Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I have no inside knowledge of what was promised to who but from what I gathered BRP promised financial support for the events, not tech support. Feel free to correct me if something else was said or documented.
    Sounds right....

http://us8.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...d=dc48829ab6&e

I guess people expected them to be at these events?

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Sounds right....

http://us8.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...d=dc48829ab6&e

I guess people expected them to be at these events?

Bob
    I read the press release and see that they had committed to sponsor those events. I see no inference of their actually attending them.

(That's not to say they shouldn't have at least had some representation at the events)

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

Contact info for the PR gal was on that press release. Why not ask her if their lack of
    an appearance is an issue with you?

For information:
    Johanne Denault
    Manager, Corporate Communications
    Tel: 450.532.5173
    johanne.denault@brp.com

wiredgeorge Mico TX
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
    Contact info for the PR gal was on that press release. Why not ask her if their lack of
    an appearance is an issue with you?

For information:
    Johanne Denault
    Manager, Corporate Communications
    Tel: 450.532.5173
    johanne.denault@brp.com

Now now...why do that when you can speculate wildly and try to whip people up into an unnecessary frenzy?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HedonismBot View Post
    Now now...why do that when you can speculate wildly and try to whip people up into an unnecessary frenzy?

Ouch! Well actually they were to have a BRP tech here but they fired him 5 days before the rally and the BRP rep who was to talk bailed out.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BRP: Broken Rally Promises?
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 08-20-2015 at 06:23 PM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Side by Side

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderRx View Post
    I made made a decision to buy th ST over the F3. It is 2 different riding styles. I bought the ST because I believe it is the best bike for touring outside of the RT. Better storage, ability to pull a trailer, etc. Also, I bought the ST Limited for about $8-10,000 less if you added the same options to the F3-S. Very happy with my decision!
    dont know if I could feel that way. The F3 has many looks and fits. It adapts to your riding style, unlike the ST

Spyder Garage

Our rally is gonna be in early September, maybe we will see them there and maybe not. I am more interested in putting the event on for the owners of the spyders, rather than the manufacturer. I know for a fact that BRP has stepped up with support for SpyderQuest III, and the NY Spyder Riders greatly appreciate it. If a rep happens to show up.......Great. If they do not, we will still have all the group rides, and party like rock stars.

One more thing..........Come to the dark side, we have cookies

Just sayin'...........
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

OFF TOPIC...............

BRP where are you at Redwoods ?
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Spyder Garage

If you really read the press release, BRP only committed to "sponsor" these events. Does this mean that they contributed money to these individual events? if so, for what? They never committed to actually "be" at these events. It's an avoidance technique. If they are not there, they don't have to talk to anyone.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WEB-WVR View Post
    OFF TOPIC...............

BRP where are you at Redwoods ?
    My bad . I get distracted very easily when my meds wear off. Does anyone at the rally know the name of the new rep for the area? Maybe a phone call could be made if a number could be found? I was fairly certain that BRP was monitoring this web site, but I could be wrong. Hope you hear something soon.

Just sayin'............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

If you read the entire memo it indicates they were supposed to be there.

"In addition to the Owner's Events, the complete 2015 Can-Am Spyder line up will appear at..."

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post

"In addition to the Owner's Events, the complete 2015 Can-Am Spyder line up will appear at..."
    I stand corrected. But they still don't want to talk to anybody.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Any dealer in the area can bring the entire Spyder lineup at SITR. No need to have the BRP trailer on site...

Spyder Garage

That's it, I'm painting the RTs entirely flat black.

I just wanna ride.

PK

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's it, I'm painting the RTs entirely flat black.
    I just wanna ride.
    PK
    Or was that "Triple Black"?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Or was that "Triple Black"?
    I think three coats would cover it.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup!
    By the way; ONE Month to go, before the REAL roll-out!

Spyder Garage

Thank you Pmk! That was my understanding from the beginning.

Dealer rep for the west was to at least be here. She cancelled five days before the event. Caitlyn indicated this may be the last year for SITR. She now lives in Salt Lake City, UT. She announced that the next year it will possibly be in Southern UT. That would be great IMO. Best riding in the U.S. In my opinion. Zion,Bryce,Capital Reef, highway 12 and Torrey.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Caitlyn indicated this may be the last year for SITR. She now lives in Salt Lake City, UT. She announced that the next year it will possibly be in Southern UT. That would be great IMO. Best riding in the U.S. In my opinion. Zion,Bryce,Capital Reef, highway 12 and Torrey
    I'm with you on this change of venue, Jack. Much as I love riding in Arizona, southern Utah has memorable roads. Summer heat may be a problem, but the roads are always great.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Spyder Garage

Default Competition is comming

I was as disappointed as all the other SITR attendance.

I am not sure how BRP don't see the competition coming in and capturing market share, I do see how well Polaris is promoting the Slingshot and BRP is seating on the sideline. As someone that experienced many companies in the high tech business I saw many companies seating on the sideline feeling too comfortable and by now they are gone (Remember Digital, Compaq...)

I hope BRP will wake up soon before it is too late.
    This message was sent between rides

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    She announced that the next year it will possibly be in Southern UT. That would be great IMO. Best riding in the U.S. In my opinion. Zion,Bryce,Capital Reef, highway 12 and Torrey.
    The big challenge there will be timing vs accommodations. Reservations for hotels and campgrounds will have to be made weeeeelllllllll in advance, if my experience this past May is any indicator. I could not find, on short notice, any room or camp spot available anywhere in the vicinity of Zion and Bryce when I tried in mid-May on my way home from Syderfest. Grand Canyon and southern Utah are cram packed full of visitors from early May to end of September.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

To paraphrase the emerging corporate line: "BRP only promised to sponsor events, not attend them"...

Ummm, what the heck is with this goalpost moving? That was absolutely, positively, NEVER the impression that was given by anyone affiliated with BRP when the multi-rally plan was announced. Nobody back at the announcement suggested ANYTHING other than BRP attending each and every event, in some capacity.

A plan, I seem to recall, I joined in criticizing back in the day as unrealistic. Oh, look, a wayback machine:

Surely some, perhaps even most, rally-attending Spyder riders will attend more than one event, but I can't help but imagine that attendance at any one particular event will be less, and the BRP involvement diluted (they only have so much marketing money to spend, and now they get to spend it across seven events versus one).

Before, the Spyder community could look at each other and honestly ask, "Hey, will I see you at the Owner's Event this year?" and you'd have instant rapport.

Now, the answer to that question will be, "Ummm, yeah, which one?", as the Spyder community will be atomized across rallies, some well-attended (Spyderfest, Spyders in the Adirondacks), others not so much. For those of us who sadly don't have the time or money to attend more than one or two events, we're now left to figure out which one is worth going to.

What a silly thought-- obviously, the BRP events not to go to were the BRP events where BRP didn't show up, duh!

Anyway, I always thought it was a bad idea to replace the single owner's event, both bad for the riders but also for BRP. Was I right to think that?
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Default And the winner is ...

Spyder Garage

They only help support only. You all need to read the blog they posted. It's on BRP page.