Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Angry Funky Frunk switch 2008 SE5

I recently joined the Spyder family and my ride let me down and when I pressed the frunk switch sometimes it is working and other times it does not, Damn thing locked me out the other night with all my goodies in it and would not open at all, and today it worked twice then nada. So, where is the best place to buy this kind of part and any trouble shooting tips are appreciated. It seems like the switch itself is going out, have checked the wires and connections and they look fine. Trying to see if I can repair this myself as the local dealer wants $80 an hour!

Merci from Cajun Country!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by serianna View Post
    I recently joined the Spyder family and my ride let me down and when I pressed the frunk switch sometimes it is working and other times it does not, Damn thing locked me out the other night with all my goodies in it and would not open at all, and today it worked twice then nada. So, where is the best place to buy this kind of part and any trouble shooting tips are appreciated. It seems like the switch itself is going out, have checked the wires and connections and they look fine. Trying to see if I can repair this myself as the local dealer wants $80 an hour!

Merci from Cajun Country!
    If you have an electrical trunk switch on a 2008, that must be some add-on; it's not OEM. I have a field installed combination electrical/hydraulic mechanism. Do you have something that looks like a plunger that makes contact with the trunk release linkage? If you do, I'd start there; then, check the continuity across the switch. My set up has a pushbutton switch, and a hydraulic plunger.
    Last edited by wyliec; 08-20-2015 at 09:26 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default switches and glitches

Checked it out with a friend of mine and it is an add on, due to the $$ of full repair, and just needs a new toggle switch thanks.