Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Lafayette, La
    Posts
    28
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default Shopping for Accessories.

    I am now a proud new mommie of a 2008 SE5 and oh my gosh I want so much stuff. This one needs some goodies so any input of must haves, good buys etc is great!

    I know I want to add the following now for the shopping!

    Gotta get:

    1. Bigger windshield got whacked by a big ass bug the other say and so not liking that or the wind on the highway!
    2. Floor Boards - comfort and easier shifting.
    3. LED and better lighting - oh man getting old and can't see so well at night and so want people to see me!
    4. Better seat, my old ass needs more padding and comfort - I had a custom mustang on my old bike and loved it.
    5. Music - need tunes!

    hmm that's a good start.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Registered Users
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Omaha ne
    Posts
    665
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default WELCOME to SPYDERLAND

    I want to say WELCOME and would like to suggest to raise the handlebars for a more comfortable ride, LUV your SPYDER I have the exact same one except a 5spd. had it since Sept 08 and NO PROBLEMS except a couple of recalls, with 15,000 miles and it was my 1st bike. Think about SPYDERFEST next spring.

  3. #3
    Very Active Member coz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    cincinnati, ohio
    Posts
    2,353
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default WelcomeI

    Quote Originally Posted by serianna View Post
    I am now a proud new mommie of a 2008 SE5 and oh my gosh I want so much stuff. This one needs some goodies so any input of must haves, good buys etc is great!

    I know I want to add the following now for the shopping!

    Gotta get:

    1. Bigger windshield got whacked by a big ass bug the other say and so not liking that or the wind on the highway!
    2. Floor Boards - comfort and easier shifting.
    3. LED and better lighting - oh man getting old and can't see so well at night and so want people to see me!
    4. Better seat, my old ass needs more padding and comfort - I had a custom mustang on my old bike and loved it.
    5. Music - need tunes!

    hmm that's a good start.
    How much do you want to spend? I 've bought several comfort items off the for sale board, usually for less than half of brand new. Windshield(twice), air hawk, seats (three), belt tensioner, ect. On and on. St seats are nice and cushy. If you don't see what you want, try a "wanted to buy" post. Search the DIY board for stereo systems, there are many. I have a head unit in my trunk, and speakers on the dash. Floorboards aren't cheap, so I made my own. Many threads on those too. Not terribly difficult of a project. Haven't really bothered with much extra lighting, have some on the rear though. Good luck with your shopping you can spend a few hundred or a few thousand, or anywhere in between.
    p.s. You're right, the stock seat DOES suck.
    Last edited by coz; 08-22-2015 at 07:02 PM.
    it was fun while it lasted.

  4. #4
    aka: akspyderman ARtraveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    34,537
    Spyder Garage
    6

    Default

    Accessories (farkles) are nice. It all comes down to how much do you want to spend and how far do you want to go.

    Since you are dealing with a 2008, checking used stuff on the sale board may be a good way to go--if you can find what you want.

    I had both a 2008 and 2009 and farkle we did. $6K worth on each machine.

    For comfort, I raised the handlebars, added higher windshield, put anti-vibe weights in the handlebars, and changed out the seats.

    Also added extra lights, saddlebags, fairing, and top trunk. Turns out, I made one of the first RT's by the time I was done. Ended up trading my 2008 for a (real) 2010 RT when they came out.

    Enjoy your new ride--but farkle gently and make it yours.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-22-2015 at 02:20 PM.

    Currently Owned: 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium), 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow), 2015 Vulcan 900 LTD

    Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) Pictures of 2008 and 2009 Spyders are in Alaska Albums 2009 and 2010.
    5 Spyders, 10 years, 145,375 miles


  5. #5
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Junction City, KS, USA
    Posts
    8,049
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    What AKSpyderman said!! And you should come to Spyderfest next April! You'll be surprise all the stuff you can add to a Spyder!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

  6. #6
    Active Member Michael211_2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, TX
    Posts
    358
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by serianna View Post
    I am now a proud new mommie of a 2008 SE5 and oh my gosh I want so much stuff...
    2. Floor Boards - comfort and easier shifting.
    ...
    Congrats on your new baby! But, if it's an SE5 what makes you think floor boards would make for easier shifting? SE5 is the electronic paddle shifter sub-model, and the paddle is up on the handlebar not at your feet!

    Just saying...

    - Michael

  7. #7
    Registered Users
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Lafayette, La
    Posts
    28
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default $$$

    Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    How much do you want to spend? I 've bought several comfort items off the for sale board, usually for less than half of brand new. Windshield(twice), air hawk, seats (three), belt tensioner, ect. On and on. St seats are nice and cushy. If you don't see what you want, try a "wanted to buy" post. Search the DIY board for stereo systems, there are many. I have a head unit in my trunk, and speakers on the dash. Floorboards aren't cheap, so I made my own. Many threads on those too. Not terribly difficult of a project. Haven't really bothered with much extra lighting, have some on the rear though. Good luck with your shopping you can spend a few hundred or a few thousand, or anywhere in between.
    p.s. You're right, the stock seat DOES suck.
    Great question and the poor working girl answer is for the best smallest price possible lol

  8. #8
    Registered Users
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Lafayette, La
    Posts
    28
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Cool SE5 or SM5

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael211_2000 View Post
    Congrats on your new baby! But, if it's an SE5 what makes you think floor boards would make for easier shifting? SE5 is the electronic paddle shifter sub-model, and the paddle is up on the handlebar not at your feet!

    Just saying...

    - Michael

    Think there may be crossed wires on which machine you are referring to? I am learning about the differences of the models but mine is a the 2008 GS SE5 and it is a 5 speed manual shift.

    Just saying...

  9. #9
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Not Here
    Posts
    92,479
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #10
    Very Active Member JerryB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,926
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Hi serianna,

    Re: mine is a the 2008 GS SE5 and it is a 5 speed manual shift.

    It is either a SE-5 ( electronic shift ) or a SM-5 ( manual shift ), not both.

    I have received your PM; I've got a busy day & won't be home this evening. I will try to respond tomorrow,

    Jerry Baumchen

    SE-5)

    Attached Images Attached Images
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

    'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

    2008 GS SE-5

  11. #11
    Very Active Member Chupaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA.
    Posts
    30,910
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default Welcome..!! Welcome..!!

    To both the spyder world and this strangely amazing site. Congrats on your new ryde..!! you can shop right here on the home page with our sponsors and the for sale forum. Then of course there is the whole online thing...have fun shopping and ryding...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

    ​2012 RS sm5

  12. #12
    Very Active Member MikeinGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mount Airy,Ga.
    Posts
    1,306
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by serianna View Post
    I am now a proud new mommie of a 2008 SE5 and oh my gosh I want so much stuff. This one needs some goodies so any input of must haves, good buys etc is great!

    I know I want to add the following now for the shopping!

    Gotta get:

    1. Bigger windshield got whacked by a big ass bug the other say and so not liking that or the wind on the highway!
    2. Floor Boards - comfort and easier shifting.
    3. LED and better lighting - oh man getting old and can't see so well at night and so want people to see me!
    4. Better seat, my old ass needs more padding and comfort - I had a custom mustang on my old bike and loved it.
    5. Music - need tunes!

    hmm that's a good start.
    This is the biggest windshield one that I have seen. http://store.spyder.brp.com/product/...Windshield_Kit

    Mike

  13. #13
    Registered Users
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Lafayette, La
    Posts
    28
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    This is the biggest windshield one that I have seen. http://store.spyder.brp.com/product/...Windshield_Kit

    Mike

    Much appreciated, I so need this, eating bugs is not in my diet! :P

    Seri

  14. #14
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Not Here
    Posts
    92,479
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    This Guy liked them just fine...

    Attached Images Attached Images

  15. #15
    Registered Users
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    2
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I have a C.H.A.D touring shield i'd be willing to trade for a stock sport shield.

  16. #16
    Very Active Member JerryB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,926
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Hi serianna,

    I just sent you a PM with everything that I have done to my Spyder.

    Have fun deciding and spending $$$$$.

    Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

    'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

    2008 GS SE-5

  17. #17
    Invalid Emails
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    101
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default Syder mounts for your accessories

    When you are ready to start tricking your Spyder out with a GoPro or GPS or Phone we have mounts made especially for the Sypder.
    http://www.leadermotorcycle.com/can-...?sort=alphaasc
    Made in the USA
    Congrats on your new baby!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •