Spyder Garage

Default Tire replacement question -- non-OEM tire

Does anyone in this forum know of a dealer or tire service center in central Alabama who is willing (and capable) of replacing the stock Kenda rear tire with a non-OEM tire?

I've only gotten 6500 miles out of the stock Kenda, and I'd like to try another brand (almost anything else lasts far longer; see the general discussion forum), but all the dealers I've queried won't replace the tire with anything but the crappy OEM Kenda. Apparently BRP is leaning on them about this.

I live just north of Montgomery. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Default Tire

Call spyderpops he is a vendor on this site nice guy

Spyder Garage

Thanks, but Spyderpops is in Arkansas. I'm tying to find someone in my immediate region.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

You might check with ISCI and see if they know anyone in Montgomery who can help you.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Remove the rear wheel/tire and take the wheel to Discount tire and they can mount the tire on your wheel. There are very good videos of how to do so. Also most independent motorcycle shops can do the work as the rear axle is similar to many other bikes.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

SpyderAnn01 -- ISCI did it for me. It's nice having an option. I don't understand why the dealers are so anal about non-OEM tires.

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Baxter View Post
    SpyderAnn01 -- ISCI did it for me. It's nice having an option. I don't understand why the dealers are so anal about non-OEM tires.
    its really simple.. dealers & BRP want to sell tires that has the most mark up... BRP buys the absolute cheapest tire they can possibly find so both BRP & the dealer can make the most money... and guess who pays for a substandard tire that will only last for few thousand miles.. in fact, the Kendas wear out before you have to change your oil ???

osm

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Spyder Man View Post
    its really simple.. dealers & BRP want to sell tires that has the most mark up... BRP buys the absolute cheapest tire they can possibly find so both BRP & the dealer can make the most money... and guess who pays for a substandard tire that will only last for few thousand miles.. in fact, the Kendas wear out before you have to change your oil ???

osm
    Purely conjecture! However, I respect your right to an opinion. Wish we could ban additional oil or tire debates.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default CONJECTURE !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    Purely conjecture! However, I respect your right to an opinion. Wish we could ban additional oil or tire debates.
    You think so.......Then please explain why an " AUTHORIZED KENDA TIRE DEALER " can't get a tire for your Spyder ...................... And I wish we could BAN people from commenting when they don't have a " CLUE " what they are talking about ........................jmho..................Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    You think so.......Then please explain why an " AUTHORIZED KENDA TIRE DEALER " can't get a tire for your Spyder ...................... And I wish we could BAN people from commenting when they don't have a " CLUE " what they are talking about ........................jmho..................Mike
    Then what would you have to talk about Mike! You represent the bullying side of this forum and I could care less what you think. Of course my opinion, lol!

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

why ban tire & oil debates... it surely draws a lot of interest from members... if you don't want to read or answer these posts... heck just pass them by...

osm

Spyder Garage

Default BULLYING

Then what would you have to talk about Mike! You represent the bullying side of this forum and I could care less what you think. Of course my opinion, lol!
    Really !! .................and you DO CARE what I think because you wrote a response..............A more accurate assessment of my contributions here would be I think I have provided far more answers than questions............jmho, also............Mike .. PS......You forgot to explain " WHY YOU CAN'T BUY A " SPYDER " TIRE FROM AN AUTHORIZED KENDA TIRE DEALER " ????
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 09-03-2015 at 09:25 PM.

Spyder Garage

Here we go, again. Someone asks a reasonable question - and the pissing contest starts to see who can be most offensive.

I wonder sometimes if some of the members of this forum are adults, or high school sophomores

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Getting back to the gentleman's question, Call big one in Birmingham Very reasonable
    labor to.
    Ken

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    i am an authorized kenda tire dealer but can only get the tires for passenger cars.

Spyder Garage

I think it has to do with liabilities. The VSS and other systems have to work within certain tire parameters.
    It should be a simple matter to identify and specify these parameters like cars and car tires, but the easier way would be to test the systems with specific tires.
    How many spyders are there ? 100,000 ? That's only 300,000 tires total. That's not really a lot of tires, not in the world of the tire manufacturers.
    I suspect as time goes on and there are more spyders, there may be more OEM tire selections.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong, and I'm certain someone on this forum will let me know about it.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Default Tire Replacment Question

Hello;
    The heavy duty Vee Rubber ARACHNID V35004 is an excellent replacement. It has a high load range of 80H.
    Jerry
    Jerry@veerubber.biz

Spyder Garage

Default Dunlop GTQBSW p225/50R15

I'm about to put this tire on my 2012 RSS in rear has any of you guys use this tire and is it any damn good!???
    Does anyone in this forum know of a dealer or tire service center in central Alabama who is willing (and capable) of replacing the stock Kenda rear tire with a non-OEM tire?

I've only gotten 6500 miles out of the stock Kenda, and I'd like to try another brand (almost anything else lasts far longer; see the general discussion forum), but all the dealers I've queried won't replace the tire with anything but the crappy OEM Kenda. Apparently BRP is leaning on them about this.

I live just north of Montgomery. Thanks!
    So have any of you guys use the Dunlop tires with any luck
    SNOWMOBILING ON PAVEMENT!!!

Spyder Garage

Default TIRES AND THE COMPUTERS ON THE SPYDERS

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    I think it has to do with liabilities. The VSS and other systems have to work within certain tire parameters.
    It should be a simple matter to identify and specify these parameters like cars and car tires, but the easier way would be to test the systems with specific tires.
    How many spyders are there ? 100,000 ? That's only 300,000 tires total. That's not really a lot of tires, not in the world of the tire manufacturers.
    I suspect as time goes on and there are more spyders, there may be more OEM tire selections.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong, and I'm certain someone on this forum will let me know about it.
    Think about what you are suggesting and how it relates to the real world of Computer controlled Vehicles ......All cars and trucks today have systems in place that coordinate with the computers, tires , and the various safety systems ...Right.....Do you know of any Manufacturer that requires you to use a SPECIFIC TIRE because that's what the system is designed to recognize ???????........... Do you really believe BRP had KENDA design a tire Specifically to interact with the Spyders Computer System !!!!!!..... and anything else isn't going to work as well !!!!.............BECAUSE IF THAT'S TRUE .....THEN IF KENDA CHANGES THE TIRE COMPOUND .....ALL SPYDER COMPUTERS HAVE TO BE CHANGED .......UNDER WARRANTY ................I don't see that happening .................... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FIRECAT View Post
    I'm about to put this tire on my 2012 RSS in rear has any of you guys use this tire and is it any damn good!???
    So have any of you guys use the Dunlop tires with any luck
    Ttt
    SNOWMOBILING ON PAVEMENT!!!