a pin but feel like Iwas never at an owners event. SITR put on a great event anyway...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Spyderqest, in Lake George NY, is a "sponsored event" this year and basically located "just down the road" from BRP headquarters. I was excited about that because this year will be my first time at Spyderquest, and I was anxious to see the BRP display and buy some of their "goodies". But now, it'll be interesting to see if they even show up there. The event is in just a couple of weeks and I have not seen any mention here on Spyderlovers, or on the Spyderquest web site, that they will be there. As for the Can-Am event site, there are absolutely no events currently listed at all.
    Last edited by robmorg; 08-23-2015 at 10:25 AM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner 02 View Post
    We attended Spyderfest 2014 and BRP brought a truck trailer to the event selling their products at good discounts. We went to Spyderfest 2015 expecting to see the same and they didn't show up with the trcuck.
    Where were you? I took a demo ride on a 2015 RTS from the BRP demo display and truck in the fairgrounds parking lot at Spyderfest 2015.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Canadian money drop 25% compare to the US dollard since January, 1st. Each 1$ cdn = 0.75 cents US.

So don't search to far why BRP select where they put their money. I prefer R&D in new products or in a future new Spyder instead of a owner event.

Spyder Garage

Sales here in CT of the F3 and The ST/RS with those horrible color combinations with that ORANGE in the mix are "Very Slow?" according to my dealer. Its almost September and most dealers are stuck with a Very Large percentage of unsold Spyders?? We will see something coming soon for much bigger rebates and of course 21 SEP 2015 looms?

My dealer gave me $7000 Trade-in for my 09 Loaded GS with 33,000 miles and is advertising it for $6,500 Just to get rid of it Fast.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I have noted over the years that BRP marketing has not always been right on and that their have been glitches from time to time. I think that part of that has to do with the fact that their culture is a bit different from ours. They don't look at things exactly the same way we do.

IMO--I don't think Danica or Drew Brees worked, or the clown colored RSS models this last year.

I have never understood trying to win over the HD crowd. IMO, it just is not going to happen. Talk about trying to make a culture change. I am sure that they thought the triple black F3 was going to be a knock out at Sturgis. A lot here, did not see it that way.

To me--it just seems like differences of opinion. The show/no show thing at various gatherings has now gone to semantics. As to what represents support and what don't. It does not take misunderstanding long to get on the nasty side here sometimes.

We have a new season coming up in about a month. Let's see what it brings.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-23-2015 at 10:47 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    Spyderqest, in Lake George NY, is a "sponsored event" this year and basically located "just down the road" from BRP headquarters. I was excited about that because this year will be my first time at Spyderquest, and I was anxious to see the BRP display and buy some of their "goodies". But now, it'll be interesting to see if they even show up there. The event is in just a couple of weeks and I have not seen any mention here on Spyderlovers, or on the Spyderquest web site, that they will be there. As for the Can-Am event site, there are absolutely no events currently listed at all.
    Thay are just a sponsor not a vendor at spyderquest.
    Yhey will be a no show

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    Where were you? I took a demo ride on a 2015 RTS from the BRP demo display and truck in the fairgrounds parking lot at Spyderfest 2015.
    They were doing demo rides, but before the 2015 SF, they also had a tech trailer, and lots of accessories and gear for sale at some good prices. The the '15 'Fest they were barely even visible.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I have had 2 Spyders and have a lot of fun ridding them
    I went to 1 BRP event at Universal Studios in 2009 and had a great time
    I also have a Dodge pickup that cost twice as much as my 2014 Spyder and
    Chrysler has never had a owners event
    So what is everybody complaining about
    Have fun ridding that is what you bought it for
    Now 2014 RT Limited Cognac
    Was 2008 GS SM5

Don Garbarino

Cup Holder
    GPS locking holder
    Mud flap
    Modified KNOTT grill
    Phone holder and charger
    Trailer hitch
    Dual air horn
    Auxiliary fuse box with relays
    Heated clothing controller
    volt/oil pressure gauge
    Sequential signals in mirror
    Tri Axis Handle bars
    Baja Ron anti sway bar/heim links
    shorty antenna
    And many more

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    They were doing demo rides, but before the 2015 SF, they also had a tech trailer, and lots of accessories and gear for sale at some good prices. The the '15 'Fest they were barely even visible.
    Thanks for the clarification.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I have noted over the years that BRP marketing has not always been right on and that their have been glitches from time to time.
    Remember, 50% of all graduates in marketing are below average!

They ain't the first, and certainly not the last, to blow it. Remember the Chevrolet Nova, a flop in Mexico because nova means no go! And in England 25 years ago Pizza Hut had a stack of bumper stickers on the counter, "This car needs a pizza to go!" An obvious pun that fell totally flat. The English buy "take away", not "to go"! And the reheat instructions on the to go boxes gave the temp in degrees F. English ovens use numbers 1 to 6, not degrees F, or C! At least they didn't 25 years ago.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    Remember, 50% of all graduates in marketing are below average!

They ain't the first, and certainly not the last, to blow it. Remember the Chevrolet Nova, a flop in Mexico because nova means no go! And in England 25 years ago Pizza Hut had a stack of bumper stickers on the counter, "This car needs a pizza to go!" An obvious pun that fell totally flat. The English buy "take away", not "to go"! And the reheat instructions on the to go boxes gave the temp in degrees F. English ovens use numbers 1 to 6, not degrees F, or C! At least they didn't 25 years ago.
    People need to stop perpetuating the myth of the NOVA. It's not true.

http://www.snopes.com/business/misxlate/nova.asp

http://spanish.about.com/cs/culture/a/chevy_nova.htm

http://www.npr.org/2011/10/19/141473...the-chevy-nova

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HedonismBot View Post
    People need to stop perpetuating the myth of the NOVA. It's not true.
    But - but . . . it must be true. Someone posted it on the internet!

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HedonismBot View Post
    OK, we'll grant you this one, but I know the Pizza Hut one is fact! I was there!

2014 Copper RTS