Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default The thrill is gone...

along with my 2014 Spyder RSS, replaced it with a 2015 RT SS at an attractive discount. I got the black over ruby with red contrast stitching. Its beautiful.

BUT I miss that 2 cylinder sound, and the rev-matched downshifts! My RT sounds like an old Chevy Vega by comparison.

I picked it up last Friday, and by Sunday evening I had 702 comfortable miles. Its truly an interstate cruiser. I don't think I own enough clothes to fill the 3 trunks!

Anyone have comments about the "premium" sound system? To me it sounds terrible, and with the helmet on and constant wind rush, how can one hear musical tones faithfully reproduced anyway, so why bother?

Long distance travel-in comfort-is why I switched.

Love the air suspension. Does anyone know if by switching the shock to a firmer setting make the bike go into a "sport mode" like some cars do?

Thanks

Spyder Garage

No sport mode by switching the shocks, I'm told all it really does is move the front end up and down a bit. Eco mode, however, is an anti-sport mode.

The sound system isn't great, I use bluetooth helmet speakers through my iPhone, which I've set up to sit and charge in the center of my handlebars. I don't bother with the included radio - it's best to use when not wearing a helmet and in motion. I'm sure it sounds wonderful in the showroom.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Default Sound suggestion....

Try ear plugs when riding on the interstate at high speeds, and turn up your radio. The ear plugs remove the ambient sounds, road noises, whistling, etc. to allow you to hear the music, conversations with passenger or blue tooth device. It really works, and saves you from possible hearing loss too.

I bought a jumbo box off the internet and its going to last me awhile.
    1439948279306-1835231887.jpg
    Brian Kay - Kennesaw, GA
    2014 RT-S SM6 Pearl White (KHAOS)
    TricLED 3rd and 4th Brake Lights - TricLED Turn Signals - TricLED Side Fender Lights - Airhawk R Seat Pad - Smoothspyder Belt Tensioner - JT's Dash Mount - JT's USB and 12v Power Unit - Stebel 139dB Multi Sound Horn - Lamonster NBV Highway Pegs - BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors - Cal-Sci Stock Extra Wide Windshield - Baja Ron Sway Bar - WrapMySpyder 1330 Triple decals - Ultimate Tallboy Seat - BRP Sat Radio - ELKA Stage 2 Front Shocks

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear your enjoying the new RT. on your new and all those miles.

There has always been a bit of a complaint about the sound system. It should be better for a $30K machine.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I put Baja Ron's anti sway bar and front shock adjusters on my 2014 RT Limited and it corners much better
    More like my 2008 GS did
    But it will never sound as good as the V twin
    mine sounds like an older VW diesel
    Now 2014 RT Limited Cognac
    Was 2008 GS SM5

Don Garbarino

Cup Holder
    GPS locking holder
    Mud flap
    Modified KNOTT grill
    Phone holder and charger
    Trailer hitch
    Dual air horn
    Auxiliary fuse box with relays
    Heated clothing controller
    volt/oil pressure gauge
    Sequential signals in mirror
    Tri Axis Handle bars
    Baja Ron anti sway bar/heim links
    shorty antenna
    And many more

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default About the sound....

I don't know bout an old chevy Vega, mine seems more like a pizzed off Geo Metro.....

But love it anyway....the engine and tranny is what I love most bout my RT. :-)

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Agreed, we do the same

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kay View Post
    Try ear plugs when riding on the interstate at high speeds, and turn up your radio. The ear plugs remove the ambient sounds, road noises, whistling, etc. to allow you to hear the music, conversations with passenger or blue tooth device. It really works, and saves you from possible hearing loss too.

I bought a jumbo box off the internet and its going to last me awhile.
    1439948279306-1835231887.jpg
    IMG_20150223_223407.jpg