Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

My laser alignment was done in less than an hour.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Sending an Email directly to BRP, or for that matter, Yamaha, Honda, Arctic Cat, Suzuki, etc. is like yelling in the forest.

You need to find out who your area rep is for your brand, and email that person. It's quicker, more efficient, more likely to be read and replied to.

I've found this out by trying to get the big 4 (snowmobile manufacturers) to sponsor some events for our annual state snowmobile convention.

Spyder Garage

Default The Rest of the Story.....

Took advantage of a beautiful day here in SW VA to ride down to the next nearest CanAm dealer, Honda/CanAm of Winston Salem, NC. A VERY helpful service rep not only told me what they charge for these two
    services, he even gave me a printed copy of their price list for the first four services!

Ready for this?
    3000 mile service "my" dealer - 5 hours plus parts, supplies, etc.
    Winston Salem - 2 hour flat rate, plus parts, supplies, etc.

Laser align "my" dealer - 4 hours
    Winston-Salem - $100, 1 hour duration.

I've documented both this service experience and the earlier delivery hassles to the General Manager of the shop. Disappointed, but not surprised to have no response from him. Over the years, I've learned that
    many organizations reflect their leadership.

When I started this thread, I hesitated to name the dealer, as I didn't want to inaccurately condemn them. But with your knowledge and that gained today, it is obvious that this is an unprofessional organization who
    shall now be named: Star City Powersports, Roanoke, VA.

You've been warned. Buyer beware!

Cheers, John

Spyder Garage

Default Find a new dealer

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    RE: Laser alignment. We had two of them done on my machines by Joe and Ann from Squared Away. The time for each RT was less than an hour.

No idea where your dealer is coming up with four hours. If he is charging shop rate plus a price for the alignment, you are getting the six foot golden shaft.
    I had my 2014 RTL laser aligned by Ann and Joe, from Squared Away, recently. They also installed mirror turn indicators and a LED flag on the rear finder. Total cost including parts and labor was under $450.00. The quality of work was outstanding. Total time 1.5 hours which included very friendly conversation. If you see that dealer coming your way, run away, run far away!

Spyder Garage

Bought my used 2010 Spyder from a dealer up in Waco because of price. I will likely do most of the service myself as there no longer is any warranty. I called three dealers today for estimates on a new rear tire. We are going on a trip soon and I don't really have time for a tire session. Buy tire, remove wheel from Spyder, take wheel/tire into town to have it mounted/balanced and then replace. I will spend the extra bucks this time.. In any case, dealer 1: $265 tire/labor, dealer 2: $285 tire/labor and the grand prize goes to dealer #3! $500 for same. OUCH. When I got my lazer alignment done, it was $125. The $500 dealer quioted me $375. Do these folks really expect people to buy from them or have service done there? The store owner seems like a great guy too... maybe I will talk with him some time.
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM5