Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Doc, I don't oppose your vent installation. However the plastic on the top of the 1330 is not the airbox. The plastic atop the engine is the intake manifold. The concept of replacing it similar to the V twin may not have the same merits.

The two airboxes sit left and right of center and have little effect on blocking airflow.

The 1330 throttle body is forward facing. The still airbox is forward forward of that. The duct that couple the 1 airbox to the still airbox its over the steering unit. Airbox #1 is on the left side.

The airboxes could be removed, not sure you would gain much. The intake manifold would be more difficult, but someone with enough skills, time and money could design a new one. Lot of work though.

PK
    You didn't comprehend what I wrote. The 1330 suffers the same problem that the 998's have in that you can't get to the spark plugs easily. The 1330 is worse. As you so illustrated in the second picture showing the 2 airboxes that cover the top of the 1330 engine thus making it impossible to get to the spake plugs. Read the shop manual for changing the plugs. So removing the airboxes has merit if one wants to easily work on the top of the engine are with out removing a bunch of interference just to do the job.Why would one want to remove the air intake and throttle body. The design as it stands makes it easy to come up with a new air filter design like the one for the 998 engines.

Spyder Garage

Doc, you are correct, every 28,000 miles I need to remove one airbox to replace spark plugs.

Sorry I did not comprehend everything you posted about removing heat or how involved replacing spark plugs might be.

But now the real question about keeping the rider cooler. If you install the scoops, there is no means to run the BRP air deflectors. How does the rider aim airflow onto themselves with the scoop in the way and blocking the flow to the rider?

All the best.

PK

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

But now the real question about keeping the rider cooler. If you install the scoops, there is no means to run the BRP air deflectors. How does the rider aim airflow onto themselves with the scoop in the way and blocking the flow to the rider?
    This is my solution.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...48#post1026648

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Doc, you are correct, every 28,000 miles I need to remove one airbox to replace spark plugs.

Sorry I did not comprehend everything you posted about removing heat or how involved replacing spark plugs might be.

All the best.

PK
    I had the BRP air deflectors and was not impressed with there performance riding in the high 90 degree weather here for the last month and a half. I have the windshield that has the vent in it that in the summer I open except if it is raining. It provides air where it is needed (upper body). If you feel the air stream of the open air deflectors it is pulling hot air out of the engine compartment and directing it back to the rider.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    HEY SARGE ...GET A LIFE ........Mike.......And if you really think this is of major concern , I suggest you contact the administrator and have Him eliminate ALL the colors except BLACK.............
    OR you could simply Post in Black letters like everyone else? What you say is Important and you Do Not need to Post in Red?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Called the dealer today to get the scoops. Lucky I had the part # and the price. He started out at $150 each until I insisted that everyone was getting them for $67, finally he agreed and after I went over there and paid for them, ordered them. Not allowed to take a CC# over the phone, WTF.

Thanks Doc for providing the correct info.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Doc, I installed the scoops today, your help with the blind holes is appreciated. Somewhere it said that when you installed the main scoop you should take the grill off and then install it again. I did that on the first one, but it isn't necessary, so didn't on the 2nd one. Someone else had an issue reinstalling the air wings and had to re-engineer them. I have the Baker ones and I could re-install the top ones, but their movement is limited but still useful.

Attached Images Attached Images

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Request for Can Am Spyder Air Scoop Template

Quote Originally Posted by Doc - Riverside View Post
    You can order any color as long as it is BLACK. If you want matching colors you will have to get them painted yourself.

They are the BRP Scoops. Part number 219800388. As mentioned in other threads they are $67.00 plus tax. The vents are a great accessory at an unbelievable price from BRP.

Cooler glove box and seat area

Price above. You don't need the template. Send me a PM with your E-mail address and I'll send you a PDF file on how I did the install.

As explained above. Plus one of the very first mods I did was the CAT Bypass.

If anyone wants the instructions on how I installed them without the template send me a PM with your E-Mail address.
    Just registered on this site and sent you a pm for the template. Please let me know if my pm made it through to you. Thanks!

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RT vent kit on 2014 RT

Got the scoops put on my 2012 by the dealer for zero cost on Saturday. They seemed good on the way home. I will give them a better test on Tuesday.[someATTACH]115440[/ATTACH]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441643582.810788.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1441643591.496684.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1441643600.729835.jpg
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Wink Scoops going on

I ordered scoops and dealer will install next week when in for my 20k service. Wow only 8 months and 20k on my 2014 RTL.
    Anyway thanks for info but dealer cut me some slack and tech has put on several on 2013 retro so I'll let him do it.
    FYI, Canadian dealer here was $74.00 for kit and max $150.00 to install.
    CMS in Courtenay installed them. Craig did good job!
    Last edited by RTL1330; 11-02-2015 at 12:22 AM.
    2020 RTL - Petrol Blue Metalic / Black, dark model.
    Colour match rear tail cover, Garmin GPS.
    Heated Ultra Comfort driver seat & backrest.
    LED headlamps, LED Front corner lamps and lower front LED lamp.
    Baja Ron sway bar.
    Ride Til You Rot!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default air scoops

Finally found your post again. could you please send me the info on your install of the scoops.

You can order any color as long as it is BLACK. If you want matching colors you will have to get them painted yourself.

They are the BRP Scoops. Part number 219800388. As mentioned in other threads they are $67.00 plus tax. The vents are a great accessory at an unbelievable price from BRP.

Price above. You don't need the template. Send me a PM with your E-mail address and I'll send you a PDF file on how I did the install.

If anyone wants the instructions on how I installed them without the template send me a PM with your E-Mail address.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the response/PDF file on the air scoops and heat recall-

I received the material that you sent. The picture of the heat recall looks the same on my spyder. No vents were installed so when I go back to thew dealer I am going to see if he would supply the scoops and I will install them. Thanks for all the material that you sent. Dave in MI.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Gee... Do you think that they'd ever offer them in the popular body colors?
    ...Maybe just leave the front end of them Black...
    ! I have them on my bike, and as soon as I have a chance I'm going to have them painted or cover with carbon fiber!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Thanks Y'all

My thanks to y'all and specially Doc-Riverside! BRP will be Good-Will comping me the air vents on my 2011 RT.

Spyder Garage

Default Where do I get them?

I have the exact same 2014 and I would like to get those on mine. Where did you get them?

Richard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Budden View Post
    I have the exact same 2014 and I would like to get those on mine. Where did you get them?

Richard
    Just call around to dealers near you with the part number posted above. I got mine from a local dealer that had them in stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

This looks like a worth while mod, anytime you can reduce temps in the engine compartment is a good thing. Just my 2 cents.

Spyder Garage

It is smart and don't let the dealer try to charge more than the $67 List price.

Spyder Garage

Looking good Doc.

JT

Spyder Garage

Doc can you send me instructions for 15 RT-S or post them.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Vents

I recieved instructions from Dave and put these on my 2014 RTS and they preform great. My glove box is no longer hot, have cool air moving over it, and the Spyder is much lighter, as you remove two panels under the Tupperware. I cut my plastic with a dremel type tool. Good luck to all who try.
    2011 RT-S SE5 Viper Red
    2014 RT-S SE6 Cognac
    Bajaron sway bar w/ aluminum heims
    Custom Design HM Brake light
    Custom Design Red front fender lights with turn signals
    Lidlox
    Corbin arm rests
    2014 RTS SE6 , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But I have a question: what sort of riding conditions do you normally encounter?
    City traffic (Stop & Go)
    Suburban
    Rural
    Interstate riding

I ride rural two-lanes about 90% of the time, with virtually no traffic around me.
    My bike never heats up, and I just wonder if it's the "sitting in traffic"; that makes folks feel the heat.

Thanks!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

The scoops look great and anything to remove the heat around the glove box area is a must. Now i'll do the same.

Thanks Doc for posting!
    Shooter
    972-467-8077

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

But I have a question: what sort of riding conditions do you normally encounter?
    City traffic (Stop & Go)
    Suburban
    Rural
    Interstate riding

I ride rural two-lanes about 90% of the time, with virtually no traffic around me.
    My bike never heats up, and I just wonder if it's the "sitting in traffic"; that makes folks feel the heat.

Thanks!
    Hey Bob, It is much more noticeable when getting stuck in traffic, but at this time of year down here in Florida, the temps have been around 100 or more, so it doesn't make much differernce where whether you are in town, or out on the road, if you are in the sun, it's HOT. The vent kit really makes a difference in the rider seating area, and glove box.

David

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Spyder Garage

Through our (Australian) summer I had no heat problems with the 1330 motor heating up any body panels.

So to give a little extra cooling I did the following as I don't find the need for additional scoops.