Thanks Doc. Got my instructions
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

Spyder Garage

Default Rt Vent

PM sent.

Spyder Garage

PM sent

2012 Quantum Blue Metallic RT-S (SE5)
    Elka Stage 1 +R, Yosh R-77 Muffler, Cat Bypass, DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap, HMT Brake Light, Garmin 660,( Spyderpops BumpSkid, Lower Radiator Block Off Plate, Catalytic Converter Shield, & Missing Belt Guard) GloRyder's, (Tricled “Vader wings” & Super White LED Fender Lights) Butler Mug Holder, Shortee Antenna, Prosport digital voltage/clock gauges. Baja Ron's Plugs/Wire and Sway Bar....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc - Riverside View Post
    You can order any color as long as it is BLACK. If you want matching colors you will have to get them painted yourself.

They are the BRP Scoops. Part number 219800388. As mentioned in other threads they are $67.00 plus tax. The vents are a great accessory at an unbelievable price from BRP.

Cooler glove box and seat area

Price above. You don't need the template. Send me a PM with your E-mail address and I'll send you a PDF file on how I did the install.

As explained above. Plus one of the very first mods I did was the CAT Bypass.

If anyone wants the instructions on how I installed them without the template send me a PM with your E-Mail address.
    I just ordered my vents and can't wait to get them installed. I would appreciate a set of the installation instructions sent to snoopy44@cox.net. Thanks

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Does the 2012 RT need them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaimekinkle View Post

My opinion is the Air Vent Kit is the best Mod that can done on any RT (2010-2015). Yes you should do it and it is only$67+tax but you should get BRP to install them for free.

Spyder Garage

My opinion is the Air Vent Kit is the best Mod that can done on any RT (2010-2015). Yes you should do it and it is only$67+tax but you should get BRP to install them for free.
    +100!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BRP agreed to provide them and have them installed for free for me after a call to my dealer about excessive heat.

ZERO charge to me. They were installed yesterday and work beautifully... I had them installed on my '11 RTS.

No one with a pre-2014 RT should be paying for these or their installation.

Push the heat issue with your dealer to get these for free from BRP. The dealer is getting them for free and is being paid to install them; so you should not have to pay.

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    may i ask how much were they and how did you cut the tupperware, did the temp-let come with them and how do they mount. i like the way they look
    "if you pull up the 13 recall it comes with the temp-let"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Boy View Post
    BRP agreed to provide them and have them installed for free for me after a call to my dealer about excessive heat.

ZERO charge to me. They were installed yesterday and work beautifully... I had them installed on my '11 RTS.

No one with a pre-2014 RT should be paying for these or their installation.

Push the heat issue with your dealer to get these for free from BRP. The dealer is getting them for free and is being paid to install them; so you should not have to pay.
    Not sure why this is true. All the 10 thru 12 owners told us 13 owners repeatedly for years they did not have heat issues. Told the NHTSA the same thing and were dropped from the investigation for that reason.

Its interesting to see 2014 and newer bike owners wanting the cool ride the 2013 bikes provide.....

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    "if you pull up the 13 recall it comes with the temp-let"
    The dealer receives a set of the templates so they can do multiple installations for the 2013 RT's. The templates are a time management thing for the dealers to quickly do the 2013 Recall. If you buy just the Vent kit you can use the vent as a template to make the cutout.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That's how I'm getting mine done.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaimekinkle View Post

Yes ... also if you still have warranty (ie: Best extended) BRP are covering the costs. My wife had the scoops installed on her 2012 2 weeks ago and BRP picked up the tab!
    I love how the earth rotates around the sun ... it really makes my day!

Currently Own:

2019 F3 Limited - Vegas White (Dark Edition) - His
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Short reach bars-Center footpegs-Tall boy screen-Flag holders-LED Skidplate-Spydercuffs-Ultimate seat-LED Headlights)
    *** BLOWN MOTOR Apr 21 @3,800 miles, motor replaced by BRP Jun 5, 21 ***

2019 RT Limited - Phoenix Orange (Chrome) - Hers
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Skidplate-Spydercuff-Comfort seat-LED Headlights)

Previously Owned:
    2013 RT SE5 (Orbital Blue) *31,000 Miles* - His
    2012 RT Ltd SE5 (Pink Full Body Wrap) *41,000 Miles* - Hers
    2021 Ryker 900 (Black) Sport Windshield - Foam Grips - Solo Comfort Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Not sure why this is true. All the 10 thru 12 owners told us 13 owners repeatedly for years they did not have heat issues. Told the NHTSA the same thing and were dropped from the investigation for that reason.

As has been reported here in another thread there is a TST # 112333 that addresses the installation of the vent kit on the 2010-2012 model RT's. It is available to those owners thru BRP as stated.

Its interesting to see 2014 and newer bike owners wanting the cool ride the 2013 bikes provide.....
    Yes I have a 2014 RT and installed the Vent Kit. Why did I do it? There is still heat from the engine compartment though not like the 998 engines configuration because of the way the 1330 engine exhaust has been moved to the from of the engine and the radiators have been moved way forward of the engine. The fact remains there is a engine that is enclosed in plastic and the top of the engine is covered in a ton of plastic called a air box that prevents good air circulation at the top of the engine. The bottom line is there is heat in the seat and glove box area as has been reported by other members of the 2014-2015 model. The temps here in Southeast Georgia have been in the high 90's for the past month and a half. Adding the vents has helped. The next best thing to get rid if the heat is to get rid of all the plastic on the top of the engine (air box and resonator/filter assembly). Benefit of this would allow access to the top of the engine without having to spend the time removing the air box and resonator just to get to the spark plugs.

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

So my dealer tells me my 2012 RT Ltd is not covered by the recall. That's fine, because for the results others have reported I am willing to fork over the nominal cost. Besides I really don't want to leave the bike in the shop for "who knows how many days" while they do something I can do myself in a few hours.

The questions I have are:

1 - Is the $67 for a pair (both sides) or just one?

2 - Do I order through BRP online or the dealers parts desk?

3 - Just reference the 219800388 part number?
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post
    So my dealer tells me my 2012 RT Ltd is not covered by the recall. That's fine, because for the results others have reported I am willing to fork over the nominal cost. Besides I really don't want to leave the bike in the shop for "who knows how many days" while they do something I can do myself in a few hours.

The questions I have are:

1 - Is the $67 for a pair (both sides) or just one? Both

2 - Do I order through BRP online or the dealers parts desk? Dealer parts desk.

3 - Just reference the 219800388 part number?
    Correct

As it was mentioned on another thread the 2010 - 2012 RT's are covered under TST # 112333 but then again some dealers are saying it isn't covered because if they do the mod BRP only pays them a fixed fee.

Spyder Garage

Looks good, Doc. We need to take a ride.
    Bill
    Pride Runs Deep Semper Tacitus

An armed man is a Citizen; an unarmed man is a subject....

2017 F3 T SE6
    2015 Vulcan Vaquero ABS
    ALR Chapter 401 (Hilliard FL)
    GA & FL Patriot Guard

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I HAVE THE PAINT

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Maybe just not cognac

Bob
    As stated above and leaving the grill face black would be a nice touch ...............Mike

Spyder Garage

Yes I have a 2014 RT and installed the Vent Kit. Why did I do it? There is still heat from the engine compartment though not like the 998 engines configuration because of the way the 1330 engine exhaust has been moved to the from of the engine and the radiators have been moved way forward of the engine. The fact remains there is a engine that is enclosed in plastic and the top of the engine is covered in a ton of plastic called a air box that prevents good air circulation at the top of the engine. The bottom line is there is heat in the seat and glove box area as has been reported by other members of the 2014-2015 model. The temps here in Southeast Georgia have been in the high 90's for the past month and a half. Adding the vents has helped. The next best thing to get rid if the heat is to get rid of all the plastic on the top of the engine (air box and resonator/filter assembly). Benefit of this would allow access to the top of the engine without having to spend the time removing the air box and resonator just to get to the spark plugs.
    Do You Realize MORE People will read your Post IF you post in regular Black Print like everyone else?
    When You post in RED it is as If your a Child "Screaming?" at someone!!
    Think About It?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have no problem with heat in the 1330 I feel some warm air around the glove box/ seat area but no way do I need to add more vents/scopes or air conditioning in or around my Tupperware..

The 1330 is one fine bike..Now if you want to feel heat go jump on a HARLEY on a hot day.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default REALLY

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Do You Realize MORE People will read your Post IF you post in regular Black Print like everyone else?
    Think About It?

HEY SARGE ...GET A LIFE ........Mike.......And if you really think this is of major concern , I suggest you contact the administrator and have Him eliminate ALL the colors except BLACK.............
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 08-24-2015 at 08:09 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What is more important?
    The message?
    or
    How it is delivered?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Think About It?

If you you used a little logic and figured out the the reason I change the color it was to make my reply to various questions or thoughts from other members that I replied to using the Quote function. It differentiates there quote from my reply. I will change to Blue so as to up set you.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Correct

As it was mentioned on another thread the 2010 - 2012 RT's are covered under TST # 112333 but then again some dealers are saying it isn't covered because if they do the mod BRP only pays them a fixed fee.
    Here's another source:http://www.powersportswarehouse.com/...P//219800388/1
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Doc, I don't oppose your vent installation. However the plastic on the top of the 1330 is not the airbox. The plastic atop the engine is the intake manifold. The concept of replacing it similar to the V twin may not have the same merits.

The two airboxes sit left and right of center and have little effect on blocking airflow.

The 1330 throttle body is forward facing. The still airbox is forward forward of that. The duct that couple the 1 airbox to the still airbox its over the steering unit. Airbox #1 is on the left side.

The airboxes could be removed, not sure you would gain much. The intake manifold would be more difficult, but someone with enough skills, time and money could design a new one. Lot of work though.

PK