Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I'm a happy camper. I think BRP got it right.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclerider View Post
    I got mine done in Fredericksburg in late July! There is so much heat that just blows around the bike on hot days it is almost not enjoyable. I am going to buy some s mall sheets of ABS plastic and make a shield to deflect all the fan heat. I put the block off plate on, but I think some how that makes it worse for engine heat. I don't see how but it made a difference when I took it off. If the dealer has to take it apart again they are going to put a cat bypass on and wrap the headers.
    Have heard nothing but good things from Fredericksburg Powersport. Check the lower panel (black piece above foot rest) and make sure it is properly locked in with the upper lateral panel, mine is a little warped from the heat and I have to pull it out with a small hook before seating since that is where most of my hotfoot came from.

Spyder Garage

Red face 2013 recal done

had mine done by dealer in cullman Alabama, Love it, a completely different bike. now if I can stop my wife from complaining about her right foot getting hot I'll be a happy camper

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Exditchdigger View Post
    had mine done by dealer in cullman Alabama, Love it, a completely different bike. now if I can stop my wife from complaining about her right foot getting hot I'll be a happy camper
    If you have a upper block off plate installed on the right hand side (dragons mouth), remove it and Install the 2014 right hand side plastic grill which comes with the lower hole block off (all one piece) which is where I found the heat is coming from and flowing up under the foot. You will still get some warmth there but no where near the hot heat that was there. The grill costs around $25
    I love how the earth rotates around the sun ... it really makes my day!

Currently Own:

2019 F3 Limited - Vegas White (Dark Edition) - His
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Short reach bars-Center footpegs-Tall boy screen-Flag holders-LED Skidplate-Spydercuffs-Ultimate seat-LED Headlights)
    *** BLOWN MOTOR Apr 21 @3,800 miles, motor replaced by BRP Jun 5, 21 ***

2019 RT Limited - Phoenix Orange (Chrome) - Hers
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Skidplate-Spydercuff-Comfort seat-LED Headlights)

Previously Owned:
    2013 RT SE5 (Orbital Blue) *31,000 Miles* - His
    2012 RT Ltd SE5 (Pink Full Body Wrap) *41,000 Miles* - Hers
    2021 Ryker 900 (Black) Sport Windshield - Foam Grips - Solo Comfort Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2RTsGV View Post
    If you have a upper block off plate installed on the right hand side (dragons mouth), remove it and Install the 2014 right hand side plastic grill which comes with the lower hole block off (all one piece) which is where I found the heat is coming from and flowing up under the foot. You will still get some warmth there but no where near the hot heat that was there. The grill costs around $25
    That's what I did. $18.99. It not only gives that gaping upper hole a finished look, it blocks off the lower one as well. Easy install.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default RT recall

I had it done and it didn't work so I sold it and lost a lot. it had 2,300 miles and I had it for 17 months and lost 14,000 dollars on it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    That's what I did. $18.99. It not only gives that gaping upper hole a finished look, it blocks off the lower one as well. Easy install.

Is there any modification required? Or is it just an easy fit? What do you ask for? A 2014 right side grill?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Have heard nothing but good things from Fredericksburg Powersport. Check the lower panel (black piece above foot rest) and make sure it is properly locked in with the upper lateral panel, mine is a little warped from the heat and I have to pull it out with a small hook before seating since that is where most of my hotfoot came from.
    Thanks. I will check that out. Rode home yesterday the dashboard said it was 107 degrees. When I pulled in the garage there was no vapor coming from the bottom and no smell of gas....BUT! The tank was just above a 1/4. That seems to be the difference.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclerider View Post
    Is there any modification required? Or is it just an easy fit? What do you ask for? A 2014 right side grill?
    Part number is 705004803, RH Side Grill for 2014 RT Limited SE6. $18.99 + shipping. You can have it shipped for free to your dealer. No modifications necessary. Pretty easy install, have to take a couple of parts off to get it in. Took me about 1/2 hour.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Part number is 705004803, RH Side Grill for 2014 RT Limited SE6. $18.99 + shipping. You can have it shipped for free to your dealer. No modifications necessary. Pretty easy install, have to take a couple of parts off to get it in. Took me about 1/2 hour.
    Thanks! I appreciate the information

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ekfraz View Post
    I had it done and it didn't work so I sold it and lost a lot. it had 2,300 miles and I had it for 17 months and lost 14,000 dollars on it.
    Holy Cow! Did you sell it for 12,000 or what?

Spyder Garage

I had the 2013 RT Recall done a couple of weeks ago. I also had no more heat from under the seat and the glove box is cool. The weather here has been cool 60's 70's and low 80's since the work was completed and was pleased with the results. Yesterday it got up to the mid 90's and the heat coming out on the right is just about unbearable. It comes back towards my leg and pases back at a angle to the saddlebag. It not only hits my foot but on up my leg above my 8 inch boot. I have had the RT for two years and after the first year I changed on the vents and put on the adjustable vents. Either way I never had so much heat on the right side. I am wondering in doing the recall did they leave something out or had the new air scoops changed the air flow around the cycle? Reading the posts this problem has not been a major problem.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Wind View Post
    I had the 2013 RT Recall done a couple of weeks ago. I also had no more heat from under the seat and the glove box is cool. The weather here has been cool 60's 70's and low 80's since the work was completed and was pleased with the results. Yesterday it got up to the mid 90's and the heat coming out on the right is just about unbearable. It comes back towards my leg and pases back at a angle to the saddlebag. It not only hits my foot but on up my leg above my 8 inch boot. I have had the RT for two years and after the first year I changed on the vents and put on the adjustable vents. Either way I never had so much heat on the right side. I am wondering in doing the recall did they leave something out or had the new air scoops changed the air flow around the cycle? Reading the posts this problem has not been a major problem.
    Do you have a block off plate, and if so, is it upper or lower on the right hand side? The radiator is right there, and yeah it blows hot air. The scoops do change the air flow, and there were some interior panels removed to increase airflow in the engine bay. But the engine heat has to go somewhere, and it is to the radiator. So, if the right side is wide open, get a block off plate. Most folks - me included - like the lower one to keep the hot air off of the right foot.

Spyder Garage

How about making a deflector : http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...Heat-Deflector
    Last edited by wetmountainman; 08-28-2015 at 08:40 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd. SE5

Spyder Garage

Default RECALL

I'm getting mine done Sept. 9th, does anybody know If I can still use my Baker air wings after the recall Is done?
    2013 Viper Red RT S-SE5 All 48 states on a Gold Wing now I'm working on getting all on a

Spyder Garage

I think that you have to cut the upper wings shorter at the top, there was a thread about this a few months ago. Call Baker Built & ask them.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by STELLING MAN View Post
    I'm getting mine done Sept. 9th, does anybody know If I can still use my Baker air wings after the recall Is done?
    Yes, but not the Inner Panels. You may want to consider changing out the upper wings like I did.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...new-air-scoops

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Yes I noticed the same thing. A lot of heat now out of the bottom right. I guess the new scoops push the air down and out. Around my seat is cooler than ever, actually very cool air now
    2013 RT SE5
    Bajaron sway bar
    Bajaron heim links
    laser alignment from dealer
    Inspector Gadget floor boards
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Grip Puppies
    HEAT RECALL COMPLETED

Spyder Garage

Default heat

Quote Originally Posted by dslim View Post
    Holy Cow! Did you sell it for 12,000 or what?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ekfraz View Post
    That's a shame!!

Spyder Garage

Default Baker Air Wings

Quote Originally Posted by STELLING MAN View Post
    YES you can still use the Baker Air Wings and there was no modification done to them. I thought I was going to lose the top wing with the recall work but that is not the case..thankfully.

I agree that the the bike is a whole different bike after the recall.. I never had excessive heat but it was at times uncomfortable. Now the bike is just better and totally cool to the touch.
    Jonny
    Jonny
    2013 Spyder RT Limited
    • TricLED 3rd and 4th Brake Light
    • Spyderpops Bumpskid with TricLED LED kit
    • GloRyder Wheel Lights
    • Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    • Corbin Arm Rests
    • TricLED Turn Signals

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RBS66 View Post
    Yes I noticed the same thing. A lot of heat now out of the bottom right. I guess the new scoops push the air down and out. Around my seat is cooler than ever, actually very cool air now

I believe what made a big difference was removing the wind deflectors. It didn't help much with the hot right foot problem but it shot air a little higher up and just past your leg and kept the heat away.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RBS66 View Post
    I notice it also, now that I've been riding a while in hot weather since the recall was done. I took a 3-day trip up to NY in July and a few days after I got home, I had a huge blister on the side of my right big toe, which I assume was from the constant heat.

Just the other day, I installed the 2014 RH grill (which includes a block-off plate for the lower opening), in the hopes that would remove the worst of the heat from my foot and let it escape through the grill, which is above my foot. It doesn't seem to be working as well as I hoped it would. So now, I guess I need to explore a way to cut some holes in the bottom panels below the back of the radiator. Or... maybe now that the recall has been done, it's finally time to install Spyder Pop's block-off plate. (I hadn't wanted to do that before the recall, because I didn't want to route any more heat inside cowlings.)
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    Just the other day, I installed the 2014 RH grill (which includes a block-off plate for the lower opening), in the hopes that would remove the worst of the heat from my foot and let it escape through the grill, which is above my foot. It doesn't seem to be working as well as I hoped it would. So now, I guess I need to explore a way to cut some holes in the bottom panels below the back of the radiator. Or... maybe now that the recall has been done, it's finally time to install Spyder Pop's block-off plate. (I hadn't wanted to do that before the recall, because I didn't want to route any more heat inside cowlings.)
    However you block it off, like I did or with Spyderpops plate, you must provide an alternative route for the hot air off the radiator to escape. If you don't you run the risk of running the engine too hot.

In my case I feel very little heat coming from the lower vent hole. My problem was my foot would roast when it was on the highway peg. That's why I blocked off the upper vent and not the lower one. With the added hole in the bottom panel there is plenty of opening for the air to escape.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Yep. That's a good point.
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat