Thread: January

Invalid Emails
    Pensacola Florida & Baja Alabama (Robertsdale)
    Spyder Garage

Default January

Almost did not ride to Dialysis Monday as the temp dipped to the mid thirties. Will be about the same this AM and maybe even into the twenties by Friday morning. The days are still getting into the forty-five to fifty range. Of course to get that cold here it takes a clear sky, dry, high pressure dome. While I was still working there were many nights I rode the 25 miles to or from work in subfreezing weather on both the CB-750 and the PC. The Spyder has NEARLY the protection of the PC and actually will produce a little heat, never could get the PC hot enough to warm anything.

Have only seen snow three times in the thirty years here. Actually rode the Rebel 450 I had during one of those, Harley had picked that day to bring around their rolling museum to Pensacola. Had Riders from all over the area showing up bundled to the hilt, did not hear of any major accidents. Did get a couple of reports of bike seats being tightly pinched during a couple of slips and slides but no injuries. Had enough accumulate that the Myrtle Grove Fire Department had a real Snow Man out front.

Shunkmanitu, Ikce Wicasa, EWC, USN (ret)
    100% Disabled Agent Orange VietNam Vet.
    Owner of Iktome Luta! (Red CanAm Spyder)

Spyder Garage

I'm out there with you. Once the temps. get that low here there are only a few of us with the correct gear and the willingness to put it on. It was in the twenties the Monday before Christmas. I did not see anyone else out there enjoying the open air experience but me. Tuesday when it was in the thirties I did see one other brave soul. Of course by Christmas day it was almost T shirt weather. This will be a cold week for us, for sure. I will see you on the road. I alternate between my BMW(2 wheels) and the Spyder.
    Ryde Safe and Enjoy
    sabunim5
    Happy owner of Silver PE #1232
    All The Gear All The Time - ATGATT
    Gulf Coast SpyderRyders

Invalid Emails
    Pensacola Florida & Baja Alabama (Robertsdale)
    Spyder Garage

Default Iktome said it was 57>>>

Quote Originally Posted by sabunim5 View Post
    I'm out there with you. Once the temps. get that low here there are only a few of us with the correct gear and the willingness to put it on. It was in the twenties the Monday before Christmas. I did not see anyone else out there enjoying the open air experience but me. Tuesday when it was in the thirties I did see one other brave soul. Of course by Christmas day it was almost T shirt weather. This will be a cold week for us, for sure. I will see you on the road. I alternate between my BMW(2 wheels) and the Spyder.
    Ryde Safe and Enjoy
    sabunim5
    >>>when I got back from the Package Store. I don't drink anymore of course but keep wine and brandy on hand for cooking and sauces. It is so nice that I have the heat off and the front and kitchen doors open to vent the oven.

I have already moved the grill out to the farm so am oven braising some pork ribs. Will then give them a trip under the broiler when tender. Using my favorit dry rub blend from an Alton Brown show on the Food Network. I add a bit of liquid smoke, slow cook them at 250, finish them off basted under the flame, and they are the next best thing to all night on the smoker.

Once we get the garden in over in Alabama I will probably have feral hog, deer, and maybe even goat to keep the grill and smoker busy. The old Billy did show up once on our back porch and Carolyn ran him off with a spade. Spotted him one more time down Strawberry LN and heard he had been chasing the kids over on Whispering Pines and have not seen him since.

Had to wait a little while the other day for the quail to get out of the road. Probably will introduce a couple more breeding pairs this year so should have several covies next year. At least two now with a dozen birds each and will support several more.

Seen several notes from "Toni" in Seminol but have not got any answers when replying to her. Over home (same area) several times a week both in the trucka and on the Spyder but have not spotted her. Ask at the CITGO at 87 & 32 but the clerk says he has seen no other Spyders. Will check the station at 87 and US-90 and the little store in the village.