Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Ouch! Well actually they were to have a BRP tech here but they fired him 5 days before the rally and the BRP rep who was to talk bailed out.

Jack
    Jack, that was a dealer tech not a BRP representative.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NautiBrit View Post
    I'm with you on this change of venue, Jack. Much as I love riding in Arizona, southern Utah has memorable roads. Summer heat may be a problem, but the roads are always great.
    We were talking about Seotember or October. St. George.

2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Sad...!!

We weren't looking for much, a booth with some product, a rep to talk to (cancelled at the last moment) maybe a van parked out front tech talk would have been nice. They did give all registered a owners event pin, don't know about the financial aide but they always put on the final dinner for us...hope the others get more. We were a smaller event...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    If you read the entire memo it indicates they were supposed to be there.

"In addition to the Owner's Events, the complete 2015 Can-Am Spyder line up will appear at..."
    And I'll bet that between all the riders present, there was a COMPLETE line up of 2015 Spyders present.
    But again nothing says BRP "reps" will be there.

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about on this. They were not at the Three wheel Rally in Deadwood either and I didn't hear anyone complain about that. I think they gave all the events $7000.00 if I remember right. Was that not considered support? I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    I am going to doubt that "a little"......

The F3 is sporty! Possibly more sporty than the RS.

I don't see how they would make an F3 into a RS and give that lower price point. At least not this year which is why I said above "derivatives"......
    Probably not in 2016.

If they keep the RS I bet it will remain a 998.

Bob
    F3 the sporty model? Yeah, like a Harley Tri-Glide is a "sporty" model. The F3 is a cruiser - period. My personal opinion is that BRP messed up by not producing a seriously hardcore RSS. No doubt their market research people said that was not the way to go but market research people have screwed up before. Remember the Pontiac Aztek? I think this situation is similar to Buick's in that Buick's base is getting older and older and Buick is doing nothing to get younger buyer's into the showrooms. I see BRP making the same mistake. BRP might not sell all that many sportbike like RSS's but they would sell more than one might expect and it for sure would change the image of the Spyder brand. You guys have posted here many times about how Spyders are the Rodney Dangerfield's of the motorcycle world. RT's and F3's alone are not going to change that.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I'm not sure what all the fuss is about on this. They were not at the Three wheel Rally in Deadwood either and I didn't hear anyone complain about that. I think they gave all the events $7000.00 if I remember right. Was that not considered support? I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I agree supporting the seven events is great.

I think the one item that some people liked the most about the one yearly owner event was the chance for the average Joe to actually speak face to face with a factory service tech or someone else from BRP about their spyder.

How often do most of us bump into the BRP rep at our local dealer?
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2014 XLR Viper 305V14 Toyhauler (Home)
    2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders
    2010 Blue RT A&C SE5 53K plus miles - never left us stranded!
    2013 Pure Magnesium Metallic ST SE5 11K plus miles - never left us stranded!

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    We were talking about Seotember or October. St. George.
    I'm good with Utah. Need to explore that state.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

$7,000 is indeed support! We need to hear from whomever ran the event. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Not sure Caitlyn received $7000. If so this year was no different from last year when no money was received. Maybe Caitlyn could answer this.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I guess we aren't as nice as the people who went to Deadwood.

Not sure Caitlyn received $7000. If so this year was no different from last year when no money was received. Maybe Caitlyn could answer this.

Jack
    Jack, they have paid for the final dinner each year this was no different. I think the problem is that SITR at some point posted that there would be BRP reps at the event.

2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Seems to me BRP is damned if they do and damned if they don't. Up until this year they had one Owner's Event a year. If it was in the eastern part of the US the people in the West complained. If it was out West, well you guessed it. This year they agreed to support 7 events(I think) in different areas of the country and at different times of the year. Do you really think they should load up their demo trailers and country store and take all over the country for 200 owners at each event? Yes, I know about Spyderfest but the rest are not that heavily attended. If they did physically attend each event do you think it would entice more people to attend because they are there? Personally I always went to events to meet other spyder rider. If BRP was there, fine. If not, well fine. Just sayin....
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    Seems to me BRP is damned if they do and damned if they don't. Up until this year they had one Owner's Event a year. If it was in the eastern part of the US the people in the West complained. If it was out West, well you guessed it. This year they agreed to support 7 events(I think) in different areas of the country and at different times of the year. Do you really think they should load up their demo trailers and country store and take all over the country for 200 owners at each event? Yes, I know about Spyderfest but the rest are not that heavily attended. If they did physically attend each event do you think it would entice more people to attend because they are there? Personally I always went to events to meet other spyder rider. If BRP was there, fine. If not, well fine. Just sayin....

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I guess we aren't as nice as the people who went to Deadwood.

Jack, they have paid for the final dinner each year this was no different. I think the problem is that SITR at some point posted that there would be BRP reps at the event.
    Ann, I thought the $50 entry fee we paid-paid for the dinner. My point was I saw no extra in the event this year than last. If the $7000 was received what was the money spent on and what extra benefit did the attendees receive this year over last? I saw no difference.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Well..!!

Ann, I thought the $50 entry fee we paid-paid for the dinner. My point was I saw no extra in the event this year than last. If the $7000 was received what was the money spent on and what extra benefit did the attendees receive this year over last? I saw no difference.

Jack
    Jack, you did get a pin (post #53) and they had posters about the place...
    but then the last two events had banners and rep's... and we did have Fred and cherrie Rau so I guess we could lighten up...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I was at the deadwood rally and I did make a comment about a no show by BRP... as far as the $7000 not sure we got our moneys worth a pulled pork sandwich can't cost that much. the Slingshot bunch got a lot more from there support team. jtpollock just say'n.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I kind of feel sorry for BRP...
    We are all such a bunch of ungrateful Bds...
    If they give STRONG financial support to an event; we want them to bring their Techs in for a couple of days also..
    This will eventually get to the point where folks will complain that BRP didn't offer to service and wash everyone's bike for free...
    Give them a break...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Lamont,

With all due respect, that's a little like saying you don't have to "be there" for your wife because you give her money instead.

I think that BRP's presence at major Spyder events would go long way toward showing owners, who made of large investment in their product, feel that BRP appreciates their business. . That sort of thing can really promote buyer loyalty - especially in the recreation products industry.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    If they did physically attend each [major] event do you think it would entice more people to attend because they are there?
    Absolutely, l think it would. And I also think it would enable BRP to sell more product down the road. Spending money to promote brand loyalty will always pay off.
    Last edited by robmorg; 08-24-2015 at 09:03 AM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Bottom line here is Caitlyn and her crew did an amazing job organizing SITR and worked very hard to put this on BRP or no BRP.

Like Lydia said: Never expect anything and you will never be disappointed!

Jack
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Maybe some of us got spoiled by the Owners single event in the past. It was nice to be able to talk to BRP techs and get a little more information from the factory folks.

I had a problem in Durango and the pro's looked it over and assured me it was not a problem just a louse radiator cap but they gave me the time and set me at ease to be able to enjoy the rest of the event.

It surly went a long way with me that is one reason why when I had so many problems at the beginning of this year and everyone was saying to dump the RSS I had to hang on till I got it fixed I now have over 50,000 miles and a lot more smiles jtpollock

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I remember those "dark days", that you endured.
    Glad to hear that you got through it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

As I understand it the west coast representative for BRP, I think her first name is Tamara, WAS supposed to attend, in fact, lead the run to the Shriners Tree onThursday. Unfortunately a family situation forced her to bow out. I took her place being the Road Captain to the tree. I am disappointed that there's more to do who was not there and not for who. Katlyn and company pours their hearts into producing the best west coast rally for Spyders, with or without BRP assistance. St. George will be a swell spot for a rally. Personally, I've been thinking about another spot which may be better logistically but I will let everyone guess. My guess for what gets dumped is the ST. It's a tweener model. For just a couple thousand more you can have the RT. I agree the 1330 will be the flagship engine. Whatever bikes on the assembly line must accept that engine. The RS is the intro model. Cheap enough to wet your appetite for more. It did mine. The RSS appeals to young speedsters. But it is a difficult model to ride for the middle aged plus crowd.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.