Spyder Garage

Default bracket for new trip ax handlebars

I have a 2014 RT limited i purchased new this past april. i just bought the tri axial handlebars from the dealer. I know its a big job to put them on so i want them to put them on. Here is my question.
    the tech guy called and said the bracket that holds the GPS won't work with the new handlebars. The GPS came with the bike (i didn't add it) The new bracket is 260. is this legit? no one said anything about needing a new bracket for it the gps

Spyder Garage

Yes, I have a 2014 RT-Limited and I was told the same thing by four dealers when I was first looking into getting my tri-axis adjustable handlebars.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by maxummike View Post
    I have a 2014 RT limited i purchased new this past april. i just bought the tri axial handlebars from the dealer. I know its a big job to put them on so i want them to put them on. Here is my question.
    the tech guy called and said the bracket that holds the GPS won't work with the new handlebars. The GPS came with the bike (i didn't add it) The new bracket is 260. is this legit? no one said anything about needing a new bracket for it the gps
    Totally different bolt configuration at the center of the handlebar. I believe the description for the GPS bracket in the accessory catalog states will not fit on the Tri-Axis handlebar. $260 is an awful lot of money for a bracket.

Do a search on GPS mounts and forget the the handlebar location. Look at using JT's bracket and Ram mount parts and pieces. Put the GPS up higher where it'll be easier to see.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

If you look on Ebay they sell the tri-axis bracket for 149.00. You might be able to find it for less. It's not just the bracket, it also has the wiring harness attached.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Remember, the '14 GPS is a Zumo 660, unless the dealer upgraded you to the '15 Zumo 590, and the Tri-Axial bar mounts are different because of the orientation of the GPS contacts.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

if i buy the bracket and harness on the net is it hard to wire up? i just can't see spending that much for a bracket, they are already charging me around 700 to install the handlebars

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

ITs a pretty big job..lots of Tupperware ,the fairing,frunk all have to come off. As long as they are in there let them do it..The hookup is all the way back by your under seat on the right side.

Like others have stated the mounts are different hole pattern than stock bars..

Spyder Garage

if i buy the bracket and harness on the net is it hard to wire up? i just can't see spending that much for a bracket, they are already charging me around 700 to install the handlebars
    Like others have said, there is a lot involved to install the bars. That said, $700 for the install alone seems high. What is their hourly rate? I paid little over $400 for the install.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Spyder Garage

ok thanks for everyones input, ill have them install it and try to get the price down on the bracket.

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately yes you will need a new bracket. Get a hold off winless Bob. He did a series of videos when he installed his tri axis bars. The new bars only have 2. bolts and the original ones have 4. That is why the bracelet won't work
    14 RT-S , Stock Large brake pedal White Pearl

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NM Wrench View Post
    Get a hold off winless Bob.
    Winless Bob????? Sometimes typos are downright amusing! You meant finless Bob, right?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Part 1:
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    Winless Bob????? Sometimes typos are downright amusing! You meant finless Bob, right?
    Damn auto spell on my smartphone and not checking before I send it . Yes I meant finless Bob
    14 RT-S , Stock Large brake pedal White Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    ITs a pretty big job..lots of Tupperware ,the fairing,frunk all have to come off. As long as they are in there let them do it..The hookup is all the way back by your under seat on the right side.

Like others have stated the mounts are different hole pattern than stock bars..
    You do not have to remove the frunk. I know as I did mine and I did not remove it, but agree that there is a lot to be removed.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Pia

But, easy. Just takes time. Maybe 6 hours, going slow. At 700 bucks, pay yourself 100 an hour! Use the rest for tools! Really is easy. Go for it! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    You do not have to remove the frunk. I know as I did mine and I did not remove it, but agree that there is a lot to be removed.
    Your right but I wanted more room to work on the bike anyway It made it much easier to get to the fairing once the frunk was removed..

Spyder Garage

$400-$700 to install the handlebars is a lot! I didn't realize it took so long to install the tri axis handlebars.

2015 Can-Am RT Limited Pearl White
    Farkle: Laser alignment, Bararon sway bar, Bump skid with LED, Tri Axis adjustable handlebar, BRP heated comfort seat, Utopia backrest, Kott grills, Tailgunner Black Widow exhaust, BRP adjustable side wind deflectors, and Upper wind deflectors.